The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Molly648
Do I start back to school the earliest? 28th of August, anyone else? Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

NOOOO way that is torture so you basically have about 30 odd days till all the pain and stress comes back again?!!!:smile:
Original post by mollyh77
I think that's about when we go back too haha!

At least I'm not alone!! It feels so soon though!
Original post by PoisonSky
27th August for me :P going to Greenhead College, so starting at a new school rather than going back.

That is early! Well one day before me so I can feel your pain!
Original post by thebestiscoming
NOOOO way that is torture so you basically have about 30 odd days till all the pain and stress comes back again?!!!:smile:

Well when you put it like that it seems one hundred times worse :wink: haha! Well I will be back to school and having fun and you will all be bored! :wink:
Do I start back to school the earliest? 28th of August, anyone else? Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

*Raises hand, very sadly* :frown:
Reply 1143
Original post by Tibbz2
We must be quite lucky starting on the 4th then! Anyone go back even later than that?

Broke up on 18th July..going back on....wait for it.......9TH SEP! :biggrin::biggrin:
Finished all my exams on the 18th of June and don't start college until the 9th of September... :K:

Usually 6 weeks of summer drives me insane, this is a whole other level!
At least I'm not alone!! It feels so soon though!

That is early! Well one day before me so I can feel your pain!

Well when you put it like that it seems one hundred times worse :wink: haha! Well I will be back to school and having fun and you will all be bored! :wink:

true.. but it all depends on the a levels which you have chosen....
Reply 1146
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Me too:redface:

I start on the 30th August :frown:
Reply 1147
Original post by y.arora
Broke up on 18th July..going back on....wait for it.......9TH SEP! :biggrin::biggrin:

Damn, 5 more days :frown:

Then again I'm already getting pretty bored with the hols so maybe it isn't such a bad thing :tongue:
Original post by thebestiscoming
true.. but it all depends on the a levels which you have chosen....

I have chosen biology, chemistry, maths and geography (confusing to know whether to do that or Spanish though) what have you chosen?
Reply 1149
Original post by Tibbz2
Damn, 5 more days :frown:

Then again I'm already getting pretty bored with the hols so maybe it isn't such a bad thing :tongue:

I agree, by the time the results are out, and we've boasted/moaned about them the term starts. My school however are calling certain years in for parts of the day for "nourishment and preparation" instead of wasting the initial part of the year.
I have chosen biology, chemistry, maths and geography (confusing to know whether to do that or Spanish though) what have you chosen?

same , only difference is that I am taking history instead of geo
Original post by Robbie242
Good luck everyone, remember even if you get disappointed by results, try your hardest to not let these dictate your future path, you have to remain resilient, but eventually despite a B grade seeming like the end of the world for some of you, at alevel you can definitely bring it up by working hard. Remember GCSEs aren't the real test of intelligence or a persons ability, some are challenging yes but not everything rides on them remember, a-level results matter far more for university placements.

And don't ever let your teachers say you can't do something, if you want to do it just do it

Thanks, any ideas what to do if you get bad Grades and what to say, just incase I do get bad grades to friends and especially my parents.
Original post by JBrizland
Thanks, any ideas what to do if you get bad Grades and what to say, just incase I do get bad grades to friends and especially my parents.

By bad grades to what extent? B's? C's? D's? E's? F's?

If it's the last 3 then you will have some troubles when enrolling.
If not, then what I would do is try to get into subjects I like, if I'm denied that, strongly argue my case until I get in :lol:. To your friends just be honest, and to your parents just say I tried my best and then move onto a-levels to make up for poor GCSEs.

I can't give a full standard advice since everyone is different, my parents were ecstatic at my B's and C's I don't know if yours would be
Original post by sophie238
Does anyone know if you can retake the Graphic Products exam for AQA? Only one I'm really worried about, completely froze :s-smilie:

I totally agree with you that exam was horrid, really horrid I got a A in my coursework a high B on last years exam which was my mock. I found that exam fine, then I went into this exam I was rushing the questions about the Alberto Alessi cups was very hard. I hated it I think I have failed tbh I got to hope coursework helps me! My Graphics teacher is an examiner he said it was easy, I really didn't think so and neither did my class mates.
Original post by Robbie242
By bad grades to what extent? B's? C's? D's? E's? F's?

If it's the last 3 then you will have some troubles when enrolling.
If not, then what I would do is try to get into subjects I like, if I'm denied that, strongly argue my case until I get in :lol:. To your friends just be honest, and to your parents just say I tried my best and then move onto a-levels to make up for poor GCSEs.

I can't give a full standard advice since everyone is different, my parents were ecstatic at my B's and C's I don't know if yours would be

Well, I did last years exams for my mocks I did really well got A's & B's I got 1 D. I was very happy. Did these exams didn't revise as much as I would have liked to even though I only spent a week revising for mocks.allin all, I felt tones more pressure with these as they are the real things! I feel the exam boards have made the exams harder this year and I am so worried and anxious as in some points in English Literature rushing and not having enough time to put no where near enough detail into my answers as I would have hoped. I hope my A/A* coursework will save me in almost all of my subjects. The only subject that was easy was R.E.
Original post by JBrizland
Well, I did last years exams for my mocks I did really well got A's & B's I got 1 D. I was very happy. Did these exams didn't revise as much as I would have liked to even though I only spent a week revising for mocks.allin all, I felt tones more pressure with these as they are the real things! I feel the exam boards have made the exams harder this year and I am so worried and anxious as in some points in English Literature rushing and not having enough time to put no where near enough detail into my answers as I would have hoped. I hope my A/A* coursework will save me in almost all of my subjects. The only subject that was easy was R.E.

Fingers crossed for sciences you get at least B+ and humanities C+ as these will allow you to progress onto a-level. (C's will also usually work). Grade boundaries will usually reflect the difficulty of the paper so you may not be as f'd as you think. I did the same, I only revision every now and then during GCSEs, we all make silly mistakes at GCSE, its all about whether we can recover from them. It is quite weird seeing all these A* students fall to C's D's and E's at A-level, the ones who work hard get rewarded, the lazy end up with C's D's and E's (at a-level)
Original post by usycool1
Peninsula don't even exist anymore! :tongue:

Hi, I am really worried about my maths exam. If worst come to the worst with my maths exam which I sat with Edexcel and I got a D how would I go about sitting another exam as a candidate outside of college in the November or January examination series? Thanks in advance for answering this question.
My parents won't be happy with me unless I get all A*s (11A*s) so I am ****ed and basically destined for failure..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Piledriver
Finished all my exams on the 18th of June and don't start college until the 9th of September... :K:

Usually 6 weeks of summer drives me insane, this is a whole other level!

My last exam was the 10th of June, and I go back on the 3rd of September - 12 weeks is an awfully long time, especially as my sister only broke up last Wednesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erudite
I had a dream the other day that I got 3 marks off an A* in maths, was so upset.. Ah I'm so nervous

ahahahah i was 3 marks off an A* in year ten had to work redo maths in year 11 loooooollll you don't know that feeling lol but over time you get over it hehe

Latest