The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's taken nearly three weeks, and as many as four phone calls (from me and to me), but!
reservation progress!.GIF
I have my places reserved! Yay!
Reply 4921
Original post by Octopus_Garden
It's taken nearly three weeks, and as many as four phone calls (from me and to me), but!

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by AquisM
Congrats! :smile:
Vielen Dank!

What course is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunfowers01
What course is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

L130 Auftakt: intermediate German http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/l130.htm
L120 Ouverture: intermediate French http://www3.open.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/course/l120.htm
:excited:
Reply 4925

Congratulations, I'm excited for you. :biggrin:

I want to be starting on something new again... all I've got coming up soon is the listening and then the speaking part of Studieprøven (you know, the part I chickened out of in June), and that's not until Nov-Dec. Then I have to start on Physics and Chemistry AS-levels in the new year, in Danish, probably while finding a new job...

All this mention of Japanese and Chinese is also tempting me way too much...
Original post by Ronove
Congratulations, I'm excited for you. :biggrin:

I want to be starting on something new again... all I've got coming up soon is the listening and then the speaking part of Studieprøven (you know, the part I chickened out of in June), and that's not until Nov-Dec. Then I have to start on Physics and Chemistry AS-levels in the new year, in Danish, probably while finding a new job...

Would it make you better if I pointed out that I probably won't be doing much new stuff? :biggrin: I'm starting with the OU one module away from the bottom, and it's designed to be accessible ab initio!

(If anyone wants to do an ab initio French degree in the UK, the OU does it :biggrin: )

However, I'm learning Spanish by accident right now, because of Dora the Explorer.:tongue: the children are watching it for the very first time ever right now.
Reply 4927
Original post by Ronove

I'm very glad to see this sudden interest in Asian languages. In my opinion, diversity is a wonderful thing that is to be celebrated. :biggrin:
Posso parlare english, l'italiano et le francais mais je voudrais aussi parler le mandarin et l'espagnol.
So anche come leggere l'arabico et comme ca s'ecrit legreek.

Makes any sense to anyone?
Original post by jeje198
Posso parlare english, l'italiano et le francais mais je voudrais aussi parler le mandarin et l'espagnol.
So anche come leggere l'arabico et comme ca s'ecrit legreek.

Makes any sense to anyone?

Je suis franco-italienne et je parle aussi anglais :smile:
In italiano si dice " arabo ".
En français tu peux dire " je sais écrire en grec " ou " je connais l'alphabet grec ".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4930
Original post by AquisM
I'm very glad to see this sudden interest in Asian languages. In my opinion, diversity is a wonderful thing that is to be celebrated. :biggrin:

If I was somehow included in the 'sudden' there, you're happily mistaken. I originally applied for BA Japanese before I changed my mind, way back when. :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
If I was somehow included in the 'sudden' there, you're happily mistaken. I originally applied for BA Japanese before I changed my mind, way back when. :tongue:

Wieviel Sprachen sprichst du?!
Reply 4932
Wieviel Sprachen sprichst du?!

You don't need any knowledge of Japanese for most degree courses. In fact some would rather you didn't bother starting at all. :wink:
Original post by Ronove
You don't need any knowledge of Japanese for most degree courses. In fact some would rather you didn't bother starting at all. :wink:
Ah, so that they don't have to un-teach anything?

Bit like Law LLB degree courses then!
Original post by Bambirina
Je suis franco-italienne et je parle aussi anglais :smile:
In italiano si dice " arabo ".
En français tu peux dire " je sais écrire en grec " ou " je connais l'alphabet grec ".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, grazie! :smile:
Sono italiana anch'io, ma alcune volte mi confondo con le parole in inglese e italiano perche' sono abituata a scrivere l'inglese ora.
E sto facendo il GCSE in francese, dunque non sono fluente pero' il mio "target grade" e' A* perche' il francese e l'italiano sono un po' similari.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4935
Original post by Ronove

Haha Wow I didn't know that. Nevertheless, overall there has been an increased level of interest in Asian languages, new or otherwise. XD
Reply 4936
Ah, so that they don't have to un-teach anything?

Bit like Law LLB degree courses then!

Yeah exactly!
German grammar grasped today, months after the exams.

Model verbs and double infinitives. :banghead: :bricks:

At this rate, by the time July is over, I will be convinced that nothing in that essay was grammatically accurate...
Reply 4938
German grammar grasped today, months after the exams.

Model verbs and double infinitives. :banghead: :bricks:

At this rate, by the time July is over, I will be convinced that nothing in that essay was grammatically accurate...

It's always like that, stop beating yourself up. At least you're actually getting to grips with it now, rather than never!
Reply 4939
Pointless.

Latest

Trending

Trending