The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SecretDuck
Not everyone drinks at QMUL, you know...

And I'm a professional diver :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JulietheCat
And I'm a professional diver :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes, I just think that you're in a dream world.
Sometimes, I just think that you're in a dream world.

Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because you claim that there is a course which could propel someone who doesn't know a single fact about music theory into infinite opportunities in employment?
Reply 1104
Yep. I should've taken Economics, not this ****ty Music course

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with it?

Edit: Other than "it's easy"
(edited 10 years ago)
Because you claim that there is a course which could propel someone who doesn't know a single fact about music theory into infinite opportunities in employment?

The employment rate for that course is only like 3%. I never ever said that it has big employment opportunities.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CJKay
What's wrong with it?

It's too easy and each class and lecture has always been "Ffs, I know this stuff already!" And I walk out. :colonhash:

I don't feel the need to go to uni just to learn about music. I have the knowledge, I do mess around with music and I do know how to make slightly ****ty remixes but they are harmonious. I'm doing it just to get a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's too easy and each class and lecture has always been "Ffs, I know this stuff already!" And I walk out. :colonhash:

I don't feel the need to go to uni just to learn about music. I have the knowledge, I do mess around with music and I do know how to make slightly ****ty remixes but they are harmonious. I'm doing it just to get a degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still have a chance to enquire about transferring to another course if you want to :smile:
You still have a chance to enquire about transferring to another course if you want to :smile:

:no: No, they told me that I have to take the Economics course from scratch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1109

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why don't you switch courses if this one doesn't fulfill your interests? :dontknow:
Sounds like me though, easy course only here to get the degree. Doesn't bother me too much personally though.
Original post by CJKay
Why don't you switch courses if this one doesn't fulfill your interests? :dontknow:
Sounds like me though, easy course only here to get the degree. Doesn't bother me too much personally though.

See above. And I like my classmates an awful lot. SD said that her classmates are mostly those who drink themselves to death and leave her in a bar all alone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1111
See above. And I like my classmates an awful lot. SD said that her classmates are mostly those who drink themselves to death and leave her in a bar all alone

Well you guys sound like you're having a great time at uni. :pierre:

Happy 1111th post!

leave her in a bar all alone

SecretDuck

Wait wat.
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was one time. And I think the situation was far less worse than I made it out to be. Mainly because the only things to drink were alcohol and alcohol. You had to pay to get a soft drink but there were alcohol vouchers.
Original post by CJKay

Happy 1111th post!

Wait wat.

Yeah, they were like "Hey dudes, wanna get high on shisha!?!!?"
And they left - they completely embarrassed me.
Original post by CJKay

Happy 1111th post!

Wait wat.

Here's hoping second year will be much harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1115

Here's hoping second year will be much harder!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amen!

Yeah, they were like "Hey dudes, wanna get high on shisha!?!!?"
And they left - they completely embarrassed me.

I take it you're not into that sort of thing, but not even one of them stayed with you? Did they ever apologise? That's horrible. :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
Amen!

I take it you're not into that sort of thing, but not even one of them stayed with you? Did they ever apologise? That's horrible. :s-smilie:

Nope, I was left all alone with a small bottle of Tiger Beer. That episode has caused me to lose respect for my classmates in all honesty.
Reply 1117
Nope, I was left all alone with a small bottle of Tiger Beer. That episode has caused me to lose respect for my classmates in all honesty.

I don't blame you, no doubt I'd feel the same. Doesn't sound like anybody here is having "the greatest time of your life" they advertised university as. :/
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CJKay
I don't blame you, no doubt I'd feel the same. Doesn't sound like anybody here is having "the greatest time of your life" they advertised university as. :/

Yeah, school was better. So many memories and yet, I don't have a single good memory of first year (except the maths lectures as the lecturer is funny). I have countless stories of school that I can tell my future kids but not of uni, I'm afraid. Even going to club events might be overrated and that's coming from a long term dance music fan. Though in my experience, being sober among drunk people can be hilarious in the right context :smile:
Reply 1119
What's this?

Latest