The Student Room Group

Wolsey hall oxforford

I have been thinking of joining wolsey hall oxford and I wanted to know if it is good?
They have a lot of positive feedback among home educating parents. I've never used them myself.

Which subjects are you wanting to take?
Reply 2
Oh well is there any distance learning schools you suggest, I was planning on completing my GCSEs with Wolsey hall but couldn't for some reason and I'm almost done with my GCSEs and was planning on doing a-level with them.

Original post by neuralmirror
Wolsey Hall is crap, their staff are way too rude and they only care about money.
You are a Wolsey Hall staff right because you commented on All Wolsey Hall posts now. Stop promoting yourself and cleaning your Institution's critical reviews.

No
I'm a home educating parent.
I have zero association with Wolsey Hall whatsoever, and as I stated I haven't even used them.

As a home educating parent, I frequent many many MANY home education Facebook groups, and as a result I've read many reviews about different learning institutions, including Wolsey Hall.

Personally for my own children it's not suitable as they prefer live zoom classes, however I've read good reviews from other parents who say their children get along perfectly well with Wolsey Hall.

It's a little strange that you would assume I work for them.
Original post by marinette28
Oh well is there any distance learning schools you suggest, I was planning on completing my GCSEs with Wolsey hall but couldn't for some reason and I'm almost done with my GCSEs and was planning on doing a-level with them.

Which subjects are you wanting to do?
From what you've said above, are you just wanting A Level providers, or GCSE providers as well?

I can name some very good GCSE providers, but I know less about A Level providers apart from InterHigh.
Reply 5
I've looked upon inter-high but science is a compulsory subject which I don't want to take. I'll be done with my GCSE in 4 months so I'm looking towards a-level. I plan on studying psychology, sociology,fle English, and law perhaps?.

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
From what you've said above, are you just wanting A Level providers, or GCSE providers as well?

I can name some very good GCSE providers, but I know less about A Level providers apart from InterHigh.
Original post by marinette28
I've looked upon inter-high but science is a compulsory subject which I don't want to take. I'll be done with my GCSE in 4 months so I'm looking towards a-level. I plan on studying psychology, sociology,fle English, and law perhaps?.

Science isn't compulsory for A Level at InterHigh, only for GCSEs.
For A Levels you choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 subjects.
You could do the subjects of your choice there.

I only have KS3 experience of InterHigh (Years 8 & 9) so I don't know what the quality of their A Level teaching is like. For KS3 the teaching quality was very good, although difficult sometimes to log on when tons of students try to log on simultaneously. If you ask me, they need to upgrade their servers.

The advantage is that it's live online classes so you can talk to your teacher in real time. Although... depending on how you work, that could be a disadvantage. Some people prefer self-paced.

The main disadvantage is the cost. It's definitely not the cheapest option out there.
Reply 7
okay thankyou

Science isn't compulsory for A Level at InterHigh, only for GCSEs.
For A Levels you choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 subjects.
You could do the subjects of your choice there.

I only have KS3 experience of InterHigh (Years 8 & 9) so I don't know what the quality of their A Level teaching is like. For KS3 the teaching quality was very good, although difficult sometimes to log on when tons of students try to log on simultaneously. If you ask me, they need to upgrade their servers.

The advantage is that it's live online classes so you can talk to your teacher in real time. Although... depending on how you work, that could be a disadvantage. Some people prefer self-paced.

The main disadvantage is the cost. It's definitely not the cheapest option out there.

Drop here!
Reply 8
Depends on where you live. If you want to give AQA exams there might be different good schools.

well the one I looked into had Pearson and Edexcel. I seen an online school with aqa was a bit more expensive compared to others.but thankyou!
Hi, can you recommend some GCSE providers?

Quick Reply

Latest