The Student Room Group

Inconsiderate housemates

I’m in university in England and I’m an international student. I found a 5 bedroom house with a bunch of people I don’t know that well. When it came to the bills part, this dude said we could go on the ‘fused’ subscription so we could do unlimited bills and it came up to £100 per month which is a lot. When I brought it up they all ganged up on me and agreed with each other. I’m so upset because they don’t care about me at all and they only care about themselves. I’m not interested to pay £100 per month, I already pay more as an international student but they’re so privileged. Is there any way out of this?
Original post by jojoti
I’m in university in England and I’m an international student. I found a 5 bedroom house with a bunch of people I don’t know that well. When it came to the bills part, this dude said we could go on the ‘fused’ subscription so we could do unlimited bills and it came up to £100 per month which is a lot. When I brought it up they all ganged up on me and agreed with each other. I’m so upset because they don’t care about me at all and they only care about themselves. I’m not interested to pay £100 per month, I already pay more as an international student but they’re so privileged. Is there any way out of this?

Hey @jojoti sorry to read this, it sounds tricky :frown: Bills are really expensive just now amidst this cost of living crisis so it can feel quite scary. Have you looked around to see if there are alternative options for your household? Maybe if you do some research and can present a cheaper option to them they'll realise you can all have a better deal. If you can't find a better deal then maybe that will re-assure you that you're on the best plan.

My other suggestion is to reach out to your Students Union to see if they've any advice. They'll maybe be able to help with looking for something that's more affordable for you, or give advice more generally on your living situation.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending