The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Musester
Just watched highlights of the Inter game. Is it just me who thinks Hazard looks like he's put on a little weight?

Agreed.
Apparently we helped Aldershot Town get out of administration. That's nice of the club...
Reply 4642
We helped, but I've seen plenty of other fans of clubs on other forums say that it was manipulative of us and a nasty thing to do. Strangely or not (a lot of those fans were Liverpool fans).
Really? Very odd of them tbh.
Reply 4644
Yup. Quite sad really.

Drogba still haunting Wenger :biggrin:
Haha yeah. I hope Lukaku can do the same :biggrin:
Did you see Drogba's dive today? Arguably the worst he's ever had.

Still couldn't handle him though, terrific player even at 35.
Original post by Zürich

just seen it , that was horrific.
Original post by Zürich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2byo9jDDVg Was out earlier on Holloway road and I saw loads of arsenal fans looking sad. You guys defiantly need Suarez but Giroud has been beast during pre season.
Reply 4649
tbf Marko Marin was on fire in pre-season the season before last.
Reply 4650
Museter...come back
Reply 4651
Drogba still makes me cry when he scores. Why did he leave us.
Seems like sneijders found his feet at gala too. Wouldn't want them in the group stages tbh.
Original post by jam277
Drogba still makes me cry when he scores. Why did he leave us.
Seems like sneijders found his feet at gala too. Wouldn't want them in the group stages tbh.

Think we will tbh. Then if we get past the group stages we'd probably face Napoli (if they made it past, and if they weren't in the group stages), or Madrid.
Reply 4653
Original post by The Assassin
Think we will tbh. Then if we get past the group stages we'd probably face Napoli (if they made it past, and if they weren't in the group stages), or Madrid.

Can we just get porto, ajax and some second rate team please? :redface:
Original post by jam277
Can we just get porto, ajax and some second rate team please? :redface:

Haha, any of those teams would be alright. Wouldn't even mind Shahktar because they've gotten weaker. Just not Bayern or anyone like that :redface:

We can't be that weak compared to Gala though. I think we'd do alright.
Reply 4655
Haha, any of those teams would be alright. Wouldn't even mind Shahktar because they've gotten weaker. Just not Bayern or anyone like that :redface:

We can't be that weak compared to Gala though. I think we'd do alright.

I reckon a win and a draw vs gala tbh. Shaktar did still dominate the league again. I don't know about their signings are they still raiding metalist btw?
Original post by jam277
I reckon a win and a draw vs gala tbh. Shaktar did still dominate the league again. I don't know about their signings are they still raiding metalist btw?

What they like to do is buy loads of promising youngsters from mainly South America -- the most being Brazil. Similar to Porto in that sense. Also, because their owner is rich as hell (much richer than Abramovich), as well as their stadium size, success over the years, etc. they're easily able to buy the good/promising players from the other teams in the league which weakens any competition and they have an advantage over their closest rivals to the league in getting those players.

And yes, Metalist haven't had a great record against them recently. And Shahktar were 14 points clear this season, I believe. It'll probably be lower this season since they've lost some key players (Fernandinho and Henrikh), and having their youngsters develop but I expect them to win it again. It'll be harder this time without Willian, Fernandinho and Henrikh in the CL too which is why it wouldn't be as hard to beat them.

Agree with the record vs Gala btw.

--

We're facing Milan tonight :biggrin:. Should be good. Then against Real Madrid if we win :sogood:
(edited 10 years ago)
So happy! Drogba has once again destroyed Arsenal and Assun Wenger is mad as always :smile:
Cech
Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Bertrand
Van Ginkel Essien
De Bruyne Oscar Hazard
Ba

vs milan

Any problems? Looks fine tbh.
Reply 4659
Cech
Azpilicueta Ivanovic Cahill Bertrand
Van Ginkel Essien
De Bruyne Oscar Hazard
Ba

vs milan

Any problems? Looks fine tbh.

Well it seems he is really gonna give some of these youngsters a chance to show what they are about and prove themselves against a formidable opponent. Should be interesting. I'm also interested to see how Ba does when actually starting this time

Latest