The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Original post by jam277
Suarez is a scumbag, our club is ridden with men that lack integrity, no need to get another player who just makes our club more hated, plus he physically assaulted one of our players which pretty much puts that out of the question. Would rather go for rooney, while he's been annoying he has right to be unhappy, he's not playing in his preferred position and was being benched for big games.

From the preseason friendlies I see our team set up as a hybrid, somewhat like bayern munich over real madrid, I think he'll learn his lessons from a counter attacking game as people used to sit deep against real and it became really hard to break the other team down. So I think it'll be a more balanced game especially considering our players seem to suit both styles.

What you will see is us playing on the counter when terry plays, due to our deeper line when he plays and us playing a possession game when luiz and cahill play due to their pace and ball playing ability... I can say one thing for sure and it's that we'll be pretty exciting to watch this season. Expect us to be dominating opposition for most games.

Just hoping we can get a good run going and avoid losing to united early on.

Do you still agree we don't need a striker?
Reply 4741
Original post by manty
Do you still agree we don't need a striker?

Yeah I do. We have 3. Torres and ba are decent backups and lukaku needs gametime. We can go for rooney if we want to but we have to get rid of torres or ba(probably ba)

Original post by The Assassin
Just unimaginable :coma:

Tbf Ibra is a **** too but I'd rather have him than Suarez.

Tbh ibra's no more of a **** than mourinho is. He's a guy who's confident in his skills and not afraid to show it off using words and actions on and off the pitch, I don't see anything wrong with that. What I think is wrong is complete unprofessionalism, like what suarez shows on and off the pitch.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4742
Original post by Malevolent
I think Rooney would be a super signing for you lot. Hell you may as well go for Suarez I think Liverpool would rather sell to you then Arsenal.
Not a good idea despite his quality, imagine if we actually bought him, all it would take would be a photo of him and JT laughing together and the Daily Mail would implode :tongue:
Reply 4743
Original post by jam277
Suarez [...] physically assaulted one of our players.

He could have been killed :colonhash:
Would Suarez not be a better fit than Rooney at Chelsea?

Would give RA more attractive football and he has a great work rate up top.

Obviously he bit a Chelsea player but could the club get around that? Or is it more of a case that Rooney could be a poster boy for the club and sell shirts but Suarez isn't going to be the most popular player to represent the club around the world?
Reply 4745
Original post by Zerforax

Obviously he bit a Chelsea player but could the club get around that? Or is it more of a case that Rooney could be a poster boy for the club and sell shirts but Suarez isn't going to be the most popular player to represent the club around the world?

Partly the reason, the guys not too popular round these parts. I would have taken him until that incident. He's another carlos tevez anyway who throws his toys out the pram when he wants to go.

For footballing reasons I would take suarez, but if he's going to get 8 match bans every season and disgrace the image of the club he's not worth it imo.
Original post by jam277
Partly the reason, the guys not too popular round these parts. I would have taken him until that incident. He's another carlos tevez anyway who throws his toys out the pram when he wants to go.

For footballing reasons I would take suarez, but if he's going to get 8 match bans every season and disgrace the image of the club he's not worth it imo.

I suppose between his image, the Ivanovic bite and the Torres failure, Chelsea will be very hesitant to buy him from Liverpool.

He probably would help you win the title though.
Has Mourinho been favouring any strikers pre season? Hoping Lukaku for Fantasy football reasons.
Reply 4748
Original post by So Instinct
Has Mourinho been favouring any strikers pre season? Hoping Lukaku for Fantasy football reasons.

Don't use ba. That's the only clue. I think that they'll get equal gametime. I'd say that torres has performed fairly well so far, I think by our madrid match we'll know.
Original post by jam277
Don't use ba. That's the only clue. I think that they'll get equal gametime. I'd say that torres has performed fairly well so far, I think by our madrid match we'll know.

Lol tbh before Fantasy football I nearly forgot about Ba. Peak.
Surely Mourinho isn't going to be backing Torres? If he starts over Lukaku I'd be disappointed- he offers so much more.
Reply 4750
Barcelona have made an official bid for David Luiz :frown:
Original post by 101101
Barcelona have made an official bid for David Luiz :frown:

It doesn't mean that it will be accepted, nor does it mean that the player will go.
Reply 4752
Original post by KingMessi
It doesn't mean that it will be accepted, nor does it mean that the player will go.

Well obviously, but it means he could leave.
Reply 4753
David luiz bid. :rofl: this happens every season. It's not happening.

Original post by KingMessi

So that's 3 seasons in a row they've wanted him. I'll just treat this as a non story again like the past two seasons.
Lets face it we don't have enough CB's of the required quality if we sell one. Selling him is stupid. We should ask for pique and montoya straight swap for luiz.
(edited 10 years ago)
No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.
Reply 4755
Original post by The Assassin
No offense to Luiz (he's awesome), but would they not go for someone who's a bit more, erm, 'reliable' in the defence? This guy is class at some points but at other points I cringe at what he does.

Maybe he'll do okay at Barca though -- it's possible his weak positioning won't be much of a problem there compared to here? Not that we should sell him anyways considering we needed to get a CB this year ffs.

Yeah, good points, don't care what anyone says luiz can be an absolute liability, and with mascherano being one and pique being a liability at times too they don't need another guy who's defensive errors costs 5-10 goals per season.

I like luiz though, and would rather get rid of a DM and put luiz in there or use him as CB for the big games(he seems to be riled up for the occassion for some reason)
Original post by jam277
David luiz bid. :rofl: this happens every season. It's not happening.

So that's 3 seasons in a row they've wanted him. I'll just treat this as a non story again like the past two seasons.
Lets face it we don't have enough CB's of the required quality if we sell one. Selling him is stupid. We should ask for pique and montoya straight swap for luiz.

Original post by jam277
Yeah, good points, don't care what anyone says luiz can be an absolute liability, and with mascherano being one and pique being a liability at times too they don't need another guy who's defensive errors costs 5-10 goals per season.

I like luiz though, and would rather get rid of a DM and put luiz in there or use him as CB for the big games(he seems to be riled up for the occassion for some reason)

My my thankfully I have learned from the Higuain transfer and Fabregas to know its not going to happen :rofl:

I shudder at the thought of Alba, Luiz, Pique and Alves all defending. There will be no damn defenders, Valdes will be in a permanent state of crapping his pants.

Hell hey **** defenders lets just play Keeper , Midfield section A and Midfield section B with Strikers. Defending is so overrated. :lol:
Reply 4757
Original post by Malevolent
My my thankfully I have learned from the Higuain transfer and Fabregas to know its not going to happen :rofl:

I shudder at the thought of Alba, Luiz, Pique and Alves all defending. There will be no damn defenders, Valdes will be in a permanent state of crapping his pants.

Hell hey **** defenders lets just play Keeper , Midfield section A and Midfield section B with Strikers. Defending is so overrated. :lol:

A 7-2-messi formation would work a charm tbh.
Original post by jam277

lol If we got rid of Mikel and put Luiz there then that'd be fine -- but right now I'd rather him get used to one role rather than switching every so often. He still isn't all that comfortable as a CB (despite all these years) nor as a DM so I want him to get used to one thing properly. Mourinho will know what to do though.

That'd probably be the DM situation resolved, I think, but then we'd need yet another CB lol.

I wonder, perhaps, if José will make him the next captain. Clearly shows heart/desire in his games and out of all our players he's got good leadership imo. Just needs a bit more discipline which José can surely help with considering some of our past players and players elsewhere. Dunno how long Terry will be captain for.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jam277
A 7-2-messi formation would work a charm tbh.

Maybe if we didn't have a cripple in goal...

Seriously the scouts at Barcelona are so bad defensively. Silva, Luiz who's the next unattainable target?

Latest