The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Cranborne House

Hi,

I have applied to study Media Production at Bournemouth Uni this coming September.
I have been looking at different accommodation and Cranborne House seems to appeal to me because it's being refurbished and the newest house on offer, but the website doesn't give any details of it at all.
Does anyone know anything about this accommodation? Or when the info will be released.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Your best bet is probably to call/email accommodation services or tweet BU

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
If you do email/tweet can you let us know the reply? Would be great.
Reply 3
I have emailed the askBU system :smile: when I get an answer I will post on here
I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and they didn't tell me a price, although they did say that it was an 8 million pounds refurbishment, which included new kitchens, bedroom etc... And also a new common room and converted the building to gas central heating (use to be electric)

For me Cranbourne house looks the best as it seems perfect that its newly refurbished, but I also like the double beds at Dorchester, and Lyme Regis seems nice and lively.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I agree, I would imagine Cranborne is gonna be a popular choice for most people as its the newest, its also in quite a convenient area similar to Chesil and Purbeck. So I'm hoping its as lively as Dorchester and Lyme Regis if most people want to go there!!:smile:
Reply 6
Me and a couple flatmates took a peek in @ Cranborne during the first couple weeks of refurbishments be warned the bedrooms look quite small! If I could choose all other again i'd go with Dorchester which is a bit more in terms of rent and stricter than Lyme and Purbeck (which i hear is closed next year) but in terms of size and being comfortable, I doubt theres much better student accommodation in the country than Dorchester, let alone Bournemouth...
I've applied for Cranbourne and paid my deposit and everything :smile: has anyone else done the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I know this was postedIiiii
I know this was posted ages ago but I've applied for Media Production too at Bournemouth uni! And I know a couple of people have too and we're all interested in cranborne house too. Don't you find it annoying that you can't apply for accommodation until you have an unconditional offer though?!
Reply 9
Oh cool :smile: i was torn between dorchester and cranborne but gonna go with cranborne i think because it seems to be nearer the other halls. Yeah its really annoying! Its a bit strange that they dont let you apply til then seeing as theyll have to sort everything out in a matter on a few weeks !
Reply 10
does anyone know the difference between the value and standard rooms?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Haydn0211
does anyone know the difference between the value and standard rooms?

The value rooms are smaller, I think that's the only major difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Just applied for Cranborne, does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out which accommodation you have got?
Reply 13
Original post by Mattrblue
Just applied for Cranborne, does anyone know how long it usually takes to find out which accommodation you have got?

I applied for Dorchester around 8am this morning, I got an offer at 10am. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Jullith
I applied for Dorchester around 8am this morning, I got an offer at 10am. :biggrin:

Wow, they sent you an email offer I assume?
Reply 15
Wow, they sent you an email offer I assume?

Yup. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Jullith
Yup. :smile:

Just received our offer for Cranborne! :smile:
Reply 17
Yay I just got my offer for cranborne house too, but does anyone know how long they will take to give us flat numbers and rooms?
Original post by slv
Yay I just got my offer for cranborne house too, but does anyone know how long they will take to give us flat numbers and rooms?

they told me that they will email us with our flat numbers and rooms
Just received our offer for Cranborne! :smile:

What time did you apply? I applied at around 12am and haven't heard anything back yet and I'm getting worried now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending