The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by GVLP
Me too! I don't quite understand how a member of grad rec would be so rude as to just flat out tell you not to apply!

Basically it was a case of my (unique but impressive) profile wouldn't have stood a chance against the Oxbridge mob, which is fair enough. Saved me an application.
Reply 1401
Original post by EvelyRose
Is anyone else here waiting for the results of the CRT for GLS? It says on the site results should be out by 8pm today. (Although I know the deadline to take it this morning hasn't passed yet!)
Good luck to everyone waiting to hear!

I'm also waiting... Good luck! It's the first time I've ever done one of those tests and I wasn't sure it went that well.
Original post by SwiftRyu
Just had mine and felt it went well in some parts and not so good in others.

[MOD EDIT - Disclosure of specific interview information/questions is against TSR rules]

Not confident about it, but its not in my hands now. Best of luck to you anyway!

Ah, thank you! I wasn't expecting the telephone interview to be so comprehensive. I'm sure you done well, best wishes for it!
(edited 10 years ago)
Gateley PFO
Macfarlanes PFO.

I really want to hear from Mishcon De Reya... anyone heard back? I'm not so sure I answered one question well, but a firm I'm genuinely interested in going forward.
Original post by sam5
I'm also waiting... Good luck! It's the first time I've ever done one of those tests and I wasn't sure it went that well.

It was my first time with that kind of test too. Wishing you all the best! I'll let you know when I hear anything from them.
Reply 1406
Original post by lawhopeful123
Hi

Has anyone heard from:

Pinsent Masons (Leeds)
SJ Berwin
Browne Jacobson ( after telephone interview)
Gordons
Ward Hadaway
Ford and Warren

Many thanks :smile:

Gordons gave out interviews around the end of August last year, Ward Hadaway took ages to PFO.
Reply 1407
Original post by AspiringLawyer1
PFO from Kirkland and Ellis :frown:

Sorry to hear that. :frown:. Still no response here. I'm guessing I have the same fate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1408
Has anyone heard from Clyde & Co?
Reply 1409
Original post by LM32

I would also like to know this. I know that they have gotten back to some of their vac schemers, but what about us training contract applicants?
Original post by LM32

Nope they've been Penningtons level silent. I'm almost definitely in line for a PFO from them as well.
Reply 1411
Original post by cranberryberry
Nope they've been Penningtons level silent. I'm almost definitely in line for a PFO from them as well.

I admire the fact that the the term "Penningtons level silent" has been coined. About time really...
Original post by LM32

They didn't PFO me until the beginning of October last year....
Olswang have just posted their retention rates - 54%. Worth noting that they took on trainees in only three departments: commercial, corporate and real estate.

Full details on Lawyer2B: http://l2b.thelawyer.com/solicitor/training-contract/olswangs-retention-plummets-to-54-per-cent/3008535.article
Original post by DownToTheRiver
Olswang have just posted their retention rates - 54%. Worth noting that they took on trainees in only three departments: commercial, corporate and real estate.

Full details on Lawyer2B: http://l2b.thelawyer.com/solicitor/training-contract/olswangs-retention-plummets-to-54-per-cent/3008535.article

Take comfort in the fact that it's better than Shoosmiths' 41%...shocking...
Has anyone had a eversheds face to face interview in Cardiff this week? I haven't heard back yet and know the AC is a week today so I am ridiculously impatient at the moment. This waiting game is awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1416
Hogan Lovells PFO.

Clyde & Co are my final application. Not looking too good tbh.:frown:
As I think people find them useful, I will attempt to start a surge of lists like yesterday with my, as yet, pretty useless one:

Ashurst - Not heard
Lewis Silkin - Not heard
Charles Russell (London )- Not heard
Penningtons (London ) - Not heard
Reply 1418
Made 14 applications, got an interview at Dentons and ACs at Linklaters, Mayer Brown and K&L Gates. Also done the Watson Glaser for Simmons & Simmons and waiting for a response from that.

Still waiting to hear from:

Skadden (expecting a PFO)
Clyde & Co
White & Case
Ince & Co
Clifford Chance
Bird & Bird (currently being partner reviewed apparently)
Slaughter & May
Squire Sanders
Farrer & Co

Anyone heard anything from any of those?
Original post by Dewsy
Made 14 applications, got an interview at Dentons and ACs at Linklaters, Mayer Brown and K&L Gates. Also done the Watson Glaser for Simmons & Simmons and waiting for a response from that.

Still waiting to hear from:

Skadden (expecting a PFO)
Clyde & Co
White & Case
Ince & Co
Clifford Chance
Bird & Bird (currently being partner reviewed apparently)
Slaughter & May
Squire Sanders
Farrer & Co

Anyone heard anything from any of those?

Clyde & Co are silent. When did you hear from K&L if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending