The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3580
Original post by techno836
no you can still do exams in june in year 12 :smile:

That's good. :biggrin:
Original post by elixirs
Ahhaha, it's okay 'lass':tongue:

Leave him alone. He's just come home from t'pub n 'ad 'is tea. Yorkshire puddings and greyvee(gravy). It's hard to but an accent in text:cool:
Reply 3582
I'm a guy :rofl: you're a lass :lol:

I didn't know the male 'lass' equivalent so I stuck it in for a joke anyway:tongue:

I like your avatar :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin: I like yours too! :tongue:

Original post by Red Fox
What's the point. There is no advantage to be gained in that.

I know! I'm going to a new school in September, and everyone does it then. I won't be able to resit anything the next year if I screw up those exams :frown:

Original post by zed963
Won't that be happening to everyone? Everyone does exams in June and it's linear?

Nope, not everyone. Most people do AS's in Year 12, and A2's in Year 13, not all exams at the end of second year :frown:

nope sorry ...but if you are :console: i'm sorry :frown:

I am :frown: It freaking sucks :frown:
Original post by elixirs
I didn't know the male 'lass' equivalent so I stuck it in for a joke anyway:tongue:

Lad?:tongue:

:dontknow:
Original post by zed963
Don't you use it for the bus student discount?

There's a bus student discount?!? I don't get the bus often, but I would if there was a discount!! At the moment it's cheaper to get a bristol day rider (£6) than a return to my local shopping centre, which is about 20 minutes away (£6.60). It's ridiculous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tess_rach
I call it tea too - but I'm definitely not a northerner! I'm near Bristol!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha :five:

Original post by zed963
That's good. :biggrin:

I know right ..i'd hate 18 exams all at end of year 13 :s-smilie: ..i'd cry and breakdown :lol:

Original post by Red Fox
Leave him alone. He's just come home from t'pub n 'ad 'is tea. Yorkshire puddings and greyvee(gravy). It's hard to but an accent in text:cool:

haha that is sooooo how we talk :biggrin: :biggrin: .... all of the o's in to's just cannot enter Yorkshire!! :colone:

Original post by elixirs

haha well its 'lad' actually but I hate that :s-smilie: it's alright just checking :wink:
Reply 3587
Original post by Red Fox

:teehee::teehee::teehee: Oh my god, I'm going to hell for laughing, but at least I won't be alone huh!
Reply 3588
Original post by zed963
Don't you use it for the bus student discount?

This doesn't exist everywhere, unfortunately.
Reply 3589
Original post by tess_rach
There's a bus student discount?!? I don't get the bus often, but I would if there was a discount!! At the moment it's cheaper to get a bristol day rider (£6) than a return to my local shopping centre, which is about 20 minutes away (£6.60). It's ridiculous!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That price sounds about right. But it is ridiculous.
i am sooo scared about my results, the A-level results reminded me of the dreaded day
Original post by overthelove

I know! I'm going to a new school in September, and everyone does it then. I won't be able to resit anything the next year if I screw up those exams :frown:

Nope, not everyone. Most people do AS's in Year 12, and A2's in Year 13, not all exams at the end of second year :frown:

its a direwolf from Game of Thrones :love: ..and yeah that definitely sucks :console: You might need a lot of luck/timetables ..harder you work luckier you get :wink:
Reply 3592
Original post by Cluck
This doesn't exist everywhere, unfortunately.

My sixth form don't provide us with any student ID. They recommend getting a NUS card which they believe can be used to get a bus discount seen as my sixth form is 10 miles away.
Reply 3593

haha well its 'lad' actually but I hate that :s-smilie: it's alright just checking :wink:

They say it here too! Which makes it all the more pitiful, northern wannabes:colone:
Reply 3594
Original post by elixirs
They say it here too! Which makes it all the more pitiful, northern wannabes:colone:

What about pal?
Original post by overthelove

Well if you've learnt all the AS content in Year 12 you can enter as a private candidate but it's costly.
Original post by elixirs

strange I always though lad and lass were more Scottish .... THEY MUST OF SPREAD :eek:
Reply 3597
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lad?:tongue:

:dontknow:

I suppose, but they say it here too!
Needs a copyright, after being stolen by southeners:colone:
Original post by L'Evil Fish

Moral. Don't get set on a grade until you get them :smile:

I agree :cry:
I thought I'd got my A* in Maths by a good 5-7 marks. In the end I was 3 marks off it.

Anyways, congratulations on your amazing A-Level results :party:. Don't beat yourself down on not getting what you wanted. You're most likely going to re-take anyway and your current results are ones that some A-Level students would kill for. + you've done them 3 years early- which means...
You're a genius :eek::colondollar::colone:
Reply 3599
strange I always though lad and lass were more Scottish .... THEY MUST OF SPREAD :eek:

Aahha 'spread' implying that it's like a disease:tongue:

The lad culture here is very... mhm... pitifully 'strong':facepalm:

Latest