The Student Room Group

Worth a remark in A level Chemistry?

Hi, I just only 13 ums away in from an A in A level Chemistry, which will give me A*AA. So I was wondering if it worth a remark for Chem 1 and Chem 4 to help increase UMS? For chem5 A was 71 and A* was 79 which was a difference of 8 raw marks, but ums difference of 12.
Reply 1
Original post by Corvus
Hi, I just only 13 ums away in from an A in A level Chemistry, which will give me A*AA. So I was wondering if it worth a remark for Chem 1 and Chem 4 to help increase UMS? For chem5 A was 71 and A* was 79 which was a difference of 8 raw marks, but ums difference of 12.

13UMS? Not worth it.
Original post by Corvus

13 UMS would be a long way for one module result to rise on a remark, so it's unlikely, especially with a science subject such as Chemistry. I'd suggest that retaking certain modules might be a way more likely to improve your overall result, if it's important.

Also, take a look at this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2312328
Reply 3
Original post by Data
13UMS? Not worth it.

Agree, remarks v rarely result in increases that high. Esp in science/maths based subjects
Reply 4
Thanks for the reply, I've applied for medicine and didn't get any offers. I feeling a nagging feeling that I should get it, but I think it not possible. Thanks for the honest advice. Most appreciated!
Reply 5
If you are prepared to spend the money and are confident you are enough above the grade below to not risk dropping to a C, then go for it. Its a long shot though.
Reply 6
Original post by Catsyj1980
If you are prepared to spend the money and are confident you are enough above the grade below to not risk dropping to a C, then go for it. Its a long shot though.

I got 467 and for a B is 420. It almost unlikely for me to drop 28 ums (as it is a sci and same might for going up). Thanks, the remark is free on my school.
Reply 7
Original post by Corvus
I got 467 and for a B is 420. It almost unlikely for me to drop 28 ums (as it is a sci and same might for going up). Thanks, the remark is free on my school.

Generous school! They must be paying it for you!
Reply 8
Original post by Catsyj1980
Generous school! They must be paying it for you!

Sorry that is what I meant. Poorly wording things :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest