Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton Halls 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Joshalos
I wanted the independence too but justified it by the fact that we still have to make lunch and cook all our weekend meals anyway. Being catered for in the week will be a godsend when we're tired and bogged down with work! Just hope I live with some nice, unique people! :tongue:

It seems we've been thinking along the same lines! :biggrin: Wit only 138 rooms in Woodland & Downland there's quite a probability that our paths will cross, might mean breaking some rules though my Mum always told me not to meet anyone I met on the internet
:laugh:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by GeorgeV
It seems we've been thinking along the same lines! :biggrin: Wit only 138 rooms in Woodland & Downland there's quite a probability that our paths will cross, might mean breaking some rules though my Mum always told me not to meet anyone I met on the internet
:laugh:

I best do my utmost to avoid you then! :tongue: I'll let you know where i've been allocated when I get it!
does anyone know anyone who put it as their insurance in previous years and managed to get halls after results day?? bit worried about finding accomodation as i live in London so would have to live out
Reply 23
Original post by needtosucceed=)
does anyone know anyone who put it as their insurance in previous years and managed to get halls after results day?? bit worried about finding accommodation as i live in London so would have to live out

You'd likely need to look in the private sector - there are plenty of options for this and the university are more than happy to help! Check out the website under the accommodation or look for the Brighton Accommodation page on facebook with other people in the same situation, looking for places to stay. It would be similar to living in halls with other people you don't know and will likely be cheaper than halls as well!

The University of Brighton students reps on here will also be happy to point you in the right direction!
You'd likely need to look in the private sector - there are plenty of options for this and the university are more than happy to help! Check out the website under the accommodation or look for the Brighton Accommodation page on facebook with other people in the same situation, looking for places to stay. It would be similar to living in halls with other people you don't know and will likely be cheaper than halls as well!

The University of Brighton students reps on here will also be happy to point you in the right direction!

We sure are :smile: Ask away ...
You can find our accommodation info online here, including links to the accommodation facebook page, which has details of house hunting meet ups and more http://bit.ly/1emWlRd

Original post by University of Brighton
We sure are :smile: Ask away ...
You can find our accommodation info online here, including links to the accommodation facebook page, which has details of house hunting meet ups and more http://bit.ly/1emWlRd

sorry for the late reply :colondollar:

ahh thanks for the info i'll check out the links :smile:
Reply 26
I best do my utmost to avoid you then! :tongue: I'll let you know where i've been allocated when I get it!

Awesome stuff, I'll make sure to do the same. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
I got an email earlier telling me that I was 'one of the 450 that couldn't be allocated accommodation' I haven't had my results yet and I feel like this means I haven't got in, I don't really know what to think of it, I really wanted to be in halls as i always thought of it as part of the experience and I'll be gutted not being in them, anyone else experience this? It's making me super stressed as results day is Thursday! Why do this to me ahah!
Reply 28
Original post by robynvictoria
I got an email earlier telling me that I was 'one of the 450 that couldn't be allocated accommodation' I haven't had my results yet and I feel like this means I haven't got in, I don't really know what to think of it, I really wanted to be in halls as i always thought of it as part of the experience and I'll be gutted not being in them, anyone else experience this? It's making me super stressed as results day is Thursday! Why do this to me ahah!

I got that same email, and I was really annoyed about for most of yesterday. I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to tell people two days before Results Day :s-smilie:
Original post by robynvictoria

Hi Robyn,

Unfortunately we have more demand than supply each year, so there will always be an unlucky group of students who won't be able to make it into halls. The reason they contacted you now, is to inform you that you were on a place on the list (after computer randomisation) that meant you wouldn't be able to get a halls place, even if some became available after results day.

The good news though is that Brighton, Eastbourne and Hastings have very active housing markets with plenty of choice if you get in early. The Accommodation Office will let you know about any house hunting meet ups they organise to help students find housing in good time, but I would start seriously considering your options once your offer has been confirmed through UCAS.

I worked in the Accommodation Office for two years, so anything I can help you with, do let me know; however, they have extra staff each summer to help with house hunting, students through clearing, and those who perhaps want to change their mind last minute. We always find people somewhere to live, so please don't worry.

- Olly
Reply 30
Just got a phone call telling me I hadn't been allocated halls. I'm not totally upset because I have friends who lived in a house for their first year and had a good time, but it's still sad to miss out on a important uni experience.

If anyone gets a call today from a unknown number, answer it!
Reply 31
I just got a call too, and I haven't been allocated a place in halls either! Time to start searching for a house I guess!
Reply 32
I'm in the same situation and a bit gutted but determined to find a decent alternative! What's the best way to find flat mates?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
I really need to find flatmates somewhere, can anyone point me in the right direction? Brighton was my insurance and I would really have liked the Halls experience, but I'm pretty sure I can't do that anymore even though I live a three hour drive away!
Original post by Shadihames
I really need to find flatmates somewhere, can anyone point me in the right direction? Brighton was my insurance and I would really have liked the Halls experience, but I'm pretty sure I can't do that anymore even though I live a three hour drive away!

I can confirm that unfortunately there won't be any halls of residence places available. Demand outstrips supply. However, the Accommodation Office will help you find private sector housing, if you like.

Get in touch with them and they'll send you all sorts of useful links and things to read through: http://bit.ly/1d2zjBm

There are a number of house hunting events over the next few weeks too. If you can make it down, these are a great way of helping out large amounts of students and also getting everyone who is looking in touch with each other. The next one will be on 23rd August.
Reply 35
I have got into great Wilkins halls on the falmer campus?

Is it any good? Anyone living their too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Original post by GeorgeV
Awesome stuff, I'll make sure to do the same. :smile:

Been allocated Downland Lodge Flat 8!
Reply 37
Been allocated Downland Lodge Flat 8!

Downland Lodge Flat 4 for me. :smile:
Reply 38
I didn't get allocated halls either, however I live 3 and half hours away from Brighton currently.. but do intend on coming up next month.

Am I still able to find housing without visiting asap - sounds slightly dodgy, but with work and getting up there, it's going to be very difficult.

Thanks!
Reply 39
I haven't heard anything from halls yet, not telling me I have nor haven't got halls. Should I be worried? A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending