The Student Room Group

Can you stay in student accomodation over Christmas at Uni of Brighton?

Hi, so, I'm trying to decide between unis right now, one of them being Brighton, and one thing I really want to know is whether I can stay in halls over Christmas. I have a really toxic family, and they are so much worse over the holidays, so I'd prefer not to go back for Christmas if possible, but I'd obviously have to stay somewhere.
Reply 1
We're you able to stay over Christmas period. I am looking to do the same
Original post by GamerDE
We're you able to stay over Christmas period. I am looking to do the same

Hi there,
I'd recommend contacting the university accommodation team to confirm. When applying, it should state within the contract whether you would be expected to move out at any point in your tenancy. In most cases, once you have moved in, you shouldn't have to move out until the end of your tenancy. For example, at Student Roost, we offer various tenancy lengths, 24/7 reception staff and residents are welcome to stay over the festive break.

Hope this helps.

-Nicky
Original post by imalwaysconfused
Hi, so, I'm trying to decide between unis right now, one of them being Brighton, and one thing I really want to know is whether I can stay in halls over Christmas. I have a really toxic family, and they are so much worse over the holidays, so I'd prefer not to go back for Christmas if possible, but I'd obviously have to stay somewhere.

Check the accommodation pages. If the contract is a 41 week contract then it is from September to June and this includes Christmas. This is normal contract for most university accommodation. A few universities also offer shorter contracts for some halls which dont include Christmas and Easter. They tend to be catered accommodation.
Here is an example of a shorter 32 week contract for catered accommodation at Exeter which excludes Christmas and Easter.

Our catered residences are all on-campus and are available on a 32 week contract. This means that you will not be permitted to stay in your room during the Christmas and Easter holidays. However, we can arrange alternative accommodation for you during these times.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending