The Student Room Group

Foundation Year at RG or Average Uni?

Hey!
I’ve currently firmed Brighton Uni for psychology, but I’m wondering whether or not I should instead for a foundation year at a better uni ( UEA, Bath or Durham). I have the grades to get in but I can’t do direct entry because I didn’t take maths so foundation’s my only option. UEA has offered me an International year one so it’d be the same amount of time as going straight in. But I don’t want to spend time, and money, on a kinda useless boring year :/
Reply 1
Bath doesnt offer any Year 0 Foundation years.

PS. You'll be fine at Brighton - its a great place to study - and you can avoid the extra expense of a Foundation year.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Bath doesnt offer any Year 0 Foundation years.

PS. You'll be fine at Brighton - its a great place to study - and you can avoid the extra expense of a Foundation year.

I think bath does for international students but I could be mistaken. Thanks for your input anyhow!! I don’t know why I’ve been overthinking this lately, hopefully it’ll blow over soon tho !
Do you think the international year 1 at UEA is avoidable as well? My only concern with that option is I want a “regular” year in terms of social life, making friends etc. I’m not sure if doing the program will be bar me from that by being in a seperate building and halls etc ( probably should ask tho lol)
Reply 3
Original post by dhuvas
I think bath does for international students but I could be mistaken.

Bath International Foundation Year is run at the local Bath College - ie. not on campus - https://www.bath.ac.uk/courses/foundation-2023/university-of-bath-international-foundation-year/university-of-bath-international-foundation-year-course-licensed-to-bath-college/ You apply for this direct, not through UCAS, and the closing date is 11 August.
Hi I currently study at Brighton. Its a 'students city' great fun, lively, and unique. tbh i cannot imagine being anywhere else! Choosing a uni is not always on how prestigious the uni is... location is also important I always wanted to study somewhere different i suppose not just your typical 'city' life. You have to go somewhere that will make you happy and Brighton certainly does that for me. Brighton is also very popular for psychology I have many friends who study it.

Imo foundation years are not worth it, unless you can help it. you will end up in more debt for a degree you could have completed a year in advance. At the end of the day a degree is a degree.
It's psychology, Brighton is fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending