The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4400
Original post by zed963
yep

how did you find it? It wasnt as hard as i thought it would be
Original post by Darnell LD97
I wish i did the FSMQ, GCSE maths was not a good enough challenge plus the FSMQ would have been a better bridge towards A level Maths.

It is a great bridge, I feel confident for A-Level Maths. It has a mix of topics from different A-Level modules.
Original post by pinkgorilla
Thats good. The history teachers were like if you get a C or above thats perfect. So a B was brilliant to her. Disadvantages of attending a low performing state school :/

Yeah but with my case it was the TWO history teachers were both setting the paper and were chief examiners and decide grade boundaries so he obviously wanted to make himself look good I felt like, but it put ALOT of pressure on us.
Another thing would be my schools ranked 1st in the county and 9th in the country so wanted to make themselves look good:/ regardless of us having ALOT of pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EvasiveRose
Thnaks for the replies everyone. I'm looking to do A-Level Maths, so do you think doing this qualification would be worthwhile doing?

If you have the chance of doing it, I'd definitely take it up. It's not the end of the world if you don't do it though, I didn't and I coped just fine with A-Level maths. :smile:
Original post by EvasiveRose
Thnaks for the replies everyone. I'm looking to do A-Level Maths, so do you think doing this qualification would be worthwhile doing?

Original post by Darnell LD97
I wish i did the FSMQ, GCSE maths was not a good enough challenge plus the FSMQ would have been a better bridge towards A level Maths.

it's definitely worth doing, but I'm not sure as I never took it :frown: instead I sat in AS class all year 11 and learnt some A level content aswell as doing GCSE stats :smile: sorry :smile:
Reply 4405
Original post by zerock
how did you find it? It wasnt as hard as i thought it would be

I found the map stuff extremely hard, the map was in welsh so that didn't make it any easier.

The theory stuff was okay.
Original post by Basket case
Yeah but with my case it was the TWO history teachers were both setting the paper and were chief examiners and decide grade boundaries so he obviously wanted to make himself look good I felt like, but it put ALOT of pressure on us.
Another thing would be my schools ranked 1st in the county and 9th in the country so wanted to make themselves look good:/ regardless of us having ALOT of pressure

Posted from TSR Mobile

May I Ask what exam board you guys did History with?
Reply 4407
Anyone do edexcel science ?
Original post by snikutsmullac
May I Ask what exam board you guys did History with?

WJEC

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963
Anyone do edexcel science ?

Yep, did you do Triple? I did.

Sounds like you have a lot more work than AQA
Sounds like you have a lot more work than AQA

Is it how much work did you have?
We had 3 exams worth 25% each
And we had I think 4 coursework pieces though :frown: (2 together in year 10 and 2 together in year 11)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4412
Yep, did you do Triple? I did.

Yep.

How did you find C3,B3 and P3?

What did you get in your previous modules? If you don't mind me asking .
Is it how much work did you have?
We had 3 exams worth 25% each
And we had I think 4 coursework pieces though :frown: (2 together in year 10 and 2 together in year 11)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Two exams, one coursework... all of which were easy.

With the coursework you could bring in any notes you wanted, I basically wrote my entire essay out in bullet point form and got full marks.
Two exams, one coursework... all of which were easy.

With the coursework you could bring in any notes you wanted, I basically wrote my entire essay out in bullet point form and got full marks.

What were your exams on?;O?!
We were allowed to bring in notes as well for our assessment Aslong as they were NOT typed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963
Yep.

How did you find C3,B3 and P3?

What did you get in your previous modules? If you don't mind me asking .

C1 - A*
C2 - A*

B1 - A*
B2 - A (2 UMS off A*)

P1 - A
P2 - A*

Assuming you did the Higher Papers on all three, B3 I found brilliant, had no problems with it at all, C3 I found the questions easy but struggled for time because there were quite a few long ones, Physics was okay but that's my weakest science... you?
What were your exams on?;O?!
We were allowed to bring in notes as well for our assessment Aslong as they were NOT typed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unit 1 - Medicine Through Time - worth 35%
Unit 2 - Nazi Germany 1919-1945 - worth 40%
Reply 4417
C1 - A*
C2 - A*

B1 - A*
B2 - A (2 UMS off A*)

P1 - A
P2 - A*

Assuming you did the Higher Papers on all three, B3 I found brilliant, had no problems with it at all, C3 I found the questions easy but struggled for time because there were quite a few long ones, Physics was okay but that's my weakest science... you?

C1 70
C2 77

B1 75
B2 74

P1 69
P2 76

B3 was good, far easier that I expected it to be. C3 was definitely the one that most people complained about but I found it okay. It was the only paper out of the 3 that challenged me the most. It truly tested understanding. P3 was fine, didn't like some questions and some of the proving questions were too easy.

Overall I should be set for 3A*s if the CAU marks don't change to much.
C1 - A*
C2 - A*

B1 - A*
B2 - A (2 UMS off A*)

P1 - A
P2 - A*

I agree with that^ although I didn't struggle for time too much :smile: I got similar to you

B1 A* (100)
B2 A (89)

C1 A* (96)
C2 A (88)

P1 B (79)
P2 A (81) how they happened I have no idea though :eek:
Original post by zed963
C1 70
C2 77

B1 75
B2 74

P1 69
P2 76

B3 was good, far easier that I expected it to be. C3 was definitely the one that most people complained about but I found it okay. It was the only paper out of the 3 that challenged me the most. It truly tested understanding. P3 was fine, didn't like some questions and some of the proving questions were too easy.

Overall I should be set for 3A*s if the CAU marks don't change to much.

Fingers crossed for us both, I doubt I'll get an A* in Physics but probably will in the other two. The grade boundaries will probably be set quite low for the last few exams, as we were the first group taking them and most people found them difficult!

Latest