The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Porto will be a bitch to negotiate with but maybe you can do a double deal. Him and Mangela :tongue:

Would only cost like 60 million... :ahee:

I have put 30 pounds on you guys to win the league so do not fail me. :laugh:

I was thinking exactly that haha. However we were after Mangala before, but then Porto wanted an absurd amount of around 40m! But I would certainly love to have him. We were also interested in another good french (and young) CB named Zouma but that rumour seemed to go away... If we could get a good CB + striker then we'd have a good chance of winning

Don't suppose Barca have had any luck in getting CBs either? :tongue:
Original post by The Assassin
I was thinking exactly that haha. However we were after Mangala before, but then Porto wanted an absurd amount of around 40m! But I would certainly love to have him. We were also interested in another good french (and young) CB named Zouma but that rumour seemed to go away... If we could get a good CB + striker then we'd have a good chance of winning

Don't suppose Barca have had any luck in getting CBs either? :tongue:

Mhmmm was 45 million pounds if I remember correctly... I've wanted Zouma and N'koulu for Barcelona but alas our hunt for a transfer is going the same way Manchester United's hunt for a CB is and Arsenals hunt for world class players :laugh:

Already think you've got the best chance but a Striker and CB would really reinforce that idea.
Reply 5222
Not long left now, then begins the heartache, the late nights, the twists and turns that is the football season. I'm sure my blood pressure rises during the season and calms for a couple months :lol:

Safe to say predictions can start, going for a nice and easy 2-0 Chelsea with Hazard and De Bruyne to score.
Chelsea 5 - 0 Hull City Tigers.
Reply 5224
mouuuuuuuuu
It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been away too long....too long.
One word: Arsenal
Arsenal really flopped; I watched the second half and they were unlucky but they missed quite a few clear cut chances.
Don't think they should start worrying yet though.
Sagna fell really awkwardly (On his neck with his head bent toward his body), made me cringe every time they replayed it.
Original post by Kelani
Arsenal really flopped; I watched the second half and they were unlucky but they missed quite a few clear cut chances.
Don't think they should start worrying yet though.
Sagna fell really awkwardly (On his neck with his head bent toward his body), made me cringe every time they replayed it.

We haven't kicked a ball and we're already ahead of them in the league. No wonder they haven't won a trophy in years
Original post by 9MmBulletz
One word: Arsenal

They've all exploded in their thread, chaos :lol:

They had a good finish las season, no need to worry.
Man United still looking like a formidable force even at the Liberty. Gonna be good to see how well we do at Old Trafford.
And damn, the teams' going to be quite tired for the Bayern Game, I think. Hope they'll be okay.
Reply 5232
Is it bad that I want Mourinho to have Torres break RVP's leg with a stray tackle and earn himself a red card?

Utd without RVP would be :coma:
I don't see why people were dismissing united before the season, they have the same players, if they play well, they will be a threat and i expect them to be somewhere at the top at the end of the season along with us of course :colone:
Arsenal. Arsenal. Arsenal.

Oh dear. not much more needs to be said really.
Reply 5235
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8876825/transfer-news-fernandinho-reveals-chelsea-and-tottenham-were-interested

Wow, what do you guys think? We were in talks to sign Fernandinho apparently. Good signing?
Fernandinho would've been quite a good signing for us and would have suited our play well. He totally bossed the midfield (along with Henrikh) when we played Shahktar. But not at 34m -- 20m would've been ideal or maybe a few mil more.

Anyways, buzzing for today. Hopefully it shall be great...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5237
So excited for today, cannot wait for the game!

Prediction: 3-0 to the blues.
Can't wait for the return of the special one later. I love Steve Bruce.
Reply 5239
Team v Hull: Cech; Ivan, Cahill, JT (c), Cole; Ram, Lamps; De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard; Torres

It seems Jose prefers Oscar in the number 10 role compared to Mata. Hope to see Van Ginkel and Lukaku.
Hope we get a GD of more than 3, start at the top and stay there :biggrin:

Edit: NVM Mata has not been fully fit
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest