The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Chamberlain Award

Hello, have any of you received any news about a Chamberlain Award?
My friend has a letter on his correspondence tab on his Student Finance application dated the 9th of August about receiving a Chamberlain Award, and I'm wondering if anyone else has received this notification because I am eligible for the award but haven't heard anything and I'm starting to get worried.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 1
I received a letter today which notified me that I will be receiving the award.

To be precise, I received two letters, one telling me that I am receiving a £1,500 cash payment (2x £750 payments) and another letter telling me that I will receive a fee reduction (£2,000).

Perhaps you will receive a letter tomorrow or something. Just remember that (as far as I'm aware) the amount of people to receive this award is limited, so while you may be eligible for it, you may not receive it.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Is this something you can apply for each year, or is it done with the UCAS application? My family's income is going down sometime next year, so I should be able to get it then, but it's still a bit too high at the moment
Reply 3
Original post by Grauniad
Is this something you can apply for each year, or is it done with the UCAS application? My family's income is going down sometime next year, so I should be able to get it then, but it's still a bit too high at the moment

You don't apply for it because you have to give permission to share your household income details with the uni during the ucas application. I was eligible for it but still haven't heard back from them, so I might call them tomorrow.
Original post by vdoto
You don't apply for it because you have to give permission to share your household income details with the uni during the ucas application. I was eligible for it but still haven't heard back from them, so I might call them tomorrow.

Okay, thanks. My parents share their details (it's just they're too high (their income, not their drug addledness) at the moment) so I should be on the system when Student Finance is done again next year.
Cheers
Reply 5
Looking at it today it seems I have received the Chamberlain Award on the 16/08/2013 however it has only showed up on student finance today (19/08/2013).
Reply 6
Original post by GeorgeGee
I received a letter today which notified me that I will be receiving the award.

To be precise, I received two letters, one telling me that I am receiving a £1,500 cash payment (2x £750 payments) and another letter telling me that I will receive a fee reduction (£2,000).

Perhaps you will receive a letter tomorrow or something. Just remember that (as far as I'm aware) the amount of people to receive this award is limited, so while you may be eligible for it, you may not receive it.

What does the £2000 reduction mean? As in they give you £2000 or just take £7000 from your student loan?
I've applied for maximum student loan of £9000 and have received a letter about the reduction fee, but not too sure what it exactly means?;L

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending