The Student Room Group

Eton Advice

Hello,

I've been thinking about applying to Eton for the Orwell Award (I'm in Y10 now, and qualify for it). Is Eton as a school worth going to? What chance do I have of winning the award? I will likely apply regardless given the excellent facilities at Eton, but what sort of thing do they look for?
Orwell award is used by Eton to justify their charitable status, and thus the main criterion for being given the ward is being disadvantaged. Of course, once you get through that, you have to be exceptionally smart in the classroom, but also have many talents besides academic prowess. But it is unlikely you will get the award if you are middle class, and more likely if you come from a poor area.
Reply 2
Yeah the award is for the disadvantaged but you should 100% apply! There will be about 200-300 applicants and 12 awards
Original post by Silent Speaker
Hello,

I've been thinking about applying to Eton for the Orwell Award (I'm in Y10 now, and qualify for it). Is Eton as a school worth going to? What chance do I have of winning the award? I will likely apply regardless given the excellent facilities at Eton, but what sort of thing do they look for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending