The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Queen Mary Freshers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi guys I'm studying Psychology, but gonna be a commuter! At least for the first year anyway. Couldn't leave London just love the city life too much ahaha
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 81
So many people doing CS here haha, I'll get to meet you guys in the lectures if I don't see you in freshers anyway :smile:

Original post by Jessicabrady
We're all in the same position we should all meet up for a drink and get know each other!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean before freshers right? Because I was thinking we should do that, just to get a kick start :tongue: Would help ease everyone's nerves too

Original post by commanderb
Are you allowed to drink alcohol on campus? Or has sharia law banned it?

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 82
come on! Any engineers!
hey guys :smile: im going into yr 13 next year and doing got AAB in my AS results, how much chance do i have to get into queen mary? (1 mark off an A for my B!)

(my heart is really set on getting into to there :O) i wud realli like some answers. and also what is the situation on guys and gals, i mean is the cs department in QMUL really male dominated? I'm an asian pakistani muslim aswell so my mum did have some concerns.

thnxx in advance! <3
Reply 84
Original post by Hijaabii <3
hey guys :smile: im going into yr 13 next year and doing got AAB in my AS results, how much chance do i have to get into queen mary? (1 mark off an A for my B!)

(my heart is really set on getting into to there :O) i wud realli like some answers. and also what is the situation on guys and gals, i mean is the cs department in QMUL really male dominated? I'm an asian pakistani muslim aswell so my mum did have some concerns.

thnxx in advance! <3

If your wanting to do computer science then you have a very good chance of getting in, entry requirements at QM for CS are actually surprising low.

Also tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if most cs departments are male dominated. Theres quite a few girls on this forum that are doing cs in QM though. If I had to guess I'd assume the ratio will be like 5:3? I can ask my friend what the ratio in his class was like if you want?
yesss pleeez!

(i actually get along more with guys anyway, some girls really are a pain) 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
hmmm...they really that low? i am gonna apply at kings and ucl but i like queen mary better (weird even though kings and ucl are better unis overall!) i thought since its gettin more populer it can afford to be more picky..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tantan2803
Hi guys I'm studying Psychology, but gonna be a commuter! At least for the first year anyway. Couldn't leave London just love the city life too much ahaha

Yay! Another commuter! :biggrin: Where do you live? :smile:
Reply 88
Original post by angelgirlabz
Yay! Another commuter! :biggrin: Where do you live? :smile:

Ahah yeah I love the busyness of London so decided I wanted to stay for university instead of moving away. I live South of the River in South London :smile: What about you? And whatcha studying? :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by thelion0
come on! Any engineers!

Hey....I'm doing medical engineering !!!
Original post by Hijaabii <3

thnxx in advance! <3

Hey :smile: You should be fine: My offer was AAB and I got ABB (both B's were 1 mark of an A) and I still got in for Maths :smile: Also I'm an Asian Pakistani Muslim aswell, but the uni is really diverse so don't worry! Maths seems to be pretty male dominated, but it's not really a problem. It just depends on who applies for the year, and at the end of the day, your just taking the same subject, you can always meet some nice gal friends outside of lessons :smile:
Reply 91
Original post by thelion0
come on! Any engineers!

Hey man! Im in for aero! If I can get my stupid ATAS already -.-

But anyway I'd love to meet everyone up before uni starts, these freshers parties don't really scream the best environment for getting to know people.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tantan2803
Ahah yeah I love the busyness of London so decided I wanted to stay for university instead of moving away. I live South of the River in South London :smile: What about you? And whatcha studying? :biggrin:

I live outside of London (Surrey), but the commute is pretty straight foreward. I actually got offered France house, but I decided to save for my first year since I'm interested in studying abroad :biggrin: I'm studying maths, you? :smile:
Reply 93
I live outside of London (Surrey), but the commute is pretty straight foreward. I actually got offered France house, but I decided to save for my first year since I'm interested in studying abroad :biggrin: I'm studying maths, you? :smile:

I live in Surrey too! :smile: It's probably about an hour commute for me, but I did accept accommodation. I live near Guildford. Roughly how long is your commute?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlutoMars
Hello every1 :wink: Studying Maths here! Super exciteddd :biggrin:

Hey :smile: Me too! Have you got accommodation? :smile:
Original post by YoungJosh
I live in Surrey too! :smile: It's probably about an hour commute for me, but I did accept accommodation. I live near Guildford. Roughly how long is your commute?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines roughly the same since I live in Redhill, but I dawdle a lot and get distracted by the pretty shops :rolleyes:

What subject are you studying? :smile:
Hey :smile: You should be fine: My offer was AAB and I got ABB (both B's were 1 mark of an A) and I still got in for Maths :smile: Also I'm an Asian Pakistani Muslim aswell, but the uni is really diverse so don't worry! Maths seems to be pretty male dominated, but it's not really a problem. It just depends on who applies for the year, and at the end of the day, your just taking the same subject, you can always meet some nice gal friends outside of lessons :smile:

awwww thnx! :biggrin: cant wait for the open day to see how it is there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by samen
Hey man! Im in for aero! If I can get my stupid ATAS already -.-

But anyway I'd love to meet everyone up before uni starts, these freshers parties don't really scream the best environment for getting to know people.

same, what's ATAS
Reply 98
Original post by dhaniya
Hey....I'm doing medical engineering !!!

ooo i'm doing mechanical
Reply 99

Oh wow, is it going to be a straight train journey for you then? At least the journey will give you time to do a bit of outside prep for lectures. And you're a very brave girl. Maths was the bane of my life for the last two years :mad: I'm gonna be studying Psychology, although we will doing some statistics as part of one of the modules (but long gone are the days of differentiation and integration for me!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending