The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Infinity_4652
How far is the college from your house?
I'm guessing you will be taking a bus to get there everyday??

Well my sixth form is 25 mins by bus.
But I prefer to take a walk through the park to go school everyday instead of taking the bus - walking is 35 mins.
I try to avoid the annoying kids (from the younger years in my school) on the bus as much as possible because they are always pushing and shoving.
They are extremely irritating and it's definitely not the best bus journey ever.
So yh, I've kind of boycotted the bus service on weekdays.

To go college, I will have to take 2 buses - 1 hour long.
I will have some trouble getting on the 1st bus because it's normally overcrowded with students who go to another college close by.

Tbh, I do find it annoying but I'm used to overcrowded buses.
After all, this is london!

College is double the journey 11miles. But that's the driving route. To get to college:
Car 10m OR bus 10m+15m OR cycle 30m
Train 10m
Walk 5m

Well walking doesn't seem to be too far :smile: yeah the kids are really annoying. Luckily we'll no longer have to deal with them at school!

I guess it won't be too fun to get the bus with all the other college people. Why did you go to that college?

Yeah, whereas I'm not sure to busy busses! If I lived in the town I would but luckily as I live in a villiage hardly anyone wants to take the bus along the scenic route! Today I took the bus from town to home and there was literally 4 people on in for the whole time I was there!
Reply 1061
Original post by Molly_xox
Yeah, Pearl Harbour is sad too :frown:

OMG IT'S MY FAVOURITE FILM :biggrin: :biggrin: :woo:
I still haven't got clothes for 6th form...
Reply 1063
Original post by Bluffroom

I need another shirt and trousers and that should be it for me :biggrin: (and bag if that counts )
(edited 10 years ago)

:lol: we don't have a dress code...

But I need to dress nicely every day :cry2: that's my new worry...
Reply 1065
Original post by L'Evil Fish

haha the common no dress code problem :lol: the only reason i'm glad for uniform/business ware :lol: (although I regret it when its really hot or really cold :frown: )
Honestly, if you guys can wear whatever you want to, and want some ladies, go for a suit :tongue:
Got two set of suits already :woo:
Just need to buy some shirts, four whites and a pink pastel one should do it.

And it looks like you guys have quite a lot of commuting to do to get to school :3
I'm switching to another boarding house, which is 6th form only boys and girls. It's off campus and located within town so it's a 2-3 minute walk to school :3
Original post by techno836
haha the common no dress code problem :lol: the only reason i'm glad for uniform/business ware :lol: (although I regret it when its really hot or really cold :frown: )

Only an idiot would wear a suit to sixth form :mmm:

Ha, yeah... I'll be fine eventually. After a few weeks I'll stop bothering!
Original post by techno836
I need another shirt and trousers and that should be it for me :biggrin: (and bag if that counts )

I need everything, and I won't get a new bag until after I get my laptop as the one I want is over £100 :facepalm2:

Meh, I don't see the problem with a dress code, it means people learn to dress smart sooner.

That's one problem with no uniform, choosing what to wear. I wouldn't mind not having a uniform in normal school but I like the idea of formal at 6th form.
Reply 1069

Haha posted straight after Bude :rofl: ..

I have no choice :frown: :facepalm:

don't you all just go to school in sheep onsies, as tributes to your former lovers? :mmm:
I need everything, and I won't get a new bag until after I get my laptop as the one I want is over £100 :facepalm2:

Meh, I don't see the problem with a dress code, it means people learn to dress smart sooner.

That's one problem with no uniform, choosing what to wear. I wouldn't mind not having a uniform in normal school but I like the idea of formal at 6th form.

Why formal? I hate dressing formal, give me some slim trousers/jeans and a top/shirt and cardigan and I'm sorted :tongue:

Although I detest tracksuits...
Why formal? I hate dressing formal, give me some slim trousers/jeans and a top/shirt and cardigan and I'm sorted :tongue:

Although I detest tracksuits...

Because you can look rather awesome wearing formal - like when I say formal I don't mean like going to ****ing court formal I mean like just shirt and tie. It's really not that strict. A lot of people look really really good in their stuff they wear.
Original post by Molly_xox
Yeah, Pearl Harbour is sad too :frown:

Its the realistic films that sadden us the most like Forrest Gump and Pearl Harbor.

The only emotional science film I know is Armageddon:colondollar::colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1074
Ah, but with no dress code you are still completely able to dress formally and look awesome should you wish, but without any stress if you're running late or just can't be bothered one day etc. Best of both worlds! :tongue:

Because you can look rather awesome wearing formal - like when I say formal I don't mean like going to ****ing court formal I mean like just shirt and tie. It's really not that strict. A lot of people look really really good in their stuff they wear.

Why? That's just stupid. Formal wear is for formal occasions.
Original post by Bude8

:wtf: :mmm:
Original post by SophF_rth
Were there any U2 songs at all? :redface:

haha there was one
Original post by harrybithell196
Hahah, the days when people would record over your videos and cassettes. I have to say it has happened to me too!

:unimpressed::tongue:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Nothing wrong with a bit of old Madge :wink:

haha no but I was surprised more than anything! :lol:
Reply 1078

Haha well good luck and I'd hurry :L... I need a new laptop -_-

From day two onwards im going into school in my pyjamas :cool:

Latest