The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5760
Original post by Benathletics
Thanks! I'm so worried about the triple science exams now

ocr 21st? me too man good luck
1 day 9 hours 26 minutes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay so I'm getting my GCSE results this week and I have a dilemma. I'm really worried and nervous etc.. So I don't want to open it in front of anyone BUT my parents and brother will be waiting in the car park (as I live quite a distance away from my school). What do I do???

By the way GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :smile:
Is it me or is it that the grade boundaries have all gone up 1 mark exactly for all my edexcel exams which I took in june, from last year?:confused:
when aqa boundaries are released i will be D-E-A-D.
Reply 5765
Original post by meganvjones96
Okay so I'm getting my GCSE results this week and I have a dilemma. I'm really worried and nervous etc.. So I don't want to open it in front of anyone BUT my parents and brother will be waiting in the car park (as I live quite a distance away from my school). What do I do???

o that's quite nerve racking, hope you can make them happy :biggrin:
Indeed! Best of luck to you - I hope you do well!
Does anyone know what time the grade boundaries for the edexcel exam board come out? And if so where on their website would I be able to see them? :confused:
Original post by Dalek1099
9 people including me took Further Maths I think-the class studied for it in one of the left over English lessons because I had finished the Language and Literature GCSEs with A*s in both a year early, which is good considering only 3.4% got A*s in English Language in the year I sat it and I was in Year 10.

The class was nearly not able to do it because the further maths teacher had Citizenship on his timetable but we were able to convince the head teacher to allow us to take it, which probably only happened because he was a teacher of Maths I think and his son did the qualification so we were lucky to get to take the qualification.

I thought both papers were pretty easy, a lot of questions on Paper 2 required you to think a lot and weren't similar to textbook questions.After going through both papers with my teacher, it looks like I have only dropped 1 mark because I didn't simplify the powers inside a root question but I might have not remembered my answers right and it is also quite likely that they will mark me down for my written explanations to some questions.

I have definetley got an A^ baring a miracle but the papers were a lot easier to June 12 and January 13, which both had questions that pretty much caught me out( it took me 2 hours to do one question:biggrin:) so Grade Boundaries could rise quite a bit.Here is the thread for it:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2380331.

Congrats on the A*'s in Eng Lit/Lang :smile: Yeah, I found paper 1 straight forward enough, but, as i remember, there were two questions on paper two that i found quite challenging. I'm looking forward to the f.maths result more than any other! But it's good as i have no pressure put on me from anyone else - I taught myself the course, so I will be pleased with any result (though the A^ would be nice). Thanks for the link to the thread. :biggrin: Good luck!!
Original post by Bethany96
The business grade boundaries are sooo low!!! I'm feeling a little relieved haha. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

did you do economics?
Original post by ubisoft
Anyone who done IGCSE Further Maths expecting A^?

Yep. I don't want to sound arrogant but I think that exam went AMAZING! Also A^ is only around 85% I heard which is ridiculous imo, (I think it should be 90-95%). I'm really confident that I've got an A^ but we'll find out on Thursday hehe.

How did you find the exam???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goldenshades
Does anyone know what time the grade boundaries for the edexcel exam board come out? And if so where on their website would I be able to see them? :confused:

It's already been released like an hour ago:

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf
Original post by goldenshades

They were posted a few pages back.

http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20Composite%201306%20v2.pdf
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
It is a big milestone in your life that most never forget (I will never forget that first awful walk to school!).

But despite what teachers may tell you DONT WORRY. GCSE's aren't that big a deal. As long as you've got in to sixth form/college then you will never have to mention them again (for as long as you get a C/B in English & Maths).

So please don't stress about it- it's too late to change the results now!
Anybody got the AQA boundaries?????
Original post by Hellomoto.
Anybody got the AQA boundaries?????

They haven't been released yet
Original post by UnderPost
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
It is a big milestone in your life that most never forget (I will never forget that first awful walk to school!).

But despite what teachers may tell you DONT WORRY. GCSE's aren't that big a deal. As long as you've got in to sixth form/college then you will never have to mention them again (for as long as you get a C/B in English & Maths).

So please don't stress about it- it's too late to change the results now!

Thanks so much!:smile:
Reply 5777
Could someone explain the grade boundaries to me? So for C3 (higher) do they need to mark you 47/60 for an A*?
Reply 5778
Original post by meganvjones96

How about the toilets? Find somewhere you can hide out alone and open them before you go back out to see your family.
Original post by MattFletcher
They haven't been released yet

Hopefully, 8 mins then!!!!

Latest