The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emcat
I'm a little bit scared there'll be a news crew at my school because they've been there in the past and I really don't want to be on TV.

Tell them to go **** themselves and they won't air it.
Original post by emcat
Your tweeting worked then!

Aha, yes, although I realise I was a little late in posting this actually - they've been available for hours but an error/glitch/thing meant you could only view them on IE. :tongue:
Reply 1362
Original post by melodyogbebor
Hello all, what a interesting thread!
I am going to be doing History (Edexcel) Drama and Theatre Studies (Edexcel) and Religious Studies (AQA)

Is AQA a good exam board to get good marks? or is it relatively difficult?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay someone else taking Drama! Oh no on a different exam board! And AQA are fine if you're not doing English I've found :tongue:

Original post by emcat
I'm a little bit scared there'll be a news crew at my school because they've been there in the past and I really don't want to be on TV.

Yes, I'm not too pleased that I'll have to put some effort into looking alright when for last few days I've been sleeping till about 9:30 at least.

Original post by chloe--
I had that phone call too!

It obviously means you've done well, so congrats! :biggrin:

Aha thank you, you too! From what I can tell they're calling the top 10 performers.
I'm receiving my results online :3
I'm applying for a job in my local pharmacy. I had a chat with the manager and he said bring in your CV with a cover letter. My CV includes the A-Levels I'm studying, should I take them out because I'm not doing Biology so he might think that I don't have an interest in pharmacy?
Original post by Cynical.
Yay someone else taking Drama! Oh no on a different exam board! And AQA are fine if you're not doing English I've found :tongue:

Yes, I'm not too pleased that I'll have to put some effort into looking alright when for last few days I've been sleeping till about 9:30 at least.

Aha thank you, you too! From what I can tell they're calling the top 10 performers.

Oooh yes! What exam board are you for Drama? I am on Edexcel! :smile:
Reply 1366
Original post by Red Fox
I'm applying for a job in my local pharmacy. I had a chat with the manager and he said bring in your CV with a cover letter. My CV includes the A-Levels I'm studying, should I take them out because I'm not doing Biology so he might think that I don't have an interest in pharmacy?

Pharmacy can be me chemistry related anyway so I wouldn't :smile: and I've never done a cover letter what's that :s-smilie: (feeling ashamed :/ )
Reply 1367
Original post by usycool1
Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :biggrin:

Reply 1368
Original post by tsjmcgrath
For anybody who's interested, AQA's UMS converter has been updated with the June 2013 series now. :smile:

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums

It's not there :s-smilie: ? :confused: EDIT nevermind I had to refresh :lol:
Original post by techno836
Pharmacy can be me chemistry related anyway so I wouldn't :smile: and I've never done a cover letter what's that :s-smilie: (feeling ashamed :/ )

A cover letter is just something you hand in with your CV. I think you basically have the chance to convince them that you're the best candidate. It's my first one anyway:smile:
Reply 1370
Original post by Red Fox
A cover letter is just something you hand in with your CV. I think you basically have the chance to convince them that you're the best candidate. It's my first one anyway:smile:

see on my CV I have a mini profile section near the top, so is it like an extended one of those, but tailored to that specific job ?
Original post by techno836
see on my CV I have a mini profile section near the top, so is it like an extended one of those, but tailored to that specific job ?

Yeah pretty much:redface:
Reply 1372
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah pretty much:redface:

That's alright then :smile: as long as I know for future reference :smile:
Original post by Bude8
I'm receiving my results online :3

Luckyy! My school isn't that technologically advanced yet :frown::frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1374
Original post by Red Fox
Tell them to go **** themselves and they won't air it.

I don't think that would impress my headteacher, but if it means I won't be on TV...

Original post by tsjmcgrath
Aha, yes, although I realise I was a little late in posting this actually - they've been available for hours but an error/glitch/thing meant you could only view them on IE. :tongue:

Oh, haha! That's a weird glitch.
Best thing about tomorrow is attending an alcohol fuelled party afterwards to drown my sorrows :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zed963
That's a kind of bad habit to adopt. It may not work for AS.

Lol obviously it is but I didnt do that for my previous exams obviously. Just for unit 3s I needed c's for a*s overall so I thought I would save time and spend more time on lit etc.
Reply 1377
Original post by melodyogbebor
Oooh yes! What exam board are you for Drama? I am on Edexcel! :smile:

AQA :smile:
If someone could find me and give me cwtches right now I would appreciate it ._.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1379
Original post by Dinasaurus
Best thing about tomorrow is attending an alcohol fuelled party afterwards to drown my sorrows :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a text from my grandparents saying they got me some as I'm at theirs tomorrow....

Latest