The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Oh my... That's disgraceful. I almost want to start properly investigating this, it doesn't sound fair at all.

Go for it :tongue: But bottom line is no one has done good in music everyone I know (even from other schools) have failed.
It's finally hit me that I'm leaving everyone behind by going to college .-.
Why it's took so long I don't know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr.Nor
Go for it :tongue: But bottom line is no one has done good in music everyone I know (even from other schools) have failed.

Haha, I really want to, but I've heard kicking up a fuss doesn't really do much good. It's unjust, but they'll probably just argue that some people clearly did pass so it can't be wrong. Maybe it's communication between schools and OCR that is the problem? Because my Music teaching was pretty awful, really, but I don't consider my Music teacher as a necessarily bad teacher. So it could be that he just didn't understand what he had to teach us because OCR were being vague?

*puts on deerstalker*
Reply 1663
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Haha, I really want to, but I've heard kicking up a fuss doesn't really do much good. It's unjust, but they'll probably just argue that some people clearly did pass so it can't be wrong. Maybe it's communication between schools and OCR that is the problem? Because my Music teaching was pretty awful, really, but I don't consider my Music teacher as a necessarily bad teacher. So it could be that he just didn't understand what he had to teach us because OCR were being vague?

*puts on deerstalker*

My teacher basically let us piss around most of the lessons and she didn't even care so....But some really talented people got Ds and Es for no good reasons....Maybe these are the highest boundaries ever?
Reply 1664
Original post by sophie238
Actually looking forward to starting sixth form now! It's good we still have a bit more time after results though :yes:
Strangely excited for all the uni talks and open days within the next year:colondollar:

Me too. I just want to get started on my A levels now.
Reply 1665
Original post by emcat
Me too. I just want to get started on my A levels now.

as soon as I got my results my teachers thrust homework onto me :lol: so i'm going to get started on that soon :smile:
Reply 1666
Original post by techno836
as soon as I got my results my teachers thrust homework onto me :lol: so i'm going to get started on that soon :smile:

Really? I've never heard of a school doing that.

Is it odd that I actually kind of miss having homework to do?

I got 7A*s 3As and 5Bs :smile: .. if you want a breakdown i'll PM you :smile:

well done those are really good results !

I got one lot of homework before school finished and one on Book Return Day but thankfully none today, although I still haven't finished that so I need to get back to it soon :frown:
Reply 1669
Original post by emcat
Really? I've never heard of a school doing that.

Is it odd that I actually kind of miss having homework to do?

It's to make sure that when we go back our minds are already in the zone ;D .. its only top end GCSE stuff and Low A level ones (kinda like bridging the gap books )
Reply 1670
Original post by sarahiscool
well done those are really good results !

haha thankyou :h: I am very happy my chemistry teacher said I got full raw marks in my C3 exam :woo:

Original post by SophieB1997
I got one lot of homework before school finished and one on Book Return Day but thankfully none today, although I still haven't finished that so I need to get back to it soon :frown:

haha the work never ends :lol: :rolleyes:
Reply 1671
haha thankyou :h: I am very happy my chemistry teacher said I got full raw marks in my C3 exam :woo:

haha the work never ends :lol: :rolleyes:

I got an E in my C3 exam :teehee:
Reply 1672
Original post by Mr.Nor
I got an E in my C3 exam :teehee:

ahh I've been looking for you, how was your biology :lol: and what were your grades :h:
Reply 1673
ahh I've been looking for you, how was your biology :lol: and what were your grades :h:

I got an E as well (and for the record I did in P3 too) I got 2Bs, 4Cs, 2Ds and a distinction. I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I still got into sixth form and I'm happy..
Reply 1674
It's to make sure that when we go back our minds are already in the zone ;D .. its only top end GCSE stuff and Low A level ones (kinda like bridging the gap books )

Ahh, right. That's actually a pretty good idea.
Original post by Mr.Nor
I got an E as well (and for the record I did in P3 too) I got 2Bs, 4Cs, 2Ds and a distinction. I know I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I still got into sixth form and I'm happy..

Kind of glad someone else failed P3. I got a D and all my friends got As on it. Well done though for your other grades :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1675
Original post by Mr.Nor

Well that's good you should be happy :h:

Original post by emcat

Kind of glad someone else failed P3. I got a D and all my friends got As on it.

and yeah so I should be very sharp when I go back ... and i'll have my pre learned AS stuff that i'm doing in secret ;D :lol:
Reply 1676
Original post by emcat

Kind of glad someone else failed P3. I got a D and all my friends got As on it. Well done though for your other grades :smile:

All of my friends failed it too so don't feel bad :smile:

Well that's good you should be happy :h:

and yeah so I should be very sharp when I go back ... and i'll have my pre learned AS stuff that i'm doing in secret ;D :lol:

I am happy with that, I got into sixth form and that's what really matters at the end of day....A lot people actually did worse than me, most people at my school got at least 1-2 Ds with only 2 or 3 people getting straight A/A*
Reply 1677
Original post by Mr.Nor
All of my friends failed it too so don't feel bad :smile:

I am happy with that, I got into sixth form and that's what really matters at the end of day....A lot people actually did worse than me, most people at my school got at least 1-2 Ds with only 2 or 3 people getting straight A/A*

Well I got Top student in my school, and many people fail in my school too :smile:
Reply 1678
Well I got Top student in my school, and many people fail in my school too :smile:

Ah well done! :h:
Reply 1679
Original post by Mr.Nor
Ah well done! :h:

Thankyou :h:

Latest