The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingMessi
http://jacknmoran.wordpress.com/2013/08/23/658/

Am I allowed to post my (annoyed) reaction to the signing of Willian here? If not, I'll remove it.

A very erudite post; your thoughts seem to be the same as to nigh-on every (sensible) Chelsea fan.

Does this also mean your blog is restarting again? It was an enjoyable - and didactic - read last year.
Reply 5481
i know we didn't need to sign another attacking midfielder, but i think willian is a good signing, he is a quality player, albeit one in a position we don't need. Hopefully we can get a striker/CB then we would have a complet squad imo.
Reply 5482
Willian + Hazard....Wizard! Ha! :awesome:

No, but I think that Willian is a very superfluous signing. Why not put that money into, say...a striker?
Reply 5483
Original post by UnWise
Willian + Hazard....Wizard! Ha! :awesome:

No, but I think that Willian is a very superfluous signing. Why not put that money into, say...a striker?

Who knows he might play as the striker, he's done it before.
Reply 5484
Original post by yaboy
Who knows he might play as the striker, he's done it before.

I see. Did he do it well then?
Original post by billybo_h
A very erudite post; your thoughts seem to be the same as to nigh-on every (sensible) Chelsea fan.

Does this also mean your blog is restarting again? It was an enjoyable - and didactic - read last year.

Thanks - and yes, it does. It's ludicrous that I went so long without writing; just pure laziness, really.
Reply 5486
Original post by UnWise
I see. Did he do it well then?

Yeh scored a shed full of goals for anzhi
Reply 5487
http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2013/8/23/4651494/could-willian-indirectly-solve-chelseas-striker-problem

This was my initial thought when I heard about Willian's move to the club. Andre Schurrle becomes a full time CF with Willian taking his place on the wing.
Original post by yaboy
Yeh scored a shed full of goals for anzhi

His statistics suggest otherwise.
No idea about Anzhi, but his stats while he was in Shahktar are pretty good.
Reply 5490

he's a top player.
Reply 5491
Does anyone know how many assists he got at Shakhtar? I could only find UCL figures from before he went to Anzhi. His goal tally certainly isn't amazing, but from the few times I've seen him play he DID look good.
Original post by mhsc
Does anyone know how many assists he got at Shakhtar? I could only find UCL figures from before he went to Anzhi. His goal tally certainly isn't amazing, but from the few times I've seen him play he DID look good.

12/13 35 apps 8 goals 15 assists for Shahktar in his last season.

Watched him regularly there, he's been good. No idea how he's done in Anzhi though.

Statistics don't tell the full story, they can easily be skewed to suit an argument. Wilshere doesn't have great statistics but there is no doubting his quality as a player. Could also say the same of Iniesta. Willian has made a bad career move here, he would have been excellent at Liverpool or Tottenham. I think he'll have a similar fate to Moses/Marin at Chelsea.
Apparently we've signed Eto'o for 2m O_o
Reply 5495
Original post by The Assassin
Apparently we've signed Eto'o for 2m O_o
According to The Telegraph we're content to wait for Rooney, be that when his contract runs out or perhaps January/next summer when Moyes might be more inclined to sell. :dontknow:

As for Eto'o, for £2m you can't really complain provided he's not on stupid wages...although he probably is. Could turn out great, not really convinced though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
According to The Telegraph we're content to wait for Rooney, be that when his contract runs out or perhaps January/next summer when Moyes might be more inclined to sell. :dontknow:

As for Eto'o, for £2m you can't really complain provided he's not on stupid wages...although he probably is. Could turn out great, not really convinced though.

Yeah interesting that.

A goal:game ratio of 1:2.5 at Russia isn't great if we're looking for a top top striker. I mean this guy was a beast at Barca and Inter but now? Not sure. Lukaku's goals to game ratio was 1:2 roughly :s-smilie:. Ofc stats don't show everything but comparing it to other strikers we could get I'm not too convinced. Apparently his performances in the Europa weren't great either...

Maybe after re-uniting with Mourinho though he'll do better...?
Reply 5497
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah interesting that.

A goal:game ratio of 1:2.5 at Russia isn't great if we're looking for a top top striker. I mean this guy was a beast at Barca and Inter but now? Not sure. Lukaku's goals to game ratio was 1:2 roughly :s-smilie:. Ofc stats don't show everything but comparing it to other strikers we could get I'm not too convinced. Apparently his performances in the Europa weren't great either...

Maybe after re-uniting with Mourinho though he'll do better...?

I don't know if it's indicative of where he played in the league for them but against us in the Europa League last year he dropped SO deep, he actually collected the ball of the centre-backs a few times.
Reply 5498
Signing Eto'o just makes the decisio to let the Drog even more stupid.
Reply 5499
Original post by 419
Signing Eto'o just makes the decisio to let the Drog even more stupid.

Nope - Drogba going wasn't stupid at all.

Besides it not being club policy to offer more than a 1 year deal to 30+ yr olds... it was the perfect ending to Drogba's career at Chelsea. He would never have been able to top the: 'Win the CL trophy for Chelsea Football Club with the last kick of the game/his Chelsea career.'

Latest