The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
You would be marked down by Oxford, who compare results with what school you went to.My School's average GCSE Result is a D.
My school vs yours in the League Tables:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/9821842/GCSE-league-tables-compare-your-schools-performance.html?COMPARE
Its really starting to kick in how well I did considering the school I went to.

Also one on the main reasons my school got such good results is because it has incredibly strict academic entry requirements so the people who have got into the school are bound to do well..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gracey11
Haha I'm fairly new to TSR.. I will learn to ignore him sooner or later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on getting in the newspaper!

Whatever he says, the above sentence can't really be belittled at all. Fantastic achievement.

Begrudgingly, congrats to him too, though I'd advise him that people would think slightly better of him if he was nicer to other high-achievers too.
Original post by sarahiscool
oh yeah I forgot you were new, I think I was on holiday when you started posting :redface: ( and the 8 million other new people ) .... hey , what subjects are you taking ? oh and well done on your gcse's they are really good !

Thank you I was completely over the moon when I demolished that poor brown envelope and read them :smile: AQA chemistry, biology, physics and Edexcel maths (might do further maths as well but not sure whether it actually gives that much advantage and is worth that extra workload). What subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2023
Thank you I was completely over the moon when I demolished that poor brown envelope and read them :smile: AQA chemistry, biology, physics and Edexcel maths (might do further maths as well but not sure whether it actually gives that much advantage and is worth that extra workload). What subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For what it's worth, taking 5 subjects really isn't a good idea. Uni's don't really care if you've taken more than the usual 4 AS / 3 A Levels... Much better to take less and get better grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

physics, biology, maths , f maths and not sure about the last one I put down geog but now I am thinking about doing chemistry
physics, biology, maths , f maths and not sure about the last one I put down geog but now I am thinking about doing chemistry

So you are doing 5 AS? Do you mind me asking why you decided to take 5? Because I am currently torn between 4 or 5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Triple science double maths...

Exactly what I did/am doing :smile:
Original post by NikolaT
Congrats on getting in the newspaper!

Whatever he says, the above sentence can't really be belittled at all. Fantastic achievement.

Begrudgingly, congrats to him too, though I'd advise him that people would think slightly better of him if he was nicer to other high-achievers too.

Thank you very muchh :smile: hmm yes I guess I should congratulate him too -_- well done Dalek!! You are the best!! All hail Dalek..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1

How did you find the workload??

Posted from TSR Mobile
So you are doing 5 AS? Do you mind me asking why you decided to take 5? Because I am currently torn between 4 or 5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm only doing 5 as my school don't count AS further maths as a subject so I have to do a 5th AS ( they wont let anyone do 5 otherwise ) and I would need further maths if I decided to go into engineering but im too bad to do full further maths ( in which case I would have 4 AS's ) ... so I'm basically doing 5 to keep my options open, if I could choose I would only be doing 4 as doing 5 has no advantage. What are you thinking of doing at uni ? if its nothing physics related then I wouldn't bother
How did you find the workload??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not gonna lie - it was a hell of a lot of work (especially if you do other things like work experience, extra curricular's etc.). :tongue: But you do learn quite a bit and it is (call me mad :tongue:) fun!

How do you feel doing all 3 sciences ? A lot of people have told me not to do all 3 . Ahh im so confused on whether to do chem or not :s-smilie:
Reply 2032
As soon as Dalek is back the whole thread turns into an argument sigh -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you feel doing all 3 sciences ? A lot of people have told me not to do all 3 . Ahh im so confused on whether to do chem or not :s-smilie:

What are their reasons?

I quite enjoyed doing all three sciences. If you want to do them and genuinely have an interest in them, go for it! :biggrin:
Reply 2034
My school only offer Further Maths as an AS in Year 13 :-(
What are their reasons?

I quite enjoyed doing all three sciences. If you want to do them and genuinely have an interest in them, go for it! :biggrin:

No clue, maybe just cause they are all so similar . I hate chemistry that's the problem ... and geography ( which I hate slightly less ) but I love biology and if I wanted to study something biology related then I would probably need chemistry, which is where my problem comes from
Original post by Cynical.
My school only offer Further Maths as an AS in Year 13 :-(

My Further Maths class has 4 people:biggrin:
How do you all feel to be starting sixth form? :smile:
I for one have very high expectations of this year tbh..
Reply 2038
Haha I'm fairly new to TSR.. I will learn to ignore him sooner or later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha we all get there eventually :rolleyes: :lol:
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
How do you all feel to be starting sixth form? :smile:
I for one have very high expectations of this year tbh..
I'm excited and I want to average over 90% UMS in my subjects as a minimum.

Latest