Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln: Freshers Week Options

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Dais1995
awesome! yeah same here, i really dont do enough exercise at the moment XD i will have to have a proper look at the sports and societies fayres but i'm quite interested in surfing or climbing i think :smile:

Yea I always mean to go for a walk or walk, ends up never happening, I tend to end up eating the contents of my fridge - mega fail! Haha.
Yea, some sport that will fill in the time :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Skingrater
hi, same hear, id expect some events to be pay on door for extra cost, thats if they arnt already full, they gotta make money right? but im the similar sitch, not mad on dj's :P prefer the places slightly more mellowed, :P

Hi - did you still buy a wristband though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RadonGaming
I'm really not into anything related to drinking or clubbing. I'd just prefer to see the societies, meet people around accommodation and lectures. Perhaps a few mild afternoon events, I'm not the most social and fresher's week has me worried as it seems to be based around drinking and clubbing.

I feel exactly the same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmmyLauren
I feel exactly the same!

What accommodation are you staying at? and What course are you taking?
Reply 24
Agree, I want something more chilled. I'm staying in Cathedral Street accommodation - when's the best day to turn up (don't have a clue) - this Saterday or next?
Original post by RadonGaming
What accommodation are you staying at? and What course are you taking?

I'm staying in Courts and i'm studying Creative Advertising. How about you?
Reply 26
Is there anyone who hasn't bought any tickets/wristbands?
Original post by DavidLA

I haven't. Thought I'd see what was going on and decide what I want to do night to night :smile:
Original post by DavidLA

I haven't either. Was planning on buying on the door if I fancied the events/depending on what my flat mates were doing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
I just went to buy a wristband but theyve all sold out! :/ Bit gutted but i suppose i wouldnt go to em all ahh well! Night to night planning it is!

Anyone here doing Media Production Ba? Or living in Hayes Wharf?
Reply 30
im doing film and tv so i will probably be seeing you around! though there seem to be loooaaaadds of people doing media production, you should be able to find someone hopefully :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by DavidLA

I haven't, i was getting worried at first because i thought that's where everyone was going but i think now its worked out well because there's some stuff i wasn't to bothered about
Reply 32
Original post by DavidLA

Hey, I haven't bought a wristband, but one of my friends from a different uni may be coming to a freshers night with me. I know they're sold out, but do you think the clubs will be free enough to pay on the door? Does anyone know how much it will cost to pay on the door too?
Reply 33
Original post by lturner22
I haven't, i was getting worried at first because i thought that's where everyone was going but i think now its worked out well because there's some stuff i wasn't to bothered about

Yh, me too. It's good to hear that there are others who are interested in doing other things. I don't wanna have to stay in my room during freshers while everyone else is at the events.
Reply 34
Original post by Surfer94
Hey, I haven't bought a wristband, but one of my friends from a different uni may be coming to a freshers night with me. I know they're sold out, but do you think the clubs will be free enough to pay on the door? Does anyone know how much it will cost to pay on the door too?

One of the strangest things I've heard. You need to get to know people by yourself and not rely on your friend for comfort.

It's your freshers, not theirs. Maybe next year. But not first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
hi so i'm a freshman at Lincoln and have already moved in. Bored to hell, have nothing to do... Would it be possible to join a club or society with no student ID(will get it on the 23rd I guess...)? Are there any 1st year fb groups?
Also, it would be cool to gang up with some of the freshers and chill in the city, but so far I haven't met any :s-smilie: Anyone interested? :colone:
Reply 36
Original post by PWatto
One of the strangest things I've heard. You need to get to know people by yourself and not rely on your friend for comfort.

It's your freshers, not theirs. Maybe next year. But not first year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Erm. I don't see him much because of being at different Uni's, so I would take any opportunity I get. Do you not know, you can actually make new friends and still meet new people, even if one of your closest ones visits, to come to one freshers night with you? :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Original post by Dais1995
i know there are a fair few clubbing events in the evening, however there is also kids in glass houses playing one evening which as far as i know are more alternative/punk music, and there is also a 'big quiz' one night too. theres a ghost walk early evening one night too which i am so going to.
as for daytime stuff there are the sports and societies fayres, theres bowling one day, an all day trip to alton towers and a treasure hunt one day too. i cant remember off the top of my head what the exact schedule is though.
i need to find out if its possible to pay just for individual events rather than buying a wristband, because like your friend i dont mind the occasional party/club thing but i prefer chilled settings too :smile: hopefully i will find some people to hang out with rather than going to a few of those dj events XD

HI!, where did you hear about the ghost walk?? I'd love to go, but this is the first time I have heard about it :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by HeatherWood
Hey people :smile:
I'm glad to see there are other people who are interested in meeting people Freshers Week than just going clubbing. I think I'm going to buy tickets on the door so I can be flexible :biggrin:

same here :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by Tatts
HI!, where did you hear about the ghost walk?? I'd love to go, but this is the first time I have heard about it :smile:

i cant remember if we got anything about it in our welcome packs, but anyway the lincoln applicant facebook page posted it too :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=403470189761829&set=pb.340822812693234.-2207520000.1379209903.&type=3&theater

Quick Reply

Latest