The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All of you complaining about going back? I went back today :cool: Only a half day though tbf and they let us out at 11 because they didn't have timetables :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2501
Original post by sr234
I go back on Tuesday, we have an induction week with a freshers day included where apparently 'you participate in lots of fun activities and get to meet new people'. Tbf i was looking forward to meeting new people but at enrollment yesterday some of the girls came across as complete chavs - this girl threw a tantrum solely because she was asked to take her beanie off, she was like 'OMG?!! ARE YA SERIOUS??'' blah blah blah.. :facepalm:

:facepalm: Just reading about this girl makes me cringe.

you participate in lots of fun activities and get to meet new people

Do remember that when teachers describe something as fun, it probably isn't.
Reply 2502
I just woke up.

On a scale from 1-10 take a stab at how pissed off I am.

This is why is seriously despise not having a routine. Now I'm going to be up all night and I'll get to sleep even later than usual (around 5am) and I'll wake up even later tomorrow. It's a vicious cycle. :frown:
Original post by Lucas.
I just woke up.

On a scale from 1-10 take a stab at how pissed off I am.

This is why is seriously despise not having a routine. Now I'm going to be up all night and I'll get to sleep even later than usual (around 5am) and I'll wake up even later tomorrow. It's a vicious cycle. :frown:

Skip sleeping tonight and go to sleep at 10 tomorrow. Job done.
Reply 2504
Original post by Red Fox
Skip sleeping tonight and go to sleep at 10 tomorrow. Job done.

I've tried to do that many times before and I just end up sleeping at 7am. :colondollar:
Original post by Dinasaurus
About 2 weeks ago, I went for 5 weeks. The vast majority of my family live there.

How different is it compared to mauritius?
Reply 2506
Original post by Mário

I know i think i accidentally pulled a face at her (wasn't intended) and i thought she was going to come out with '' OI you, got a problem- say it to my face yehhh'' - or something along those lines:giggle:

Haha i know it's probably going to be filled with awkward mingling and teachers pulling lame jokes, oh how joyous :redface:
Reply 2507
Original post by alicemforsyth
Hey all! I'm doing History (OCR), Geography (AQA), English Literature (AQA) and Biology (Edexcel).

Add me please! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

added :yy:
Reply 2508
In bed with a stomach ache, what a wonderful way to spend my last week off..
Reply 2509
Original post by Mário

Not all teachers i walked into my chemistry lesson before the exam and the teacher said we're going to do someting (yes he said it like that :lol:) fun today, we were all expecting mock questions and answers ... my teacher did this in one of those incubators :cool:

[video="youtube;2KlAf936E90"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2KlAf936E90[/video]
Original post by Mr.Nor

well that sucks :frown: its better to have it now than on your first few days of school I guess
Reply 2511
Original post by techno836
Not all teachers i walked into my chemistry lesson before the exam and the teacher said we're going to do someting (yes he said it like that :lol:) fun today, we were all expecting mock questions and answers ... my teacher did this in one of those incubators :cool:

x

I wish my Science teachers were that cool. :frown:

Mind you my Triple Science teacher decided to place a generous amount of Sodium into a bowl of water when we were doing some Chemistry work... That was fairly interesting.. Nothing special though, you can probably guess what happened. :tongue:
Reply 2512
Original post by sr234
I know i think i accidentally pulled a face at her (wasn't intended) and i thought she was going to come out with '' OI you, got a problem- say it to my face yehhh'' - or something along those lines:giggle:

Haha i know it's probably going to be filled with awkward mingling and teachers pulling lame jokes, oh how joyous :redface:

Hahaha, good luck with that. :goodluck:
Reply 2513
... my teacher did this in one of those incubators :cool:

Wha?! We never got to do anything like that.

You, my good sir, are very lucky.
Reply 2514
Original post by Lucas.
I wish my Science teachers were that cool. :frown:

Mind you my Triple Science teacher decided to place a generous amount of Sodium into a bowl of water when we were doing some Chemistry work... That was fairly interesting.. Nothing special though, you can probably guess what happened. :tongue:

haha i'm guessing it set on fire and turned the water purple after fizzing around a bit :lol:

Original post by Mário
Wha?! We never got to do anything like that.

You, my good sir, are very lucky.

it was rather special :ahee: although he said he had to do **** loads of paperwork for it :lol:
Reply 2515
Original post by Mr.Nor

Awh get well soon!:smile:
Reply 2516
also while were talking about science and experiments anybody else find this guy mad??

[video="youtube;Go9XT2S1bF4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Go9XT2S1bF4[/video]

Spoiler

Reply 2517
Original post by sarahiscool
well that sucks :frown: its better to have it now than on your first few days of school I guess

Yeah I guess, one more week to go :frown:
Original post by sr234
Awh get well soon!:smile:

Haha thanks! :smile:
Reply 2518
haha i'm guessing it set on fire and turned the water purple after fizzing around a bit :lol:

Yes. :wink: But it was a 'generous' amount and she managed to crack the bowl it was placed in, and she also damaged the ceiling. :rolleyes: It was a good lesson. :tongue:

I also just watched that plasma ball video... That guy is crazy.. And who knew Physics could actually be so interesting? :lol:
Reply 2519
Original post by Lucas.
Yes. :wink: But it was a 'generous' amount and she managed to crack the bowl it was placed in, and she also damaged the ceiling. :rolleyes: It was a good lesson. :tongue:

I also just watched that plasma ball video... That guy is crazy.. And who knew Physics could actually be so interesting? :lol:

haha define damaged :holmes: .. my teacher burnt our classroom ceiling :rolleyes:

Latest