The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
:teehee: must have been my pluperfect :wink:

And 54? On glasses :tongue: I get reimbursement for uniform up to £300 I think

Not pour... I think à!

How close were you to the A* boundary? :wink:
Original post by thatitootoo
'Cause the word on the street iz that ya now be doing da BTEC tang, homie :redface:

LOL. Street talk 101 with tootoo. :lol:
Original post by AquisM
Hehe Dunno, any French speakers around to confirm?

Es-tu 'excited' à/de/pour (what do I use here? :s-smilie:) retourner à l'école?

Excited - excité
So you can say " Es-tu excité de retourner à l'école? "
I would say "Es-tu excité pour la rentrée?"
La rentrée - Beginning of the school year
Reply 7043
Original post by Kalapatato
Excited - excité
I would say ""

Merci! :biggrin:

Not pour... I think à!

Es-tu excité pour la rentrée?
In Real Life™, our beloved thatitootoo is more often heard saying things like "I'm sure your results will suffice"! :lol:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
LOL. Street talk 101 with tootoo. :lol:

Real talk!:wink:
Aber eigentlich kann ich viel besser Deutsch und Niederländisch sprechen! xP
Original post by Octopus_Garden
In Real Life™, our beloved thatitootoo is more often heard saying things like "I'm sure your results will suffice"! :lol:

Who is tha tootoo mandom ya chattin 'bout famalam?
Ich habe keine Ahnung darüber!!:wink:
mandem* Hatte ich dir nicht gesagt, dass ich nicht sehr gut "Strasse" sprechen kann?!:wink:
Original post by AquisM
Merci! :biggrin:

Es-tu excité pour la rentrée?

Original post by Kalapatato
Excited - excité
I would say "Es-tu excité pour la rentrée?"

Erm ... grammatically, this is correct .. but, in (modern) French, " excité " means sexually aroused. DO NOT tell somebody " je suis trop excité ! " or anything along those lines. " es-tu excité pour la rentrée ? " sounds kind of creepy..
You'd rather say " as-tu hâte de retourner à l'école ? " or " es-tu content que ce soit la rentrée ? ".
^ :rofl:

Anti-reflective coating (even if you find a five pound set of frames, the change from the NHS voucher couldn't be used towards the coating) for £30, and I bought some prescription swimming goggles.

Unfortunately, anti-reflective coating isn't an optional extra for me. If I don't have that put on, I know from bitter experience that I am beset with new sight difficulties.

I live in dread of ever needing varifocals...

:moon:

The world of glasses.

Original post by constantmeowage
How close were you to the A* boundary? :wink:

In Welsh? 6 UMS :tongue:
hello i am new to this thread ((Hallo))
Original post by lizziecr
hello i am new to this thread ((Hallo))

From Yr12 thread?:wavey:
From Yr12 thread?:wavey:

I am indeed!

The world of glasses.
If a supernatural being comes down and says, "wouldn't it be cool if you wore glasses?" ask him or her for a sports car instead, and sell it on afterwards through Auto Trader.
Reply 7054
If a supernatural being comes down and says, "wouldn't it be cool if you wore glasses?" ask him or her for a sports car instead, and sell it on afterwards through Auto Trader.

I had no idea you could get prescription swimming goggles! I need some if I ever go swimming again... wearing daily disposables sucks, and I discovered a couple of years back that you cannot wear them in a sauna! I can't even begin to explain that particular experience...

I'm finding it rather hard to type because today I managed to slice the very very tip of my finger off in the fan inside the mini fridge at work. I thought I got a significant electric shock at first, but then my finger started bleeding and a piece of skin was hanging off, so I realised what had happened...
^ :rofl:

:moon:

The world of glasses.

In Welsh? 6 UMS :tongue:

All down to me and the BBC, chuck :wink: You better remember what you've learnt now! :tongue:
Original post by Ronove
I had no idea you could get prescription swimming goggles! I need some if I ever go swimming again... wearing daily disposables sucks, and I discovered a couple of years back that you cannot wear them in a sauna! I can't even begin to explain that particular experience...

I'm finding it rather hard to type because today I managed to slice the very very tip of my finger off in the fan inside the mini fridge at work. I thought I got a significant electric shock at first, but then my finger started bleeding and a piece of skin was hanging off, so I realised what had happened...
My husband told me about them earlier this year, after the last time we went, and I've finally got round to it! Over the last five years, I've been trying to learn to swim. Well, on and off. I generally procrastinate over it, because I can't see anything, and it makes the whole thing worse.

The moment I put my glasses in the locker, I totter around, trying not to slip on the floor I can't see, with this expression -> :unsure:

However, prescription is a slight misnomer. At least in Specsavers (but Specsavers was £10-£15 cheaper than the independent Opticians I had my sight test in!)

The sphere measurement graduations available for each eye went up in steps of 0.50 from 0.00. Just to be awkward, my right eye is -3.25. And they don't cater for cylinder or axis measurements.1

However, if you're a regular swimmer, or think you will be regular enough to justify the expense, I did find sites that would make goggles that fit one's exact prescription. Just to give you a sense of the price difference, I put all my values in, and it came to £104.97 on spex4less, as opposed to £24.95 for partially off-the-peg ones at Specsavers. Apparently my right eye is so awkward, one measurement just pushes me into an additional £10 charge bracket!:biggrin:

Sorry about your finger.:eek:

Do you mean just the skin, or enough to merit reattachment under surgery? :eek:

1 Don't be fooled into thinking I understand what those really mean! I can barely explain which kinds of eyesight require concave or convex lenses and why, and that's GCSE science.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hey guys, anyone here speaks Spanish or Italian and willing to practice with me? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7058
My husband told me about them earlier this year, after the last time we went, and I've finally got round to it! Over the last five years, I've been trying to learn to swim. Well, on and off. I generally procrastinate over it, because I can't see anything, and it makes the whole thing worse.

The moment I put my glasses in the locker, I totter around, trying not to slip on the floor I can't see, with this expression -> :unsure:

However, prescription is a slight misnomer. At least in Specsavers (but Specsavers was £10-£15 cheaper than the independent Opticians I had my sight test in!)

The sphere measurement graduations available for each eye went up in steps of 0.50 from 0.00. Just to be awkward, my right eye is -3.25. And they don't cater for cylinder or axis measurements.1

However, if you're a regular swimmer, or think you will be regular enough to justify the expense, I did find sites that would make goggles that fit one's exact prescription. Just to give you a sense of the price difference, I put all my values in, and it came to £104.97 on spex4less, as opposed to £24.95 for partially off-the-peg ones at Specsavers. Apparently my right eye is so awkward, one measurement just pushes me into an additional £10 charge bracket!:biggrin:

Sorry about your finger.:eek:

Do you mean just the skin, or enough to merit reattachment under surgery? :eek:

1 Don't be fooled into thinking I understand what those really mean! I can barely explain which kinds of eyesight require concave or convex lenses and why, and that's GCSE science.

Oh... well now I feel a bit silly, since I think both my eyes are just -0.25, but I can't see properly beyond about three metres, I swear! I hate the generally slightly dizzy feeling I get without my glasses/contacts - for example, I never go outside without them anymore, and I have to wear them at work, even if I'm mostly just talking to people across a counter, because everything just feels overwhelming as soon as I look across the store a bit without glasses/contacts.

Oh no, just the skin. :redface: I had to cut the flap off when I got home cos it was being annoying, so now I'm overly conscious of the raw spot. :frown:
Original post by constantmeowage
All down to me and the BBC, chuck :wink: You better remember what you've learnt now! :tongue:

:mmm:

I need that PowerPoint again.

Latest

Trending

Trending