The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blackshadow
Merhaba! Nasilsin? :ahee:

Lawl. :colone:

I see you around the forum all the time bud, but not sure if we've talked before. :s-smilie:
Any half Turk, half . . . .?? :smile:
Original post by Nergis

Yeah. Half Turkish...

Spoiler

Original post by RamocitoMorales
Yeah. Half Turkish...

Spoiler

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
TSR's become so dull.
This forum could be improved in so many ways. :sleep:

EDIT: Or maybe I've just gotten too old for TSR?
It's like all the main threads are about A levels, muslims or today's favourite, and the relationships threads "how do you have sex with a girl?"

:sigh:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
TSR's become so dull.

Like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Physics4Life
Like?

For starters, the main homepage threads shouldn't include games, chat threads or relationship stuff.
The old TSR was more of a serious debate forum.

The reputation system has become childish. Before you could post comments with your rep too, so the good/bad rep's actually meant more.

I miss the flags next to the names.

You used to be able to write annon posts prior to moderator approval so there were more funny posts, and ones that stayed there for longer with old mods sometimes joining in.

The audience for TSR has switched from A level-university students to GSCE-A level students so the design has become more childish too.
TSR's become so dull.

EDIT: Or maybe I've just gotten too old for TSR?
It's like all the main threads are about A levels, muslims or today's favourite, and the relationships threads "how do you have sex with a girl?"

:sigh:

I agree that yes there are lots of stupid threads- lots about muslims(mainly negative?) and relationships (most of which are so irritating) like you said, but I can't complain about the A level threads as I'm at that stage :smile:
But to be fair it is called 'The Student Room' and threads relating to school are far less annoying and more relevant than some guy asking whether he should get with a single mum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nergis

Yeah I am half Turkish Cypriot, Half Jamaican
Original post by Username97
I agree that yes there are lots of stupid threads- lots about muslims(mainly negative?) and relationships (most of which are so irritating) like you said, but I can't complain about the A level threads as I'm at that stage :smile:
But to be fair it is called 'The Student Room' and threads relating to school are far less annoying and more relevant than some guy asking whether he should get with a single mum.

didnt complain about the a-level and education threads tho
Original post by Cybernetic
Yeah I am half Turkish Cypriot, Half Jamaican

:holmes:
For starters, the main homepage threads shouldn't include games, chat threads or relationship stuff.
The old TSR was more of a serious debate forum.

The reputation system has become childish. Before you could post comments with your rep too, so the good/bad rep's actually meant more.

I miss the flags next to the names.

You used to be able to write annon posts prior to moderator approval so there were more funny posts, and ones that stayed there for longer with old mods sometimes joining in.

The audience for TSR has switched from A level-university students to GSCE-A level students so the design has become more childish too.

Amen to this. :sadnod:

And that damn noisy kebab shop that all the town's drunks frequent, has opened up for business again. (Its right across the street from my place.) :mad:
Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Amen to this. :sadnod:

And that damn noisy kebab shop that all the town's drunks frequent, has opened up for business again. (Its right across the street from my place.) :mad:

Greasy doner will stop them from vomitting so much though :borat:
Reply 2813
Greasy doner will stop them from vomitting so much though :borat:

really? I didn't know that :smile: and I've always been wondering why all drunks eat doner :smile:
:holmes:

haha what is that for ?

sadly I can't speak Turkish. I know a few basic words. I don't know many Turks either where I live in London the only Turkish people I have either met apart from one person and my Dad are all the guys serving me my kebab.

Any one no any places where a lot of young Turks 16-25 hang out ? weird question I know but I would really like to meet more Turks gain some appreciation for the culture and maybe learn more of the language.
Are there any young Turks living in cardiff? Haven't come across any :frown:
Bajrem Serif Mubarek Olsen

Tommorow load of Baklava :biggrin:

1375838_633753766681008_1191149282_n.jpg
Anybody here watches any Turkish series ? I watch them in Arabic and infact It's one of the main reasons why I decided to learn Turkish during my gap year. So if any of you guys have suggestions as to which books, websites, or apps I should use, please let me know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our school's pairing up with two Turkish schools in Istanbul and Usak where the year 7s have to message the kids in Turkey, meaning I have to teach year 7s Turkish (think my brother has to, also). Crazy.
Seriously, we do Spanish and we don't even have a Spanish exchange like we do for French and German, anyway, rant over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snakebite
Bajrem Serif Mubarek Olsen

Tommorow load of Baklava :biggrin:

1375838_633753766681008_1191149282_n.jpg

Bayramın kutlu olsun.

Nergis
Are there any young Turks living in cardiff? Haven't come across any

Same story in Aberdeen.

straw-struck
Anybody here watches any Turkish series ? I watch them in Arabic and infact It's one of the main reasons why I decided to learn Turkish during my gap year.

What series do you watch? :holmes:

Username97
Seriously, we do Spanish and we don't even have a Spanish exchange like we do for French and German, anyway, rant over.

I've just started learning Spanish myself.

Quick Reply

Latest