The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dannyboy1236
I know exactly what you mean. I've known these people for five years and it feels like only now are we becoming really close but I guess it is life. But you don't have to lose contact with everyone.....I know it's not easy but you could stay in contact with some? You have to find the people worth the effort.... (sorry if this sounds preachy....I wasn't trying to...)

You sir are a legend!

Where do you find these people?

Yeah, I'll try. My friends like to meet up so hopefully we can a bit, and some of them who are moving on are going to the same concert as me in March so that should be good.

In other news, I spent last night watching the Asylum's classic thriller 'Nazis at the Centre of the Earth'. Oh god, that was literally awful in every bloody way, Imdb gave it a rating of 3.2/10. PS1 style special effects, primary school level acting, horrible script and plot. I recommend all Year 12s to watch it, because it's a laugh.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I hope to study Medicine and I am wondering if it is a good idea to take Physics A level if you're not particularly amazing at Maths. I got an A in Maths (is that good enough) and Physics ( a few UMS marks off an A*). I'm not taking Maths A level though either. I've heard how difficult Physics is and Maths is extremely useful. I've decided to take Chem, Bio, Physics and Psychology. I've picked subjects that I'm good at and enjoy but i'm scared about physics. I wanted to do English but didn't get the grade unless I get it remarked (needed an A in English Language).

You have same A-levels as me :biggrin:
Physics A-level requires basic manipulation of algebraic equations, and Logs (which is taught at Maths A-level). Maths is needed for mechanics too, but that will only go as far as trigonometry.
Where's that awesome guy that was doing pretty much the exact same IB subjects as me, and even wanted to do the same course at the same uni as me? :moon:
Original post by EvasiveRose
Fanfiction one shots and I contribute my work to another site too (includ. DevianArt- feel free to check it out)
So true- I think dystopia is more likely achievable than utopia due to the way we're hardwired :tongue:
Supernatural scares me :cry:

Ahh that's cool :biggrin: I only really publish stuff on fanfiction, I wouldn't dare share my original stuff anywhere and I don't use more than one site, because I'd probably forget to update all of them. I'll check out yours though!

I know - it's quite sad really, but it's still interesting to think about. Have you read many dystopian novels then??

Does it?? Aww :^_^: I suppose some episodes are quite scary. That sort of thing just doesn't bother me as much. I can understand why it would bother others though.
My goodness, I'm rusty at maths having done none over the summer holiday :lolwut:
Original post by Mr.Nor
Mum woke me up early to reorganize my room ergh

Hahahah... Last year I reorganized my room every 3 days because I was looking for the 'perfect' combination of furniture configuration... I often did this in the middle of the night because somehow motivation boosted my sleep time to do something productive... :rolleyes:
Now, today, I'm living in a nearly 'perfect' combo room.. aand it feels gooood :biggrin::wink:
Original post by Bude8
My goodness, I'm rusty at maths having done none over the summer holiday :lolwut:

I've forgotten my FP3 :emo:
Original post by techno836
quote me if you wish to be added :h:

I just realized that my name is still not in the list (OCR A Chemistry, OCR Maths & Further Maths, AQA Physics) :s-smilie: Please put it in.. so I can feel like I'm part of the group :redface:
Original post by YanaIguana
Yeah I think that'll be the best thing to do right now as I have no idea when I'll get around to creating a blog, especially with sixth form being round the corner. :smile:

Maybe I'll try fan fiction one day and see where it would lead me. But right now I'm set into writing a long novel, which I've never done before.

I'm really excited to start English Literature at A level. You don't get any opportunity for creative writing, but I'm happy it's more in depth. At the sixth form I'll be joining they have a lot of debates in class, so the teachers have told me. The best thing is they have an English club!

I believe I've always had such a wide imagination. I'm an only child so I could only occupy myself and came up with lots of stories I used to reenact with my toys when I was younger (haha) xD I also used to love writing stories. It's funny looking back at them. But, I also watch a lot of anime which really gets to work on your creative juice box. They come up with some mad story lines :P

I'm reading The Mortal Instruments right now as I wanted to delve into a fantasy novel. I haven't read one in so long. It's weird that the typical books I read normally are nothing like the genres I want to write.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll do that then :biggrin: I'm looking forward to reading your work already!!

Good luck with that! It's very rewarding - I've only ever completed a long novel twice, but you feel so happy when you finish it, it's amazing. Although the prospect of reading back over it and correcting and editing is the most terrifying and daunting task ever. Or is that just me who has that problem? :confused:

At my school there's no freedom whatsoever with English Literature A level - you have to study Victorian literature, mostly Dickens, in year 12, and then love stories, mostly Shakespeare, in year 13. That's it. I chose not to take it because I hate Dickens with a passion (personally I just hate his writing style, although he was clearly talented) so I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I should, and because I do so much extra-curricular English I didn't think I needed to study it in school any more. I've always done writing courses and weeks away to help with writing, so I'll keep doing those without studying it in school. You're very lucky having such a great programme at your school, including an English club! :biggrin:

I used to come up with stories and re-eanct them with toys as well! It was one of my favourite pastimes. I've always loved writing as well - I can remember being told off in about year 3 because we were told to write a short story and mine as 9 pages long in the tiny handwriting I had at that point. I just got carried away and was enjoying writing it :tongue: The funny thing is, I always did stuff like that on my own but I have two brothers. I guess they always just played together so I was left on my own with my imagination. I don't watch much anime, but the ones friends have insited I watch have had some fairly crazy story lines!

I keep meaning to read those books! Are you enjoying them? I've just finished Insurgent (well, I picked it up yesterday evening and just read all of it, it's an extremely quick and easy to read book. But I enjoyed it) and I'm about to start A Clash Of Kings, which I've been meaning to read since I finished A Game Of Thrones months ago, but dad stole it. :mad: Next on my list after that is Watermark - I don't know if you've ever heard of it, it's nothing like the books I normally read because it's not fantasy, it's a look into human psychology and theories about human evolution whilst still having a plot about crime. It sounded really cool, so I figured I'd give it a go and see what I thought. :smile:
Original post by LeFailFish
Ahh that's cool :biggrin: I only really publish stuff on fanfiction, I wouldn't dare share my original stuff anywhere and I don't use more than one site, because I'd probably forget to update all of them. I'll check out yours though!

I know - it's quite sad really, but it's still interesting to think about. Have you read many dystopian novels then??

Does it?? Aww :^_^: I suppose some episodes are quite scary. That sort of thing just doesn't bother me as much. I can understand why it would bother others though.

Actually, I'm guilty of not updating either. My last story I updated with 2 chapters a day for a week or so and then just left it hanging :tongue: (I didn't get many/ any :eek: reviews either because I was apparently updating too quickly for people to get a feel of the story)
Feel free to check it out
I haven't read any novels although I did watch a film themed on dystopia. Dystopia is the main focus for my english coursework which is why I've begun to learn about it (it is quite an interesting concept though)
I'm more into shows like Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries, etc; although I never have any time to watch them so I either have to read about what happened or watch the episode 3-4 days after it's aired :sigh:
Reply 3270
Original post by LeoMantys
Hahahah... Last year I reorganized my room every 3 days because I was looking for the 'perfect' combination of furniture configuration... I often did this in the middle of the night because somehow motivation boosted my sleep time to do something productive... :rolleyes:
Now, today, I'm living in a nearly 'perfect' combo room.. aand it feels gooood :biggrin::wink:

All I did was move my desk and draws around haha
I'm soo happy my history teacher posted a card to congratulate me for my History result :woo:
Original post by Mário
Oh, I see. Doesn't sound interesting at all.

Certainly wasn't. Wish I arrived earlier but there was too much traffic on the way back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bude8
School tomorrow :woo:

Have fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Darnell LD97
I'm soo happy my history teacher posted a card to congratulate me for my History result :woo:

That was awfully nice of them.
By the time I went back on results day to school I learned 2 of my history teachers, form tutor, science teacher and maths teacher had either been fired or left. I didn't even get to say thanks :frown:
How do I maths again?

I don't remember this method :lolwut:
Reply 3276
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Hey there, I'm doing AS Level: Maths, Physics, History, Philosophy & Economics.

Also studying A2 French in the mean time... :france:

On what exam boards :h:
Reply 3277
Original post by Bude8
How do I maths again?

I don't remember this method :lolwut:

I never got taught it at GCSE either .. i had to learn it at AS as you need it to find the y intercept, and vertex of quadratics graphs and solutions :/
Original post by techno836
I never got taught it at GCSE either .. i hard to learning it at AS as you need it to find the y intercept, and vertex of quadratics graphs and solutions :/

Completing the square wasn't needed at GCSE, but it was in Admaths. I'm probably gonna screw my Maths test on Tuesday, but I think I'll get back up to scratch quite quickly.
Reply 3279
Original post by LeoMantys
I just realized that my name is still not in the list (OCR A Chemistry, OCR Maths & Further Maths, AQA Physics) :s-smilie: Please put it in.. so I can feel like I'm part of the group :redface:

Sorry i miss some :h: .. and i thought i added you :confused: .. oh well you're on now :h: :yy:

Latest