The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I hate hot temperatures and although its not been too hot where I have been living its been 92.6 degrees Celsius in London-I nearly fainted in Italy at nearly 40 degrees Celsius.
Reply 3981
Going to bed cause start tomorrow night all! :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3982
Original post by Lucas.
I feel so sorry for you man, hahaha. So glad I never ever have to do PE ever again. Ever. :biggrin:

Amen to that! :beer:
Reply 3983
Original post by Tibbz2
Amen to that! :beer:

The thing I'll miss the least about PE is having to go from my kit back into my uniform after doing athletics on a hot summers afternoon. :biggrin:
Reply 3984
Original post by Lucas.
The thing I'll miss the least about PE is having to go from my kit back into my uniform after doing athletics on a hot summers afternoon. :biggrin:

Ah yes, that was dreadful! The athletics on a hot summers afternoon is probably just as bad, they forced us to do three 800m races each in 30C heat. I weighed about a stone less from water loss :lol:
Reply 3985
Original post by Tibbz2
Ah yes, that was dreadful! The athletics on a hot summers afternoon is probably just as bad, they forced us to do three 800m races each in 30C heat. I weighed about a stone less from water loss :lol:

Oh God that's horrible! Haha, I'm surprised you're still alive after that. :tongue:
Reply 3986
Original post by Lucas.
Oh God that's horrible! Haha, I'm surprised you're still alive after that. :tongue:

Haha yeah! It was the longest PE lesson of my life :redface:
Reply 3987
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha yeah! It was the longest PE lesson of my life :redface:

I feel sorry for you there haha. :tongue:

I remember we always had to do the 1500m... If you didn't look like you were trying, then you had to do it at lunchtime in front of everyone... :frown:

Cross country was always a good laugh. We had to do 4 laps of our school, and it took the really fast people 30 minutes to do it.. It was so horrible. :frown: BUT every time you did a lap you got given a coloured straw, so teachers knew which lap you were on, and one year (Year 9) it snowed... So we all - I say all, there was about 15 of us out of the 70 people running it - decided to do two laps so we had around 30 straws, and we went up to the top corner of the field which you have to run around, but there were no PE teachers up there to motivate you, and none of them could see up there from where they were standing.

To cut a long story short, we built a massive snow penis and stuck all our straws in it.. It was hilarious at the time. :colondollar:

Looking back on it, it was probably one of the most immature things I have ever done. :biggrin:
Reply 3988
Original post by Lucas.
I feel sorry for you there haha. :tongue:

I remember we always had to do the 1500m... If you didn't look like you were trying, then you had to do it at lunchtime in front of everyone... :frown:

Cross country was always a good laugh. We had to do 4 laps of our school, and it took the really fast people 30 minutes to do it.. It was so horrible. :frown: BUT every time you did a lap you got given a coloured straw, so teachers knew which lap you were on, and one year (Year 9) it snowed... So we all - I say all, there was about 15 of us out of the 70 people running it - decided to do two laps so we had around 30 straws, and we went up to the top corner of the field which you have to run around, but there were no PE teachers up there to motivate you, and none of them could see up there from where they were standing.

To cut a long story short, we built a massive snow penis and stuck all our straws in it.. It was hilarious at the time. :colondollar:

Looking back on it, it was probably one of the most immature things I have ever done. :biggrin:

Haha :lol:

Yes plenty of penis things throughout school! Immature, but it's no fun when you're mature all the time (then again, I don't think we were ever mature!)
Reply 3989
Original post by Tibbz2
Haha :lol:

Yes plenty of penis things throughout school! Immature, but it's no fun when you're mature all the time (then again, I don't think we were ever mature!)

Exactly! I have no regrets about doing all the stupid stuff I did in school. :smile: I'm just glad I made the most of it and had a great time! :tongue:

Why, what stupid stuff have you done? :tongue:
Reply 3990
People start tomorrow? I have enrollment tomorrow then I start on the 9th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3991
Original post by Squidgy
People start tomorrow? I have enrollment tomorrow then I start on the 9th :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I start on the 9th as well. :smile:

I enrolled on August 30th. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3992
Have schools already had Induction days? Or will your first 2 days be induction days?
Also what is induction day :/
Reply 3993
Original post by KirenA
Have schools already had Induction days? Or will your first 2 days be induction days?
Also what is induction day :/

Well I had an Intro day ages ago, back on July 2nd, which was kind of like an induction day I guess.. But not everyone who went was definitely going to the college, so I don't know if it was our actual induction day or not.

It depends on the place you go to, you might have one, you might not. :tongue:

Well my induction day to my high school was basically a day where I got to go and check it out and have lessons and it was a total doss. You basically get to try it out for a day (kind of like a taster day) and you don't have to do anything whatsoever. :tongue: I'm sure there's a real definition somewhere, but that's what I did. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2
Oh lord I hope our school don't dictate our activities, knowing how bad they are at doing everything else it will be the worst possible scenario :s-smilie:

haha we don't have to do any of them, it's just to see what you can sign up for
Original post by L'Evil Fish
You made me jealous. Tomorrow shall be great!:biggrin:

Well good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 3996
Forgot how much I hate waking up early :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HeyThereHarry
Well good luck! :biggrin:

Leaning in 15 minutes!:colone:
6th form is amazing
Original post by L'Evil Fish