The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 500
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
I called them today to confirm if the further evidence I'm gonna be sending was enough and asked the guy how long it'll take. He said that today they were dealing with evidence from 2nd August, so erm I guess you can base it on that. You should maybe call em just to confirm if youre worried I guess.

Hmm yh that what I was thinking, but im worried I may not get any bursary from warwick because my student finance has taken so long :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed warwick about bursaries as my student will be late and they say they award them until July 2014 so you will recieve it just not when you start

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Is there a way to request your enrollment number? I've been having problems with my email and I can't find an email with the number in it so I can't enroll online until I find it and the deadline is 2 days away.
What is that enrollment e-mail everyone's talking about? I haven't received anything yet. (I'm an EU student)
I presumed it was either the offer email or the confirmation email, and I can't find either in my email and other than that, I haven't received any other than a welcome booklet kind of thing through the post.
Reply 504
When you upload your picture, is the picture that it shows meant to be very low quality and kind of fuzzy?
Reply 505
Original post by jakwob12
When you upload your picture, is the picture that it shows meant to be very low quality and kind of fuzzy?

Mine went like this! haha but it says 'accepted' so I assume it was fine?! :s-smilie:
Reply 506
Original post by Naami
Does Warwick provide a student discount for MS Office?

Not directly, but as a student (usually based on a university email address) you will be eligible for student versions of Office. There's the very decent Office 365 University offer: 4 years of online access plus offline software (including future updates) for less than £60 including 20GB cloud storage on Skydrive and 60min monthly international skype out minutes (mostly to landline phones). In the official Microsoft UK store you get a year of Xbox Live Gold as well if you want, on other websites it's a couple of pound cheaper without receiving the xbox live offer.

Original post by Pterodactyl
Really? I was unable to upload a picture as it wouldn't accept any of them and I emailed and they said: "Once you receive your email you will be able to upload a photo to Photo ID, enrol online and create an ITS account. Your Warwick Student ID will be in your enrolment email.

Please note you will not be able to enrol online until you receive your enrolment email, please do not try to access the system before you have received your email."

On another note, do we have to bring ID? As I don't have any valid photo ID.

If you're not uploading a photo id in time, you're likely to not be able to collect your student id card at official enrolment. Not too much of an issue, you'll get it a few days later (at most two weeks I guess), but a bit of a hassle for entering the library etc.

To collect your student id, you need a valid photo ID.
Original post by Pterodactyl
Yes, I emailed to get my Warwick ID Number to do just that, however once I enrolled I wasn't able to upload a photo.

I managed to upload a photo and enrol without any problems...
Original post by Mastermind2
I managed to upload a photo and enrol without any problems...

I've now managed to upload my photo too, I was trying to upload it from my phone and it was horizontal so it wasn't working. One less thing to worry about...

Original post by grt

If you're not uploading a photo id in time, you're likely to not be able to collect your student id card at official enrolment. Not too much of an issue, you'll get it a few days later (at most two weeks I guess), but a bit of a hassle for entering the library etc.

To collect your student id, you need a valid photo ID.

Ah that's a bit of a pain, I'll have to try to rush to get my passport sorted out then.
My stress is over, I rang up admissions and they gave me my student number. Saved!
What do we do about student finance now? It says I will receive the money within 3-4 working days of my university verifying my place but when will this happen? Shouldn't warwick have already verified I'm going there? I don't want to turn up and have no money and not know what to do :frown:

Edit: Also, what do I do now in regards to student finance on the warwick website? Do I update my debit card on there now? It won't start taking money out of my bank will it?!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 511
Original post by Nirgilis
This information will not be finalised until the month/two months before the actual exams. There are defined exam periods however, if you would like to know those? :smile: . They're pretty unoriginal when it comes to organising them, so you know first year exams will be week 5-7/8 of the summer term for example :tongue:

Yeah, i'm only bothered about the summer sessions. So weeks 5-8, cheers once again!
Original post by Ryan Gregg
What do we do about student finance now? It says I will receive the money within 3-4 working days of my university verifying my place but when will this happen? Shouldn't warwick have already verified I'm going there? I don't want to turn up and have no money and not know what to do :frown:

I'm fairly sure its within 3-4 days of the university verifying you are attending, ie you actually turn up and are there.
Reply 513
We won't be able to enrol until 11th Sept right? It's just the photo upload we have to do before Friday?
Original post by s_axo
Mine went like this! haha but it says 'accepted' so I assume it was fine?! :s-smilie:

Was your pic a passport pic or did you just take it from your phone?
Original post by FrustratedGirl
Was your pic a passport pic or did you just take it from your phone?

I took mine last year with a phone.

it's fine as long as your face is clear, and your expression is neutral, and theres good lighting.
Original post by tehforum
I took mine last year with a phone.

it's fine as long as your face is clear, and your expression is neutral, and theres good lighting.

So, could it be any pic that shows your face and has good lighting? - What if your position is not straight and your body is tilted? I really do not want to upload my passport pic...
Original post by FrustratedGirl
So, could it be any pic that shows your face and has good lighting? - What if your position is not straight and your body is tilted? I really do not want to upload my passport pic...

yeah pretty much

at least try to make an effort with the orientation
Original post by tehforum
yeah pretty much

at least try to make an effort with the orientation

Oh, thank you!!

YES, MY PIC HAS BEEN ACCEPTED!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nirgilis
Nice to see you back here! :jumphug: . How's the job going? :colone:

Hehe, as TTO says, it happens all the time. The champions league final this year, there wasn't two rows of computers in the library that didn't have at least one stream of it running :rolleyes: (bearing in mind this was middle of exam revision period :lol: )

Busy :h:

Quick Reply

Latest