The Student Room Group

Chemical/Civil Engineering Clearing inquiries

Thanks for clicking,

Context: I am an international student interested in going through clearing into a chemical/civil engineering course. I already have two offers (firmed warwick and insured university of manchester but for a different course) and I am predicted (and most likely will achieve) 4 A*s in Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.

I can't take a gap year, sadly.

1) Does anyone have the list of universities that offered clearing for chemical/civil engineering last year (on results day)?

2) Currently UCAS shows that The Universities Of Edinburgh, Bath, Birmingham, Leeds, Southampton, Nottingham and Manchester (Only their website) may have places through clearing, but is it even likely that these places would still be available on results day?

3) Do I have to withdraw my application before results day to go through clearing or is it possible after Warwick confirms my place? Also can I call universities on results day to apply for places while still holding my warwick offer or do I have to reject it first?
No one will know if places will still be available in clearing or not by results day. You need to wait for results day and then decide if you wish to decline your place (if it has been confirmed) at Warick. Please read the following clearing FAQ megathread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7375264
If you have a firm offer for a course you are not now interested in, then you will need to reject the offers and enter clearing. Only then can you apply to the other universities that you list. Clearing is open now. Thus, if you are interested in going to - say - Birmingham to study Civil Engineering, you will then be able to apply and get a conditional offer. Don't wait until results day - it will be chaotic.
Original post by mike23mike
If you have a firm offer for a course you are not now interested in, then you will need to reject the offers and enter clearing. Only then can you apply to the other universities that you list. Clearing is open now. Thus, if you are interested in going to - say - Birmingham to study Civil Engineering, you will then be able to apply and get a conditional offer. Don't wait until results day - it will be chaotic.

This is incorrect. Applicants can't release into clearing when their offers are still conditional. Only those holding an firm unconditional place can release into clearing. The OP will need to wait until they have their results.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending