The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick POSTGRADUATE applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Squigot
Seems fine. What resources would you suggest to find a flat? There's not much on gumtree, and a little more on Houseshare. Does the uni provide help for off-campus accomodations?

The uni do provide help for off-campus with a £250 deposit (registration end 31st july, they sent an email about this) You can also use sites like rightmove.co.uk or zoopla.co.uk .Lastly, since I'm an international student I seek help from my country student society.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 41
Original post by Squigot
Seems fine. What resources would you suggest to find a flat? There's not much on gumtree, and a little more on Houseshare. Does the uni provide help for off-campus accomodations?

Have a look at http://www.warwicksu.com/forums/topiclist/630/ where there are some people with rooms available to take.
Reply 42
I've accepted an offer for the MPhil in Philosophy! If anyone is in the same boat, feel free to get in touch :smile:.
Reply 43
I just got my conditional offer for MSc. Logistics and Supply Chain. :colondollar: Looking for accommodation options people. Any advice for an international student about how much cash to budget for after paying rent and utility bills?
Reply 44
Hi everyone!
Anyone from MSc Media and Communications?

Same here with all the worries about accommodation. I picked all available for postgrads first in my application, but now it seems like the campus is undergrad territory and all "mature and seasoned":u: live in Leamington Spa.

Will probably wait for the letter from accommodation services anyway, see what they offer..
Reply 45
An the conditional letter has been followed by an unconditional offer!! I decided to live on campus just to make commute quick and easy for me.

Original post by Qafui
I just got my conditional offer for MSc. Logistics and Supply Chain. :colondollar: Looking for accommodation options people. Any advice for an international student about how much cash to budget for after paying rent and utility bills?
Reply 46
Hi,

Any students for International Economic Law commencing in Sept 2013?

Students for LLM could hit base too. Would be good knowing people from our cohort before we commence.

Regards

Ahmed.
Reply 47
Also looking for accommodation still if anyone has a spare room, ideally as close as possible to the uni!

Anyone interested just pm
Reply 48
I'm still waiting for a decision - put in a late application. It is driving me crazy!
I was going to do sociology then I figured it was cheaper to just buy a copy of Take A Break.
Original post by laide15
Hey I intend to apply for business analytics and consulting?...nyone ve insights about the course..is it very mathematical? Thanks

hi there i had friends in that program. warwick business school in general is a little quant obsessed. however its a great program nevertheless and shouldn't be too crazy with math ( i mean it would have stats though)..

hope this helps :smile:
Original post by maple1736
Got conditional offer for Msc Accounting and Finance. It's quite a new master so does anyone got some insights to share?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of the modules are the same as the other finance and core finance courses. Very heavy on math (well except for the accounting side of course)! :smile:
Original post by lisab123
Is anyone here applying to do an L.L.M at Warwick? I'm moving from Ireland and have no clue about the univeristy or surrounding areas with regards accomodation but from what I've read Leamington Spa seems to be a nice area and probably cheapoer the campus.

Campus accom ... funnily enough... is more pricey than the off campus accom. Leam is probably the best choice if you don't mind the distance. Coventry is closer (but the area is terrible I have been there before and I found it horrific!)
Reply 53
Original post by cheese_cake
Campus accom ... funnily enough... is more pricey than the off campus accom. Leam is probably the best choice if you don't mind the distance. Coventry is closer (but the area is terrible I have been there before and I found it horrific!)

Yeah, Canley is a bit... interesting. There are some areas that are better, particularly the Cannon Park area, which is quite nice, and mostly full of pensioners (and really convenient for everything).
Reply 54
I will be in tile hill. It looks a bit isolated but the place is very nice!
Reply 55
Original post by Squigot
I will be in tile hill. It looks a bit isolated but the place is very nice!

Sorry but Tile Hill is not nice.
Hi,

Starting the MA 'Writing' too, anyone know how many people are on the programme, and any mature students like me?

Regards,

Steve
Original post by bellerachel
Hi, I received an off for an MA in Writing. Anyone else on this course? I'm also worrying about accommodation! :redface:

Sorry if my reply has appeared anywhere else guys...

anyone else on the MA 'Writing'?
Reply 58
Original post by meenu89
Sorry but Tile Hill is not nice.

What do you mean? Is it not safe at night or more that it's ugly?
Anyway I meant to say that the flat where i'm staying is very nice.
Reply 59
hey!
starting International Economic Law (LLM) this sept!! has anyone received offers for on campus accommodation? i applied way before the deadline and i still haven't heard back from them. Im i the only one who is slightly worried?

Quick Reply

Latest