The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4420
Original post by Toriar
Sounds interesting, I didn't learn about that at GCSE. I got my timetable last night and I don't have sociology until Tuesday :frown: I'm looking forward to it :smile:

My next lesson is also on Tuesday haha..
Original post by sr-96
Why so afraid?:dontknow:
Congrats by the way!:tongue:

I've stopped posting now as much :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I've stopped posting now as much :tongue:

Same :P
How do you guys find a bag in which everything fits?

We need to have a folder for every subject+ books+ paper+pencil case+lunch+ whatever other crap I need....

My bag is strained to breaking point...
Reply 4424
Original post by Glitch96
We're actually pretty well off just for being in England, everyone just tends to over think every little thing that at the end of the day doesn't really matter.

Me too, there's no point crying over spilled milk... I think that's how it goes :tongue: I'm pretty relaxed and I rarely get angry over anything because it can't change anything, just look ahead! But I can't play any instrument :/ I desperately want to learn the piano/keyboard though.

I strive for perfection most of the time which can get pretty annoying, but If I don't get it then I accept it as it just wasn't meant to be. Maybe not the for same thing but you can always try again.

Either that or the shower xD And of course the best place to spend your Friday night is the TSR year 12 thread :cool:

Yeah I know right? Everyone seems to hate England so much... I honestly love it here. There's only a few other places in the world I'd rather be... Either Canada, or somewhere like Norway/Sweden/Finland. :tongue:

That is how the saying goes. :wink: Exactly, especially if it's something insignificant. :tongue: Learn how to play piano then. :tongue: I can play piano/keyboard, although only very basically. I know simple theory, and like I know what sound each key makes... I just can't play anything amazing. :tongue: Piano is probably one of the easiest instruments to learn by ear.

I'm exactly the same! Although I don't really try for perfection haha. :tongue:

The best place to spend every night is the Year 12 thread. :wink:
Reply 4425
The fact that I don't have so much homework is so good :h:
Reply 4426
How're we finding it guys? I'm doing Biology (quite hard, had a test on organic molecules, but fun and interesting), Chemistry (haven't really started, just did a test on GCSE re-cap), Maths (quite straightforward because my class did Add Maths so it makes it quite simple so far), and French (so interesting and pleasantly challenging). I like all the external students and the classmates! So much work though :frown:
Reply 4427
Original post by Dannyboy1236

We need to have a folder for every subject+ books+ paper+pencil case+lunch+ whatever other crap I need....

Gosh, I know! I'm using a backpack and it's fitting everything so far, although I carry one folder, but I haven't gotten my books yet so we'll see how that works out. Outrageous, we don't have lockers!
Reply 4428
Original post by Dannyboy1236

Do you have to take all of that in at the same time?

I have a relatively small bag, and I'm planning on taking in one folder (with four plastic wallets for each subject to put sheets in, which I can empty into my subject specific folders when I get home), 4 books (one for each subject), a pencil case and a hoodie which will most likely be stuffed at the bottom of my bag every day, but it's there if I need it, and I have more than enough space left in my bag. :tongue:
Reply 4429
Original post by Georgiecat
What were you studying?

maths, chem, physics and biology :biggrin: you?
Reply 4430
Half an hour to highlight 9 pages in my textbook, wow.
Original post by pathosL
maths, chem, physics and biology :biggrin: you?

I mean in biology class :tongue: Sorry, I didn't make that too clear! But as for subjects I'm doing bio, chem, maths and geog.
Reply 4432
Original post by Mr.Nor
Half an hour to highlight 9 pages in my textbook, wow.

What were you highlighting? :tongue:
Reply 4433
Original post by Lucas.
What were you highlighting? :tongue:

Film text book, I never want to see the word camera or shot again...
Reply 4434
Original post by Mr.Nor
Film text book, I never want to see the word camera or shot again...

Oh wow hahaha, so glad I didn't take Film Studies. :biggrin:

I was going to take it over Maths...
Reply 4435
Original post by Lucas.
Oh wow hahaha, so glad I didn't take Film Studies. :biggrin:

I was going to take it over Maths...

It's actually really interesting!
Reply 4436
Original post by Mr.Nor
It's actually really interesting!

Highlighting doesn't sound like fun though. :frown:

What do you even do? Is it literally just studying Films? Or is there more to it? I didn't properly look into it. :biggrin:
Reply 4437
Original post by Lucas.
Highlighting doesn't sound like fun though. :frown:

What do you even do? Is it literally just studying Films? Or is there more to it? I didn't properly look into it. :biggrin:

That's part of it, but like you learn about the making off, behind the scenes, history of film etc etc
Reply 4438
Original post by Mr.Nor
That's part of it, but like you learn about the making off, behind the scenes, history of film etc etc

Oh right, that doesn't sound too bad I guess. :smile:

How are you finding Sociology?
Reply 4439
Original post by Lucas.
Oh right, that doesn't sound too bad I guess. :smile:

How are you finding Sociology?

Alright so far! Haven't done anything too tedious yet :h:

Latest