The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Je déteste un prof qui m'enseigne :colonhash:

That sounds horrible. Why do you not like him?
Original post by Decerto
That sounds horrible. Why do you not like him?

Her :colone:

She's horrid. Boring. Can't teach. Annoying. Whiny.
Her :colone:

She's horrid. Boring. Can't teach. Annoying. Whiny.

Sounds like my old geography teacher, but she isn't whiny, she was just never there or just sat on her laptop responding to emails. Luckily, for my AS in World Development, I get a new teacher.
Original post by Decerto
Sounds like my old geography teacher, but she isn't whiny, she was just never there or just sat on her laptop responding to emails. Luckily, for my AS in World Development, I get a new teacher.

This one 'teaches' just badly.

Well, ours never "taught", so I wouldn't know.
Thought I'd let you all know- got an A in my French GCSE. Not bad for a one year course where the best students would get a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7446
Original post by Obiejess
Thought I'd let you all know- got an A in my French GCSE. Not bad for a one year course where the best students would get a C!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one! I'm starting a one year Italian course, I hope I can do that well :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7447

Just a word of warning: you need to be more careful about what you say about people at school and teachers, since I would say you're pretty easily identifiable. Don't want any awkward/embarrassing situations at any point!

Also, you seem to have missed AquisM's hint that you don't 'sais' people, you 'connais' them. :tongue:

PS You'll be glad of your 2-hour free as soon as you've got to know some people. :smile:
Reply 7448

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! That's an amazing feat! You must be very talented at languages. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7449
Original post by constantmeowage
You could also have '...que je rigole ?' Rigoler means to fool or joke around :smile:

Oh, okay. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ronove
Just a word of warning: you need to be more careful about what you say about people at school and teachers, since I would say you're pretty easily identifiable. Don't want any awkward/embarrassing situations at any point!

Also, you seem to have missed AquisM's hint that you don't 'sais' people, you 'connais' them. :tongue:

PS You'll be glad of your 2-hour free as soon as you've got to know some people. :smile:

C'est vrai :tongue: bien que si il y ait une personne qui utilise TSR puis, nous avons quelques choses * in common :tongue:

Oh oui :colondollar: alors, see this anxiety and dreading school has deteriorated my French further!:tongue:

Je l'espère... :redface:
Je ne dois pas rester à lycée quand je n'ai pas les leçons? Parce que je finis a 1:30 demain...

No point staying till 3:40 is there?!:lolwut:
Reply 7452

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Will you contribute to the year ten thread now!? :tongue:
Reply 7453
Je ne dois pas rester à lycée quand je n'ai pas les leçons? Parce que je finis a 1:30 demain...

No point staying till 3:40 is there?!:lolwut:

You are made to stay? :lolwut:
Reply 7454
Original post by Gilo98
You are made to stay? :lolwut:

I'm pretty sure we were made to stay for the first year until everyone complained enough to be allowed to leave an hour or two early if you had frees at the end of the school day, in Year 13. That was probably only because people had been allowed to leave previously and we had a new Head of Sixth when I started Year 12. Some places do have a policy of making you stay the whole day. The general idea I think is that a) they want you to be working during free periods and b) they can't keep track of who should be leaving and who shouldn't when people can just freely come and go (but then it was a fairly large school with multiple entrances and exits, a smaller one with a central entrance/exit would be easier to control).
Original post by Ronove
I'm pretty sure we were made to stay for the first year until everyone complained enough to be allowed to leave an hour or two early if you had frees at the end of the school day, in Year 13. That was probably only because people had been allowed to leave previously and we had a new Head of Sixth when I started Year 12. Some places do have a policy of making you stay the whole day. The general idea I think is that a) they want you to be working during free periods and b) they can't keep track of who should be leaving and who shouldn't when people can just freely come and go (but then it was a fairly large school with multiple entrances and exits, a smaller one with a central entrance/exit would be easier to control).

Whatever, I'm just gonna leave :frown:
Original post by Krollo
Nice one! I'm starting a one year Italian course, I hope I can do that well :ahee:

Italian is easy, it's the body language that goes alongside that isn't so easy :tongue:
Reply 7457
Original post by Ronove

Suppose it differs then, my brothers college let him leave between lessons, go when he's finished his lessons for the day etc. but then he doesn't go to like a sixth form, school place. (dont know the proper names for the!) he goes to a 'standard' college :smile:
I just found out the term 'Blighty' actually comes from Urdu :eek: That's one for the Christmas Party...
Original post by constantmeowage
I just found out the term 'Blighty' actually comes from Urdu :eek: That's one for the Christmas Party...

I always thought it came from Persian and Arabic... :s-smilie:

Edit: Wiki agrees although it does also say it came from India too and Urdu is from India right so yeah :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending