Original post by techno836
:redface: .. must say i'm rather jealous :lol:

Most are in the afternoon too hehe :wink:
Reply 4742
Original post by Mr.Nor
Most are in the afternoon too hehe :wink:

haha i'd personally rather have them in the morning :tongue:
Original post by Glitch96
Hey night owl, I'm sure you'll be fine :wink: are you going to sixth form with any of your friends or is it all new?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha xD It turned out alright, but a lot of information given on the first day :/
Yeah I'm going to my school's sixth form. It's actually pretty good :smile:
I actually like sixth form, most of the teachers treat us like we're grown ups & they treat the younger years with less respect. I can get used to this *lies back* xP
Reply 4745
I love chemistry and Biology I'll be doing both to A2 :love: plus i need them for medicine :lol: I'm aiming to get an A* in Maths and at least chemistry or biology :yep:

Ah yes, very helpful if you like them and are doing medicine :smile:

I'm keeping myself away from medicine, but it's never interested me to be honest, I'm more of a Physics guy :lol:
Reply 4746
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
I actually like sixth form, most of the teachers treat us like we're grown ups & they treat the younger years with less respect. I can get used to this *lies back* xP

Same, our classes are smaller and they're more informal in a way and the teachers are far more approachable, which helps with the difficulty!
Reply 4747
haha i'd personally rather have them in the morning :tongue:

I started at 11 today haha
Reply 4748
Original post by Tibbz2
Ah yes, very helpful if you like them and are doing medicine :smile:

I'm keeping myself away from medicine, but it's never interested me to be honest, I'm more of a Physics guy :lol:

Yeah i remember you telling me :h:
Original post by Mr.Nor
I started at 11 today haha

Okay let's not rub it in! :lol:
Original post by iLOVEmusic1234
Haha xD It turned out alright, but a lot of information given on the first day :/ Yeah I'm going to my school's sixth form. It's actually pretty good :smile:

Nice to hear! There wasn't much info given to us, mainly warm ups relating to the topic to get us in the spirit of things. Now that I think about it, I don't even know what units we're doing in Math and they've already mentioned uni though :K:

I finally don't get pushed around in the corridors xD Wearing your own clothes in the halls is like a badge of honor *looks slick* :cool:
Original post by Infinity_4652
All the best for your first day on tuesday!

There were 30 people in my physics class, but 5 of them have been put in another class.
First lesson - a massive class in a tiny room, so you can imagine the chaos.

No, i've forgotten everything over the summer!
I havent been revising at all throughout august, so now i just feel so-not-looking-forward to be revising again all of what i did in the past year.
I've lost my revision mood and im still feeling lazy.
But i love my subjects, so will hopefully keep me motivated!

Thank you! Quite nervous to meet my new classes!

Wow that's quite a bit class, makes sense that they were moved to another class. Yeah I bet that didn't work out of well!

Haha, I think I've forgotten loads too but lots should come back to us, or I hope! Yeah, gosh don't want to think about the horrid revision process! I'm always lazy hence my failure last year :tongue: yeah that should do it!

Is your second week getting off to a good start? I had my induction day today.

Annoyingly the trains were delayed by 30m, although cant be too negative as someone did lose their life. But that resulted in everyone else's day to have a bad start.
Made a couple of friends - or remade as I met them on the open day.

During the day we had a talk by the Principle, tour around the school, IT inductions (got our ID cards) and an LRC induction. Found out my Tutor form is only for the enrolment process which means I might lose contact with my friends. Tomorrow I go to form for 30mins, get my timetable then off to lessons and that's the future - lessons, lessons, lessons. And some football, althought after today's weather today I wish I never signed up for football!*
For my classical civilisation paper:
A352/H,etc the website doesn't say the overall grade boundaries (J280)

Anybody know how I can find this?

*Urgent

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick review of my first day: First Biology teacher was good; and taught well the first lesson; Vitamin C experiment. Two chemistry teachers- good; but a lot stricter! Went over atoms and ish....have to do Chemistry homework; so I'll return...later...:tongue:
Well I've now had a lesson with both my maths teachers, and can conclude that neither of them can teach... :eek: slightly panicking now!!
Reply 4754
Holy ****! Pardon my French, but today was ****ing awesome!

Period One - 9:05-10:30 // Sociology: We just spent half of the lesson getting to know each other, and the other half we had to do some task where we had to pretend 380 people got stuck on a desert island because of a plane crash, and we had to decide how we would start a whole new society... Was pretty interesting.
I'm not with any of my friends, although there are some girls that came from my school, although one of them I hate so much, and the other one I've never spoken to, so I just sat by myself. Hopefully I'll make some friends, the group seems nice, and has about 20 people in it. :biggrin:
The teacher is a tiny bit weird, by very friendly. She seems like should could be a feminist though.. Something about her.
Homework-wise, I got given loads of stuff to do. Most of it however is reading, and seeing as my next lesson is tomorrow, I'm going to get that done tonight.

Period Two - 10:45-12:10 // Tutorial: Tutorial is only half of the period, either the first or second half. So, because mine was the second half, I essentially had half of a free period. I spent it with all my friends who had actual free periods and we did a bit of exploring. :tongue:
When I actually had Tutorial, it was a bit of a doss. My tutor just spoke for the whole 40 minutes, telling us what Tutorial is all about. It's not like Tutorial/Tutor Time/Form Time at other schools.. Our Tutor is just a Tutor, and doesn't teach any subjects, and they're there for us more personally and other things like that. Didn't pay much attention. He seems pretty cool though.
Again, my class has about 20 people in it, but my tutor said that he will usually email us all individually, letting us know if we actually need to turn up or not. Usually only 5 people will see him at a time.
I was in there with a girl I talk to from my old school, so it was okay. :smile:
Homework-wise, just have to email my Tutor loads of personal details.

Period Three - 12:55-14:20 // German: Possibly the best and worst lesson so far. There's only 7 of us in there. 3 other boys and 3 other girls, two of which came from my school. :smile:
Teacher wasn't there for half of the lesson, and because the class was tiny, we all spoke to each other and got on so well, which I loved. I think I might have made a new friend already. :wink:
Work wise, we did a few tests. Turns out everyone that isn't from my school is actually almost fluent in German.. I thought I was actually pretty good, but I'm so bad compared to everyone else. :biggrin:
Homework, I have to prepare for a class speech about anything I want, but it obviously has to be in German... This will be a challenge. :frown:

Period Four - 14:35-16:00 // Psychology/Enrichment Signing Up: I was meant to have Psychology, but instead we had to sign up for an enrichment activity. I signed up for music. There was a little talk afterwards but it didn't seem that important so I decided to leave, get something to eat, and just wait extra long for the train. :biggrin:

So yeah, pretty good day. :biggrin:

I'll take a picture of my timetable in a minute if you all want to see it. :tongue:
Original post by Glitch96
Nice to hear! There wasn't much info given to us, mainly warm ups relating to the topic to get us in the spirit of things. Now that I think about it, I don't even know what units we're doing in Math and they've already mentioned uni though :K:

I finally don't get pushed around in the corridors xD Wearing your own clothes in the halls is like a badge of honor *looks slick* :cool:

Woah, they've already mentioned Uni? Then it MUST be serious :redface:
I know right!! You feel like you have more freedom and can dominate the other years haha. I get the occasional look/stare from certain year groups, but they really can't do much to me LOOOL :biggrin: XD
Loving sixth form! Piles of work though...:work:
Original post by Peaches & Cream
Loving sixth form! Piles of work though...:work:

Tell me about it... I've been in lessons for four days and received two pieces of hour-long homework every single day... it's mostly enjoyable, but it really is difficult!
Reply 4758
I have double history tomorrow can't wait honestly
Reply 4759
MEI maths and Further .... Hello person :colone:

and i've added you :h:

Latest