Scroll to see replies

Reply 5000
Edit: Ignore this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5001
Original post by Leechayy
You do MEI too? :awesome:How far you gotten into it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well lets see were just finishing chapter 1, and then there is the entrance test on Wednesday (for everybody except me really :lol: )
Original post by Lucas.
Edit: Ignore this.

Tough.

From the beginning, Couldn't you just imagine there are 2 of those pairs of brackets, expand them, then times whatever you get by 2, then simplify?
Reply 5003
Original post by Glitch96
Tough.

From the beginning, Couldn't you just imagine there are 2 of those pairs of brackets, expand them, then times whatever you get by 2, then simplify?

My teacher said to substitute, but didn't tell us anything else... So want to try and do it that way. Doesn't matter any more though, the program I was using froze and so I have to do it again with a random question.

My teacher wrote a program called Maths Brain, and he insists that we use it for everything but it's really **** and keeps freezing all the time and it really gets on my nerves. I'll probably be back in a minute with another question. -.-

If you're interested, the answer I got was 3x412x3+18x212x+1x3x^4 - 12x^3 + 18x^2 - 12x + \frac{1}{x}. I don't have a clue if it's right and I have no way of checking.. But like I said it doesn't even matter now. :mad:

Thanks anyway. :tongue:
Original post by Lucas.
My teacher said to substitute, but didn't tell us anything else... So want to try and do it that way. Doesn't matter any more though, the program I was using froze and so I have to do it again with a random question.

My teacher wrote a program called Maths Brain, and he insists that we use it for everything but it's really **** and keeps freezing all the time and it really gets on my nerves. I'll probably be back in a minute with another question. -.-

If you're interested, the answer I got was 3x412x3+18x212x+1x3x^4 - 12x^3 + 18x^2 - 12x + \frac{1}{x}. I don't have a clue if it's right and I have no way of checking.. But like I said it doesn't even matter now. :mad:

Thanks anyway. :tongue:

You like your teacher though? I have to avoid eye contact with my Math teachers, otherwise I will get destroyed for not putting workings out for finding the y intercept of a line in y = mx + c formation, how is that even possible...

I'm looking at the question that you edited out, and i'm like lolwut, I have no idea how you'd get that answer :s-smilie: And the software can't be that bad, I mean all it has to do is generate a question, workings out and an answer?

There's so much to learn in Math A level, my homework is on perpendicular lines and I've completely forgotten how to do even that :colondollar: Little support from school as usual though, they thought it was worth mentioning an E is still a pass in assembly, but in the next breath they ask for oxbridge hopefuls to come forward? xD
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5005
No homework left for the weekend :biggrin: time to chill for rest of the day and read my chemistry textbook later :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 5006
Original post by Glitch96
You like your teacher though? I have to avoid eye contact with my Math teachers, otherwise I will get disowned for not putting workings out for finding the y intercept of a line in y = mx + c formation, how is that even possible...

I'm looking at the question that you edited out, and i'm like lolwut, I have no idea how you'd get that answer :s-smilie: And the software can't be that bad, I mean all it has to do is generate a question, workings out and an answer?

There's so much to learn in Math A level, my homework is on perpendicular lines and I've completely forgotten how to do even that :colondollar: Little support from school as usual though, they thought it was worth mentioning an E is still a pass in assembly, but in the next breath they ask for oxbridge hopefuls to come forward? xD

Oh yeah I think he's great, but his program is just generally pretty ****ty and just sucks overall. I'd rather something I could physically do... Hahaha, my teachers encourage us to write as little as possible. :cool:

Neither do I to be honest... I might just leave it and tell him that I can't do it on Monday. I don't see him until Thursday so I've got plenty of time to do it, plus I have Decision on Tuesday so I could always talk to my Decision teacher about it. :smile: Well, you'd think that, but I have no idea why but it just freezes all the time, so anything I have worked on just disappears, which realllllllly pisses me off. :mad:

Hahaha, sounds terrible. :tongue: It's so annoying when schools do that, my old school were exactly the same. They liked to emphasise the fact that a G is still a pass.. just not a very good pass.. :rolleyes:
Reply 5007
Edit: Ignore this too. I've done it. :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Feeling crappy because of my cold and can't bring myself to do any homework :frown: I want to get it out of the way but I want to slob about more...
Although I did teach myself chemistry so I guess that's okay
Reply 5009
Original post by mollyh77
Feeling crappy because of my cold and can't bring myself to do any homework :frown: I want to get it out of the way but I want to slob about more...
Although I did teach myself chemistry so I guess that's okay

:console: get well soon :h: and yeah i felt like this morning about my biology homework, i powered through though :h: just gonna read my chemistry book before bed :h:

what did you teach yourself in chemistry :smile:
Original post by techno836
:console: get well soon :h: and yeah i felt like this morning about my biology homework, i powered through though :h: just gonna read my chemistry book before bed :h:

what did you teach yourself in chemistry :smile:

thank yooou :frown: took some paracetamol and it's sort of helping, might go something now :smile: haha, it's biology i;m avoiding now! i just can't be bothered to learn about breathing, it's boringgggggg :boring:

ooh about orbitals and electronic configurations and that :biggrin: we're doing about emission/absorption spectrum and E = hf in class, but we've only started that so i taught myself some of that tooooooo
i feel really good about it hahah
now to get motivated in the same way about bio...
Reply 5011
Original post by mollyh77
thank yooou :frown: took some paracetamol and it's sort of helping, might go something now :smile: haha, it's biology i;m avoiding now! i just can't be bothered to learn about breathing, it's boringgggggg :boring:

ooh about orbitals and electronic configurations and that :biggrin: we're doing about emission/absorption spectrum and E = hf in class, but we've only started that so i taught myself some of that tooooooo
i feel really good about it hahah
now to get motivated in the same way about bio...

Ooo i self taught that in the holidays so when we did it in class i knew all about it ;D :lol: it does make you feel proud when you understand something you've taught yourself :yep:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Fair enough, but it's still so boring :lol: I mean, what do you learn that no one else can do?

HACK EVERYTHING

Spoiler

Original post by Mr.Nor
My top 3 songs are I Wanna Be Yours, No 1 Party Anthem + Do I Wanna Know?.

It's my 3rd favourite this year so far, first being the brilliant masterpiece that is Tales of Us by Goldfrapp and second being Holy Fire by Foals....

Also according to Last Fm, AM is my most played Arctic Monkeys album :teehee:

Haven't heard holy Fire, I'll have to check it out, and I wanna be yours is a class album
Reply 5013
anyone doing maths, further maths, chemistry physics & biology?
Reply 5014
Original post by pathosL
anyone doing maths, further maths, chemistry physics & biology?

Meee :biggrin: :h:
Reply 5015
Original post by techno836
Meee :biggrin: :h:

:colone: have you made a revision timetable?
Posted from TSR Mobile

The extent of my binary knowledge is what the letters A and B are, so my skills are pretty poor :redface:

I've never heard of Pascal syntax before, and if I'm honest I'm at the point of begging my teacher for proper lesson topics, instead of learning what a G.U.I is.

I did do a sort of taster in java and python coding online which seemed interesting as well as being easy to comprehend. Fingers crossed the A2 coursework programming project will be a walk in the park. What resources are using to learn python?
Reply 5017
For my Psychology homework I have to write up a side of A4 on something interesting that is related to psychology...

So what could I write about? :tongue: I really want to write about Albert Fish... but I'm not too sure how I can relate him to psychology... :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cmorga1
Thanks very much! :biggrin:

The copying up notes suggestion sounds really useful, i'll have to get copying right away haha, thanks for the revision tips too :smile:

You're very welcome! :biggrin: I'm glad that I could help. (sorry this is a bit late, I think Sixth Form is trying to kill me with homework).
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
I do! I’d say about 30-40% of my school get the train, there’s not a school in the village I live in so pretty much everyone gets the train/bus to school, though with both there can be a fair bit of hassle involving changing trains/buses to get to certain schools and colleges :tongue: The public transport isn’t great, and not very regular, but it’s the most practical option. How do you get to school :tongue:? I will do indeed! Oh dear indeed, that does sound awful :/ Oh I know, I’m happy with the way I keep stuff, I have my own little organisational plan and I’m happy with it, but at least at uni they allow you to be a little more independent regarding it

You poor thing :/ I’ve never ever had double PE at school, it’s great :biggrin: Are you still alive?? Ah dear. That’s quite silly, lockers should be free. Ours are like swimming pool ones, where you leave a £1 deposit in them, however people bag them and leave their stuff in overnight and over the holidays, so no one else can use them, and there are about 100 and there are around 250-ish people in Sixth Form :/

Really? That seems pretty weird to me, but awesome all the same! I live in a village without a secondary school too - I either get the bus into the nearest town and then walk about a mile and a half to school, or get a lift with an older friend who has a car :biggrin: but as he's in y13 and can stay at home during frees, he doesn't always plan to arrive/ leave school at the same time as me. So the bus is more normal. I completely understand about the hassle of public transport! The bus I get is a public bus and they're forever running late, or randomly changing the timetable so everyone misses the bus and we all get in trouble at school (as it's a public bus schol never believes it's late. They think we should all get a 'proper school bus', but although the village has one it's like £4.50 a day for a return ticket, which is just far too expensive for lots of families - my family could never pay that for three kids). Yeah, the independance of uni is so much better in so many ways. :smile:

You've never had double PE?? :eek: I had a double and single lesson of PE through years 7, 8 and 9... in y10 it went down to just one double a week and that's what it is in Sixth Form, but still! You are so lucky. I'm not sure on the alive front, I had double fitness last lesson, it felt like I was dying... :frown: Oh yeah, there's nowhere near enough lockers in my school either! None at all in Sixth Form - they're spread around the lower school because by Sixth Form most people are fed up of paying for them and just don't bother any more.

Latest