The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers 2013 Megathread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrimlyFish
Is all the fact that all the freshers stuff is green an intentional joke or completely by chance? :tongue:

Doubt it, it was purple last year, IIRC.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Doesn't being yellow usually mean you're a coward? Going by old wild west films at least...

It does, yes, maybe they were mixed up with that? Like I say though it could be Geordie since there are loads of odd expressions up here :biggrin:
Oh dear... I missed out on the Las Vegas party! I'm absolutely gutted :\
Will there be a resale for these tickets too? *sigh*
Reply 1143
This is probably a really obvious question but how do our tickets to events work? Like I know I've bought them but do we get physical versions or are they put on our cards or something?

Also is having plants in our rooms weird? My sister did and it made it much more homely :tongue:
Reply 1144
Original post by Callum17
This is probably a really obvious question but how do our tickets to events work? Like I know I've bought them but do we get physical versions or are they put on our cards or something?

Also is having plants in our rooms weird? My sister did and it made it much more homely :tongue:

Yup all tickets are electronic and are on our university cards when we pick them up on arrivals weekend.

And plants aren't weird! I'm not really a plant-type of person (I always forget to water them and then they die :frown: ) but I am considering getting some flowers to spruce up the room :tongue:
Original post by Callum17

Are we talking 1 or 2 pot plants or a full blown forest? It could end up being like the Rainforest Cafe if you're not careful :eek:

Spoiler

Reply 1146
Another silly Q from me, but with the whole MTV party shirts thing, how do we prove we have bought them? Do we have to wear them? If so... :rolleyes:
Reply 1147
Original post by Nirgilis
Geez, we're good to you... :tongue:

Spoiler

Getting 3,000 of these bad boys ready for you :colone:

I'll take five :wink:
Reply 1148
Original post by s_axo
Another silly Q from me, but with the whole MTV party shirts thing, how do we prove we have bought them? Do we have to wear them? If so... :rolleyes:

yes i think wearing them is the protocol :yes:
Reply 1149
Do we need to collect our uni card and complete enrollment before we move in?
Packing really, really sucks.
Reply 1151
Original post by grt
I'll take five :wink:

I've already taken 3 :colone: . With some ''extras'' for my volunteering contribution :sexface:

Original post by hello calum
How many can I have?
Also, when you say 'bad boys', you are referring to the bags in the photo right? Otherwise I may have to stay in my room :eek:

Ha! No-one checks how many you have got. You can only take 1 at a time, but you could create a pile outside the door and just go round and round and round if you so wished :tongue:

Is all the fact that all the freshers stuff is green an intentional joke or completely by chance? :tongue:

Completely by chance. It's always green on the SU website, but the bag colour changes year on year. It was black when I first started and purple last year me thinks :yep:

Ha! No-one checks how many you have got. You can only take 1 at a time, but you could create a pile outside the door and just go round and round and round if you so wished :tongue:

Is that really in the spirit of things though :slap: :tongue:
Reply 1153
Original post by Revi
yes i think wearing them is the protocol :yes:

AYE. Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Math-Magician
Is that really in the spirit of things though :slap: :tongue:

I'll need a USB for each of my laptops though :tongue:
Original post by hello calum
I'll need a USB for each of my laptops though :tongue:

Ah yes I forgot about that, and tbh stealing laptops is worse than hoarding freebies :colone:
Seriously, what's the deal about those mysterious bags of goodness? Did I miss a memo? What's in them? Pleeeeaaase?
Original post by EnricoDandolo
Seriously, what's the deal about those mysterious bags of goodness? Did I miss a memo? What's in them? Pleeeeaaase?

FREEBIES! Nirgilis just said "stuff :colone:"
Reply 1158
Ah yes I forgot about that, and tbh stealing laptops is worse than hoarding freebies :colone:

Hoarding freebies... :colone: . I managed to fill the bottom of my wardrobe with the freebies picked up from the freshers fair :tongue: . Don't think I used many of them though :erm: . Well, apart from the Dominoes vouchers :colone:

Original post by EnricoDandolo

FREEBIES! Nirgilis just said "stuff :colone:"

It's really not exciting :emo: . A load of leaflets and some promotional stuff :h: . Well worth a read of them all though, some of them have some quite-good deals :colone:

It's really not exciting :emo: . A load of leaflets and some promotional stuff :h: . Well worth a read of them all though, some of them have some quite-good deals :colone:

So its not quite Christmas coming early then :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest