The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Students: What did you wish you knew as a fresher.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dan_oufc
http://www.molloysbath.co.uk/whats-on/
First event on the left. I do hope its continuing this next year as it is great value for us students!

Shame they have it on Mondays, otherwise they'd have a ton of architecture students getting hammered after our project crits (which are always held on tuesdays :emo: )
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Architecture-er
Wait what? :lolwut:

This might be the best kept secret in Bath... at least nobody I know has even heard of Molloys!

Are you kidding? All of my friends went there all the time... food is cheap and not awful too
Original post by Hedgeman49
Are you kidding? All of my friends went there all the time... food is cheap and not awful too

Goddammit :mad:

Well I'm living just across the river from the train station this year, so I'm fairly close to it :holmes:
Reply 43
Most of the nights out got their fair coverage. Best advice for freshers? Get off campus. At least once a month or so.

There are an incredible amount of pubs in Bath, have a look for an upstairs or downstairs. Ignored a lot by the student population.

Then there's a lot of wandering to do. Checklist for the years at Bath- Woods around campus. The big canal loop around campus with the aqueduct. The Bath two tunnels. Alexandria park, Victoria park. The hill looking over bath in Southdown. The river going out towards Bristol with the pubs along the way and the boat house just on the edge of bath. The bath-bristol cycle path. The different ways from town up to campus, there are at least six reasonable ones. Linear park. All the different crescents in bath (at least 4 or 5). Odd down and Englishcombe. Heading over to bristol. London and cardiff aren't that far away or expensive if you book in advance/rail card. There's cycle hire as well if you look about.

Academic stuff? Try in your first year. Who do you think does well in the second and third years? Look to see if you can take modules from other departments. They can be a godsend for marks if you're on one of the tougher degrees. And for freshers- If you're hating your degree you can switch over, lots of people do. Even towards the end of first year, then start again the next academic year.

Best tip though? Talk to people one or two years head of you in your course. They'll know the most about pitfalls or how to make your life easier.
Reply 44
Original post by BAD AT MATHS

The uni numbering/building and classroom system is quite confusing at first. So here it is in a nutshell, when you are facing the main enterance of the library, everything to the right of the library are the east buildings, everything to the left are the west buildings. Every building on the library side of the parade are numbered with odd numbers. Everything on the opposite side are numbered evenly. The library and all the main entrances of the uni are on level 2 (level 1 is where the mole people live).
So say you are looking for 8 west 2.10, 8 west would be to the left of the library on the opposite side, meaning you need to walk past the parade bar, then 4 west, 6 west until you reach 8 west building. When you get there you are looking for room 2.10, the 2 represents level 2, and the .10 represents the room number on that level i.e. room .10 on level 2.

Hey great explanation... I had booked a holiday for the wrong week and so missed Freshers week last week, and have lectures in CB 1.11 tomorrow... Where would that be, I can't see it on the campus map?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josh.dyall
Hey great explanation... I had booked a holiday for the wrong week and so missed Freshers week last week, and have lectures in CB 1.11 tomorrow... Where would that be, I can't see it on the campus map?

Posted from TSR Mobile

CB is the new building, by rights it should be 5E if that helps... It's next to the SU
Reply 46
Original post by josh.dyall

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's next to Marlborough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest