The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 9MmBulletz
Pretty stupid because if the referee had seen the initial incident, he would only have been banned for 3 games. So he is essentially getting an extra game ban because of a referee mistake not to send him off earlier.

Furthermore, if they are taking retrospective action with regards to that incident, why don't they look at what Torres was sent off for and get rid of that one game ban and stick with the 3 game ban for "violent conduct".

Yeah I think it was 3-4. More likely 3 but if it's 4 then that's a bit too far.

Yeah I agree we need a CM/CDM. Should've gone for Kondogbia, Hamsik (reasonable chance of landing him in the summer), Vidal
to name a few. I'm pretty sure Jose didn't want to bring in Willian because we sure as hell don't need him.

Add to that, we need another striker unless Mourinho (or whoever is in charge next year knowing RA) has faith in Lukaku

Wonder if we'll buy Sturridge back. We'll probably have to pay 30m but I wouldn't mind it. Lukaku/Sturridge/Torres is really good tbh. But typical of Chelsea to do something like this...

Also, believe it or not, Vidal has a 100m release clause I think. As crazy as we are with transfers I don't think we'll be paying that much! Kondogbia would've been relatively cheap but he went to Monaco :frown:.

*Sigh*. Not been great for us with regards to transfers huh.
Original post by Skkc16
Lol it's such a bizarre situation. If he had started in one of the 1st two games I doubt he'd have requested a loan but he went from starting pretty much every pre season game to being a sub in the 75th min.

Posted from TSR Mobile

He will be another Sturridge situation. Pure waste of talent. Jose will bring him back pre-season, he will score another 10 goals then when the season starts again he will be benched and a week later loaned.
What an idiotic move. Lukaku looks set to get another 15 goals atleast this season.
Reply 6902
Original post by cleveradam
He will be another Sturridge situation. Pure waste of talent. Jose will bring him back pre-season, he will score another 10 goals then when the season starts again he will be benched and a week later loaned.
What an idiotic move. Lukaku looks set to get another 15 goals atleast this season.

If he does really well this season I doubt he'll be loaned he'd probably just ask to leave permanently if he still doesn't get games. I imagine a few clubs would have him as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha Lukaku 3 goals from 2 apps for Everton so far.

Oh Jose :colonhash:
Battle for top 4 - Spurs/Arsenal/Liverpool/Everton/Man City/Chelsea and Utd. Looking ever so likely that 1 of the latter 3 are bound to miss out.
Without injuries Everton look the most complete team in the league in all positions.
Ross Barkley will be the next big thing, looking better than Wilshere already when he was 19.
(edited 10 years ago)
LMFAO - Twitter trend on Lukaku is hilarious.
Lukakufacts.png
LUKAKU=Chuck Norris!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah I think it was 3-4. More likely 3 but if it's 4 then that's a bit too far.

Wonder if we'll buy Sturridge back. We'll probably have to pay 30m but I wouldn't mind it. Lukaku/Sturridge/Torres is really good tbh. But typical of Chelsea to do something like this...

Also, believe it or not, Vidal has a 100m release clause I think. As crazy as we are with transfers I don't think we'll be paying that much! Kondogbia would've been relatively cheap but he went to Monaco :frown:.

*Sigh*. Not been great for us with regards to transfers huh.

100 million? LOL

We should definitely get Hamsik who looks like a perfect replacement forr Lampard. Got a very good shot on him and was the top assist man last year in Italy. Would cost 35-40 million I guess. We should sell one of our AM/ Wingers and bring him in so the outlay on Hamsik is only around 20-25 million.

Other midfielders we could look at are Strootman,Pogba (unlikely to leave though) to name a few. Heck, if Barkley has a good season I see no reason why not to poach him for Merseyside.

Van Ginkel can be our defensive midfielder, and with Lukaku hopefully having a good season, we slot him back in and possibly get Sturridge back and offload one of Torres or Ba, while Eto'o's contract runs out.
100 million? LOL

We should definitely get Hamsik who looks like a perfect replacement forr Lampard. Got a very good shot on him and was the top assist man last year in Italy. Would cost 35-40 million I guess. We should sell one of our AM/ Wingers and bring him in so the outlay on Hamsik is only around 20-25 million.

Other midfielders we could look at are Strootman,Pogba (unlikely to leave though) to name a few. Heck, if Barkley has a good season I see no reason why not to poach him for Merseyside.

Van Ginkel can be our defensive midfielder, and with Lukaku hopefully having a good season, we slot him back in and possibly get Sturridge back and offload one of Torres or Ba, while Eto'o's contract runs out.

Manchester United are going to snap up Barkley in a heartbeat by January/June.
100 million? LOL

I loved Barkley today. Even though he played more as an attacking mid I think he could do a good job centrally. Him and Lukaku were sick together :biggrin:. Also helps that he's English.

Yeah we've spoken about Hamsik before. Agree with everything!
Reply 6910
100 million? LOL

Pretty sure Hamsik said something fairly recently about staying at Napoli his entire career. Don't think they'd sell him anyway.

Would be very surprised if Sturridge wanted to come back as well, I wouldn't in his situation tbh.
Reply 6911
Had to come back but won't be here for long, in ****ing disbelief. It's so ****ing foreseeable as well. At least mourinho wasn't stupid enough to sell him.

Also while everton are doing well, it's bull**** to suggest they're the most complete team in the league in all positions. Never mind depth but bar striker(guess who had him anyway) we're immesurably stronger in each department. Same goes for spurs, same goes for united, liverpool, arsenal and city. In fact city alone just kills that argument. The fact that everton are conceding 2+ goals each match to the likes of west ham norwich and newcastle is slightly alarming about their defence too.

Bar that rant. I wonder how jose is feeling right now. He surely must know he made a cockup? Unless he's trying to 'revive torres' like the past 3 managers have been :rolleyes: whoever is in charge of our signing business needs a slap.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Nickini
Pretty sure Hamsik said something fairly recently about staying at Napoli his entire career. Don't think they'd sell him anyway.

Would be very surprised if Sturridge wanted to come back as well, I wouldn't in his situation tbh.

Plently of players have said they want to stay at their clubs for their whole career and end up leaving for greener pastures. It's football and they're human beings who at one point or another are likely to act contradictory.

Pretty sure Henry said he never wanted to join a club like Barcelona after the Champions League. Low and behold, he left for them the year after.
In fact, Rafa Benitez said that he'd never go to Chelsea because our fans are "plastic" and where was he for 6 months last season?

Players and managers say things but when push comes to shove, managers, players, directors, and owners are always willing to negotiate and compromise on their preferences when a bit of cash is put on the table
Original post by jam277
Had to come back but won't be here for long, in ****ing disbelief. It's so ****ing foreseeable as well. At least mourinho wasn't stupid enough to sell him.

Also while everton are doing well, it's bull**** to suggest they're the most complete team in the league in all positions. Never mind depth but bar striker(guess who had him anyway) we're immesurably stronger in each department. Same goes for spurs, same goes for united, liverpool, arsenal and city. In fact city alone just kills that argument.

Bar that rant. I wonder how jose is feeling right now. He surely must know he made a cockup? Unless he's trying to 'revive torres' like the past 3 managers have been :rolleyes: whoever is in charge of our signing business needs a slap.

Chill, he's only played 2 games this season plus he was really lucky at West Brom :colondollar:

He's a good player. I mean the only thing you can say is that teams play much deeper against Chelsea so it would be harder for him to find spaces like Torres (who is probably our best on his day).

Either way, if he gets 15-20 goals this season, at least we've sorted out our striker situation for next season.

It's win-win especially if Mourinho didn't have him in his plans for a regular 1st 11 place.

At least Mourinho is eating his words with regards to Mata and he probably hasn't even watched videos of us playing last year. Because if he had, Mata wouldn't be on the bench for Willian. Schurrle,De Bruyne or Oscar for that matter
Reply 6914
Plently of players have said they want to stay at their clubs for their whole career and end up leaving for greener pastures. It's football and they're human beings who at one point or another are likely to act contradictory.

Pretty sure Henry said he never wanted to join a club like Barcelona after the Champions League. Low and behold, he left for them the year after.
In fact, Rafa Benitez said that he'd never go to Chelsea because our fans are "plastic" and where was he for 6 months last season?

Players and managers say things but when push comes to shove, managers, players, directors, and owners are always willing to negotiate and compromise on their preferences when a bit of cash is put on the table

This, matter of fact is football is a job first and foremost, you can show allegiance but at the end of the day it brings food(or in this case ferrari's and strippers) to the table. You'll get a lot of hypocrisy in football, that's how it is. People need to be wiser when making comments to the media, see deco and mourinho e.g.
Reply 6915

Yeah obviously. IIRC he said something along the lines of "I want to be Napoli's De Rossi" (might have been Totti, I'll see if I can find it), which to me is more meaningful than your average "I'd like to play for this club for ages".

Regardless, my point was I don't think there's any chance of us getting Hamsik, or him leaving Napoli for a good few years at least. He signed a new contract until 2018 in the summer, Benitez reckons he's worth more than Bale and Napoli are in a fantastic position at the moment - I don't see why they'd sell their best player if he didn't want to leave.
Reply 6916
Chill, he's only played 2 games this season plus he was really lucky at West Brom :colondollar:

He's a good player. I mean the only thing you can say is that teams play much deeper against Chelsea so it would be harder for him to find spaces like Torres (who is probably our best on his day).

Either way, if he gets 15-20 goals this season, at least we've sorted out our striker situation for next season.

It's win-win especially if Mourinho didn't have him in his plans for a regular 1st 11 place.

At least Mourinho is eating his words with regards to Mata and he probably hasn't even watched videos of us playing last year. Because if he had, Mata wouldn't be on the bench for Willian. Schurrle,De Bruyne or Oscar for that matter

I do think that lukaku would still have done well for us regardless of the majority of opposition parking planes against us, he did well(bar against bayern) for the most part this season, but chances were limited. He gave us another option in the air too, jose himself said ivan looked to cross on the wing but drogba is at galatasaray yet sells the only player capable of giving us that option on the wing which would resolve our width issues.

I'm not trying to be too critical of jose. I think he was challenging mata for the most part(defensive work is vital in a possession based system tbf) and also trying to get the best out of oscar which is the no.10 role. But he must surely know loaning lukaku out was a cockup.

He did the right decision with moses, personally think he's a bit retarded when he plays but has loads of talent aka the nigerian gervinho. He sorts his football brain/consistent final ball and we have a player on our hands, if not we'll just sell him to liverpool for a profit anyway.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6917
Original post by Nickini
Yeah obviously. IIRC he said something along the lines of "I want to be Napoli's De Rossi" (might have been Totti, I'll see if I can find it), which to me is more meaningful than your average "I'd like to play for this club for ages".

Regardless, my point was I don't think there's any chance of us getting Hamsik, or him leaving Napoli for a good few years at least. He signed a new contract until 2018 in the summer, Benitez reckons he's worth more than Bale and Napoli are in a fantastic position at the moment - I don't see why they'd sell their best player if he didn't want to leave.

That's true that it'll be hard to get him or vidal, I haven't watched much napoli this season but I thought hamsik wasn't that great defensively? He obviously is a great passer but if we were getting a DLP or a top level DM surely a player who's more combative in his approach but is also able to play the ball well would be a more viable option(luiz/schweinsteigger/gundogan)? Or maybe gokhan inler if possible?
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, Gundogan was also discussed here and he'd be the ideal guy -- a DLP which we really need. Song was considered because he has good ball distribution and composure that we don't have, although he isn't great at tackling.
Reply 6919
What words are these? Mata was pretty much invisible against Villa and Everton and playing nowhere near to the standard he did last season, and considering how well Oscar has been playing Mourinho had every right to bench Mata tbf. The players should be earning their game time, Mata's clearly put in the work and he's now back in the first team. It's the exact same situation with KDB, if he works hard he'll get into the first team. No idea why everyone's getting so concerned, would you rather we were playing an out of form Mata/KDB every game when (currently) better options exist?

Latest