The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5800
Original post by Pabblethefish
Just curious, is anyone else strong advised forced to take general studies?

It's because the school gets money for how many students take it :smile:

Well that's what my head of year says and we don't even have it as an option due to it hardly being worth anything :lol:
Original post by Elm Tree
I've taken similar subjects to you :tongue: Maths, Physics, Chemistry but Economics instead of Geography.
This is weird... I also was about to take further maths but in the end I decided not to because of the work load; I'm struggling to revise for everything even with economics! :s-smilie:
I still have to sign up for extracurricular stoof aswell. Hopefully the workload will ease up and I'll have time for something.

Ah, that's crazy! I'm so glad I didn't take further maths though...

In my C1 test so far (it was on completing the square and quadratics) I got 42%, although this did make me appreciate my 60% in statistics. I'm glad though because I'm a lazy student and the 42% really gave me a wake up call and it's better now than later I suppose!

Original post by Elm Tree
I am :frown:
Still confused on what this whole thing is about... I should research it soon

So far we've just walked around the school judging pieces of art :laugh:
Original post by techno836
It's because the school gets money for how many students take it :smile:

Well that's what my head of year says and we don't even have it as an option due to it hardly being worth anything :lol:

Well I'm doing the AQA Bacc so I'd have to do it anyway but it's annoying how it's pretty much worth nothing (unless combined with EPQ for the AQA Bacc or something equivalent) but then I guess it's not exactly time consuming either :tongue:
Hello all. Not year 12 but am doing French AS. Jw, how are you guys organising your notes, particularly grammar?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5804
Well I'm doing the AQA Bacc so I'd have to do it anyway but it's annoying how it's pretty much worth nothing (unless combined with EPQ for the AQA Bacc or something equivalent) but then I guess it's not exactly time consuming either :tongue:

I don't even know what it consists of so I couldn't say.... But I dint think I could fit it in with 1 free a week anyway :wink:
Ah, that's crazy! I'm so glad I didn't take further maths though...

In my C1 test so far (it was on completing the square and quadratics) I got 42%, although this did make me appreciate my 60% in statistics. I'm glad though because I'm a lazy student and the 42% really gave me a wake up call and it's better now than later I suppose!

So far we've just walked around the school judging pieces of art :laugh:

We had to produce a poster in Lithuania
Original post by techno836
I don't even know what it consists of so I couldn't say.... But I dint think I could fit it in with 1 free a week anyway :wink:

It takes up an hour a week so there you go!
Reply 5807
It takes up an hour a week so there you go!

Oh well I wouldn't want to anyway :P
How did you do in your maths AS, didn't you sit it in year 11?

If you're happy with those subjects then go for it. Are you still thinking chemistry? :biggrin:

Got an A :smile:

Yeah, Chem/Med
Original post by Obiejess
Hello all. Not year 12 but am doing French AS. Jw, how are you guys organising your notes, particularly grammar?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just put it all under grammar :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Got an A :smile:

:eek: that's amazing!
:eek: that's amazing!

An A at A2 as well, need to resit C3!
An A at A2 as well, need to resit C3!

Oh yes because that A is just substandard :wink:
Oh yes because that A is just substandard :wink:

Well I got over 90 in C4 so might as well!
Well I got over 90 in C4 so might as well!

Yeah and it's something you're good at so you might as well :smile:

Well done!
Any tips on acing AS maths? I really want an A!

(doesn't everyone, right?)
Oh my! Congratz on your GCSE results! I got 5 A*s, 4 As and a B (and a C in drama but let's not talk about that one :tongue:), so half your A*s :wink:

Edit: Whoops, no that's a lie. I got 4 A*s and 5 As :tongue:

Haha, wow, you did really well :biggrin: What A-levels are you taking?
Original post by Georgiecat
Haha, wow, you did really well :biggrin: What A-levels are you taking?

Maths, chemistry, physics and geography so similar to you :tongue:

Everything's going well (omg love chemistry) apart from maths, I just can't seem to grasp C1 which is frustrating but it's literally just a tiny step up from GCSE. I'm finding stats easy but soso boring. How are you finding your subjects?
Original post by ryanb97
Has anybody had mocks yet ? -- like little class tests... but all the topics you have covered so far ?

I think we have some for all of our subjects near the end of half term.... it has flown by...

We have finished around/nearly... 4 topics out of 6 .. in bio and chem
a fair chunk of physics is done....
and the FM class are well into it....

i think all of the first few modules e.g. B1 C1 P1..for he sciences and C1 M1 and a bit of FP1 .... will be finished by half term

how is everyone elses lessons panning out ?

You have to be sh*tting me I think we go to the same college and particularly the same maths class

Ryan

You have to be sh*tting me I think we go to the same college and particularly the same maths class
I'm getting so stressed about A Levels already, and I have been since the first week back. It's just all getting on top of me, I'm not sure if I'll be able to cope with this for the rest of the year ugh.
Original post by techno-thriller

Hehe... i goto a grammar ot a college ? ? --- you go QM ?

i know there is another guy from QM here....might be a few stalkers but non posters as well ...

Whats your name ( although i dont know everyones yet :colondollar: )

Ryan

Latest