The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mentally
This might be abit late but hi, i'm in Year 12 currently studying Maths Chemistry Biology Physics and Further Maths. Just wondering does anyone here do additional Further Maths?

Never to late :colone:

:erm: if you look on the first post there's a list. I think there are one of two!
Reply 6421
Original post by MangoFreak
Nay, the actually highest rated series of all time :ahee:

Just checked and it is! :biggrin:

Last time I checked was a month or two back when I finished Season 3 (and Season 5 had not long started) and it was 2nd to "Planet Earth".

Well deserved though because it is a masterpiece. I can't see another show beating it for a LONG time yet :cool:
Reply 6422
Original post by Red Fox
I'm on AQA so can't do AFM. Yes I can retake but preferably wouldn't like to obviously and M1 S1 are meant to be for Maths and D1 is for FM. Thinking of doing FP2-3, and M3-4, the more maths the better haha so if I only have to do C4 next year for normal maths then it would be great:smile:

Thats really good.

omg S1 is so booring!! I'm finding it harder than C3 :eek::frown:.

I've done C1 and C2, finished D1 (just got to finish linear programming), halfway through S1, nearly done C3 and I am going to learn C4 from January 2014. So hopefully I can get A level Maths by the end of year 12.:colondollar:

Wow you've done M1 as well? I'm not doing M1 but I would prefer it to S1, as I'm doing Mechanics in OCR Physics right now. :s-smilie: Don't know if I should do FM to AS next year if I complete Maths this year... Do you think I should?
Current A levels are Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Hoping to finish A level Maths by year 12.
So, for A2 I've got Chemistry, Biology and Physics. (Obviously wanting to studying medicine:rolleyes:)

I know A2 Chemistry, Biology and Physics is going to be tough just as it is, and I only need 3 A levels tbf. But an additional AS in FM is beneficial and may be advantageous for my university application. Don't know what to do!...
Original post by a123a
Thats really good.

omg S1 is so booring!! I'm finding it harder than C3 :eek::frown:.

I've done C1 and C2, finished D1 (just got to finish linear programming), halfway through S1, nearly done C3 and I am going to learn C4 from January 2014. So hopefully I can get A level Maths by the end of year 12.:colondollar:

Wow you've done M1 as well? I'm not doing M1 but I would prefer it to S1, as I'm doing Mechanics in OCR Physics right now. :s-smilie: Don't know if I should do FM to AS next year if I complete Maths this year... Do you think I should?
Current A levels are Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
Hoping to finish A level Maths by year 12.
So, for A2 I've got Chemistry, Biology and Physics. (Obviously wanting to studying medicine:rolleyes:)

I know A2 Chemistry, Biology and Physics is going to be tough just as it is, and I only need 3 A levels tbf. But an additional AS in FM is beneficial and may be advantageous for my university application. Don't know what to do!...

If you like Maths then go for it. You could do FP1 M1 M2 and Physics will seriously help for the Mechanics modules
Reply 6424
Original post by Red Fox
If you like Maths then go for it. You could do FP1 M1 M2 and Physics will seriously help for the Mechanics modules

Thing is my school doesn't do mechanics so I would have to teach it myself. My school doesn't even do FM so I will have to teach myself FP1 as well.:frown:
Original post by Red Fox
I'm on AQA so can't do AFM. Yes I can retake but preferably wouldn't like to obviously and M1 S1 are meant to be for Maths and D1 is for FM. Thinking of doing FP2-3, and M3-4, the more maths the better haha so if I only have to do C4 next year for normal maths then it would be great:smile:

FP3 and M4 sound hard as hell
Original post by L'Evil Fish
So you watched it basically straight! I'm on S4Ep3 now... Started Tuesday and had to stop because I was made to :erm:

It's not even amazing, just addictive.

I got up to date by season 5 so every Monday I had Breaking Bad to look forward to seeing. Broke my heart when it ended though. Anyone here watch Game of Thrones or Suits?
Original post by Farhan96
I got up to date by season 5 so every Monday I had Breaking Bad to look forward to seeing. Broke my heart when it ended though. Anyone here watch Game of Thrones or Suits?

I'm on S4E4 realised... :colonhash: need to watch some MOAR, Mike has just driven Jesse off.
Original post by a123a
Thing is my school doesn't do mechanics so I would have to teach it myself. My school doesn't even do FM so I will have to teach myself FP1 as well.:frown:

I'd say that's feasible:tongue:
Original post by Farhan96

I watch Game of Thrones, wasn't able to get into Suits :tongue:

GRR Martin is apparently planning to write in a Walter White-esque character to the books as a result of GoTs constant losses to Breaking Bad at the Emmys :awesome:
I should probably start actually doing some work instead of playing videogames :colonhash:

cant...doo...eetttt *pulls hand away from controller*
Original post by Glitch96
I should probably start actually doing some work instead of playing videogames :colonhash:

cant...doo...eetttt *pulls hand away from controller*

My holiday in a nut shell...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
My holiday in a nut shell...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tests to prepare for, software to be programmed, Minecraft cities to be built and TV shows to watch, yep a week is far from enough, looking forward to my next holiday already :redface:
Does anyone know of any really good sites for self teaching Pure Maths, specifically AQA? I can't say I think my teacher is wonderful...
Original post by tsjmcgrath
Does anyone know of any really good sites for self teaching Pure Maths, specifically AQA? I can't say I think my teacher is wonderful...

Examsolutions.net
Examsolutions.net

Thank you. :smile:
Examsolutions.net

How would I go about solving this?

Spoiler

Coordinate geometry, C2 :tongue:
Original post by Elm Tree

Spoiler

complete the squares on x and y separately. Get them to = something and then the centre is the negative of the bit inside the brackets

(x-a) + (y-b) = r^2

Centre of circle is (a,b)
Radius is square root of right hand side

I'll do the first one and upload it
Original post by Elm Tree

Spoiler

1382897676618.jpg

I have all the answers and working for all of them if you need.
(edited 10 years ago)
1382897676618.jpg

Ah okay.. I think I understand it now . You're too good :biggrin:

Edit: No worries I got the answers here with me, but thanks a lot anyways
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest