Nice, where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sheffield, York, East Anglia and Bristol

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 401
Has anyone got an offer for Accounting and Finance yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 402
I got my offer last night for english and american literature!!
Reply 403
I'm applying to do maths :smile: Also, i recently got an email saying 'We are delighted to have received your application to study with us and we will be in contact shortly about this.'

how many other people have had an email like this, and if so, how long after did you get a decision? :smile:

Reply 404
Just got an offer for Chemistry! AAB, or unconditional if I firm it :biggrin:
Got an offer yesterday for Physics and Astrophysics of their standard offer A*AA :smile:)) my first offer, tis very exciting :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 406
Just got an offer for English: they only want me to get an A in English this year. That's semi-unconditional, right?

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! :biggrin:
Reply 407
Original post by lizz-ie
Just got an offer for Chemistry! AAB, or unconditional if I firm it :biggrin:

Did you complete your A Levels already? Also, when did you send off your application & when did you get called to interview? Also (sorry... questions!) how did the interview go? I've heard it's group interviews.
Reply 408
Original post by 18 Stars
Did you complete your A Levels already? Also, when did you send off your application & when did you get called to interview? Also (sorry... questions!) how did the interview go? I've heard it's group interviews.

No, I'm doing them this year :smile:
Sent my application on 4th October, and I went to a chemistry day in the summer and they gave mock interviews to everyone there (which really helped for my interviews at other unis!) so I didn't have to go to an applicant visit day :smile:
Reply 409
Hold on, so you get offers from Birmingham without an actual interview involved?
Reply 410
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/unconditional-offer-scheme-2014.aspx I only just saw this :redface: Would love to get an unconditional but can't really see that happening haha!

Hold on, so you get offers from Birmingham without an actual interview involved?

Not all courses require interviews :tongue:
Reply 411

Well no, I was interviewed by the head of department at the chemistry day in the summer holidays :smile:

Original post by Aliyaa
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/unconditional-offer-scheme-2014.aspx I only just saw this :redface: Would love to get an unconditional but can't really see that happening haha!

I didn't think I'd get one, so you never know! Just make a good impression at interview, and as long as you have good grades and your course is eligible, you have as much of a chance as anyone else! Good luck :smile:
Reply 412
Original post by lizz-ie
Well no, I was interviewed by the head of department at the chemistry day in the summer holidays :smile:

I didn't think I'd get one, so you never know! Just make a good impression at interview, and as long as you have good grades and your course is eligible, you have as much of a chance as anyone else! Good luck :smile:

Congrats on your offer!! Will you be firming? My course doesn't require an interview so it looks like I'm not eligible after all :tongue:
Reply 413
Original post by Aliyaa
Congrats on your offer!! Will you be firming? My course doesn't require an interview so it looks like I'm not eligible after all :tongue:

I really have no idea!
Reply 414
Offer to study Accounting and Finance - AAB
Has anybody ever heard that Birmingham doesn't accept IB predictions for medicine?!?!?!?!

I was rejected early on for medicine, and when I emailed I was informed that because I didn't provide GCSE results (which I couldn't possibly have, i applied as an international candidate from an American school). They told me that they don't accepted predicted results for medicine.

My argument is:
1) why the hell would they not post this on their entry requirements for the course
and
2) this doesn't apply to all uk universities does it?!?

What should I do?? My counsellor is meant to be contacting them, but she's been out sick for some days. I'm thinking about emailing UCAS and explaining this.. it shouldn't be my fault that they failed to specify what types of results they accept on their entry requirements.
Original post by Delciate
Has anybody ever heard that Birmingham doesn't accept IB predictions for medicine?!?!?!?!

I was rejected early on for medicine, and when I emailed I was informed that because I didn't provide GCSE results (which I couldn't possibly have, i applied as an international candidate from an American school). They told me that they don't accepted predicted results for medicine.

My argument is:
1) why the hell would they not post this on their entry requirements for the course
and
2) this doesn't apply to all uk universities does it?!?

What should I do?? My counsellor is meant to be contacting them, but she's been out sick for some days. I'm thinking about emailing UCAS and explaining this.. it shouldn't be my fault that they failed to specify what types of results they accept on their entry requirements.

You should definitely email Birmingham first, and if you get no reply then try UCAS, because they must surely definitely accept the IB! Did you definitely put on your UCAS your equivalent qualifications to GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LucyW456
You should definitely email Birmingham first, and if you get no reply then try UCAS, because they must surely definitely accept the IB! Did you definitely put on your UCAS your equivalent qualifications to GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied via my school so my counsellor put in my IB predictions when she proofread the application. Aren't those GCSE equivalents...? i also had my SAT scores on there.
And I have emailed Birmingham. The head of admissions at the Medicine department was the one that told me they don't accept predictions. But looking at their entry requirements, they seem to accept predictions for A-levels. I am quite ticked off.
I got an offer to study Sociology on the 6th. :smile:
Reply 419
Anybody had an offer from the business school at Birmingham yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending