The Student Room Group

Help with UCAS Computer Science

Hi,
I'm desperate need of some advice regarding my UCAS application. I got terrible A-level grades (personal issues) and i'm currently doing a foundation year at Aston uni in Computer Science. I'm aiming to get above 70%, I really want to go to uni of Birmingham, what could I do to make my application look better.
Original post by lisa765
Hi,
I'm desperate need of some advice regarding my UCAS application. I got terrible A-level grades (personal issues) and i'm currently doing a foundation year at Aston uni in Computer Science. I'm aiming to get above 70%, I really want to go to uni of Birmingham, what could I do to make my application look better.

On this page the University of Birmingham list the qualifications they accept for entry to their undergraduate degrees, and the qualifications that will consider. Nowhere on that page are foundation years at other universities mentioned. Foundation years are not qualification in their own right, do not lead to UCAS points, and are not designed to be "transferable" between universities. As such, it may well be that this route simply isn't an option.

I suggest you contact Birmingham's admissions team (e.g. via their enquiry form, here) and ask if there any circumstances where they would consider a foundation year from Aston as meeting their entry requirements for Computer Science BSc, which are A*AA at A level.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
On this page the University of Birmingham list the qualifications they accept for entry to their undergraduate degrees, and the qualifications that will consider. Nowhere on that page are foundation years at other universities mentioned. Foundation years are not qualification in their own right, do not lead to UCAS points, and are not designed to be "transferable" between universities. As such, it may well be that this route simply isn't an option.

I suggest you contact Birmingham's admissions team (e.g. via their enquiry form, here) and ask if there any circumstances where they would consider a foundation year from Aston as meeting their entry requirements for Computer Science BSc, which are A*AA at A level.

They told me I would need to get at least 70% in all my modules, but i'm still really worried.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending