The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton University Application 2014

Hello

I have applied for Southampton University to study psychology I looked at the entry requirements and it said either AAB or ABB with extended project and i am predicted ABB. i didn't know whether i wanted to apply for Southampton or not i made up my mind a week ago that i wanted to apply there. my dad told me that i have to be predicted ABB in order to apply for Southampton. Today i found out that they want an A in extended project if you are predicted ABB but i don't take extended project. does this mean that my application wont be accepted by them due to this factor?

Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
It is always hard to know but the law of averages says you are on a bit of a sticky wicket.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Taity33
It is always hard to know but the law of averages says you are on a bit of a sticky wicket.

What? :/
It would be a risky application, but Southampton has struggled a bit for applicants recently, so they might be willing to be more lenient.

If you really want to go there, I'd suggest applying, but making sure that you definitely have the grades for your other choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What I was trying to say is that Southampton will take a certain number of applicants below AAB. However, the vast majority will have AAB or ABB and A in EPQ, so you are immediately putting yourself into the large pool of people that don't quite have the grades going for the small number of places for those without the grades. As well put by the member before as a risky choice.
Reply 5
Does anyone know when interviews finish for Southampton Medicine A100 2014? I'm still waiting for a reply of any sort from S'ton and starting to wonder...
Original post by Sa3uel
Does anyone know when interviews finish for Southampton Medicine A100 2014? I'm still waiting for a reply of any sort from S'ton and starting to wonder...

Try having a look on the medicine forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Origami Bullets
Try having a look on the medicine forum

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 8
Hi again

i recieved an offer from southampton, they want AAB but im still not sure if i would be able to achieve that, ive asked the careers department in college and they;ve said that they have been struggling with applications so they may consider taking in students with ABB
Reply 9
Hi Guys!

I'm currently studying Children's Nursing at Southampton, just coming to the end of my first year and i'm also a Freshers Rep for next year! So if you have any question at all (whether about the Nursing or Southampton Uni in general) feel free to either ask me on here or drop me a message! Good luck for exams! :smile: xx
Reply 10
Hi guys, I'm a current student at Southampton, and was trying to work out what the main reason is for people's choice for Southampton - if you guys wouldn't mind replying (you won't be named) with a ranking from 1 (most) -7 (least)

Accommodation
Location (within the city/country, proximity to home, near the sea)
Campus university
Student life - night life,
Official university rankings - Russell Group, Guardian rankings etc.
Recommendations - family, friends
UniStats

I'd really appreciate your help, it is completely up to you so be honest, no pressure or judgements, it's just for an article I'm doing for our student paper (the best paper ever by the way :P) - good luck and I hope you'll all be joining us in September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending