The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7820
Original post by Basiji
Don't get it. What you tryna say?

That since 1= number, 2= number therefore 1=2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Eloades11
The defender run into him, Ramires couldn't have possibly stayed on his feet. Why should Ramires make the effort to try and stay on his feet when the clumsy defender comes colliding into his back? Stupid on the defenders part. Ramires is the last player who tries to go down easily for a penalty.

Look don't talk about the player, talk about this example. Every player is going to get frustrated in games and try and win their team the match in any way possible, but looking at this example you have to accept that he went down to win the penalty.

The defender didnt run into him, he was running in a straight line and Ramires suddenly pulls his whole body back into the defender for no reason other than to get the contact, there is no other reason why he'd do that, it puts him in a worse position in terms of getting a shot on goal away...
Reply 7822
Original post by 419
That since 1= number, 2= number therefore 1=2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:wtf:Ay bmt, I'm a bit slow in the head. I have no idea what you're saying. Or are you trolling?
[video="youtube;fPQpALvnAOE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQpALvnAOE#t=0[/video]

Now if only he was disciplined enough to be in the DM role.
Willian scored for Brazil yesterday. At least he's getting some recognition for his performances. He should be starting ahead of Hazard imo. I think he knows when to pass the ball better than Hazard does an Hazard just isn't performing well at the moment. I think he needs to play alongside Mata to get the best out of him.

I know Oscar has been playing well so far, but if Mourinho actually gave Mata the chance we all know he'd be playing as well as, if not better than Oscar through the middle. Yes we shouldn't question Mourinho, but honestly an AMF trio of Willian-Mata-Hazard would have created us more chances and possibly moer goals than Schurrle-Oscar-Hazard,

Schurrle and Oscar are hard-working players, but we have 21 points from 11 games, so it's not like our new "hard-working" style is more effective as Benitez' own way of doing things. I'm sure if Mata and Willian play more, we would definitely create more chances. It might make our defense more vulnerable but our defense has been so-so, so we may as well play more expansively from the start and take risks.

Saying that, like I said before Mourinho doesn't trust our pivot/ central midfield players so he's relying on others to do the dirty defensive work. A deep-lying playmaker plus a combative "attack destroyer" like a Makelele/Mascherano (for Liverpool) would stop us having to make our attackers tracking back

That's my two cents on the whole Mata matter
^Been linked with so many ****ing midfielders it's doing my head in. If we don't end up signing someone this January...
Is this the thread where we talk about that small London club whose whole stability lies in the back pocket of a thieving Russian? I like.
Original post by DarkSlayer128
Is this the thread where we talk about that small London club whose whole stability lies in the back pocket of a thieving Russian? I like.

You're an arsenal fan, aren't you ?
Original post by DarkSlayer128

Nice try, Zurich!
Did Jam and Zurich get perma banned?
Nah Zurich's still here I just said that as a joke since he always used to make comments like that :tongue:

jam I have no idea. Just says 'banned' -- but there are no warning points near his username.
It's been 8 days without club football- **** that can make a grown man cry
Hey guys, just joined The Student Room.

This is the best thread so far <3
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7833
BZi2Wh5CYAAmTha.jpg
Original post by Skkc16
BZi2Wh5CYAAmTha.jpg

so we finally get back to action on Saturday, lucky only one more league match in November. Do we think we can actually win a league game in November. Am hoping to see Mata, Schurrle and Oscar behind Torres.
Original post by chelseafreak
so we finally get back to action on Saturday, lucky only one more league match in November. Do we think we can actually win a league game in November. Am hoping to see Mata, Schurrle and Oscar behind Torres.

Torres is still out injured I think. I wish we'd see more of Demba Ba play, otherwise I can see him heading for the exit in January. Eto'o should be a bench warmer, and only start when Torres & Ba are out.
Reply 7837
Original post by chelseafreak

No to Oscar. He's been poor so far. I expect Schurrle, Mata and Willian playing behind Torres (if he's available)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7838
Original post by UserAnt
No to Oscar. He's been poor so far. I expect Schurrle, Mata and Willian playing behind Torres (if he's available)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know if you meant it that way but it's a bit unfair to say Oscar has been poor so far coz he had a great start but he has been poor lately. Agree that those 3 should start though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UserAnt

Posted from TSR Mobile

I disagree. I think that Oscar has faded over late October and November but he was playing very well in the first six weeks of the season.

Latest