The Student Room Group

GCSE English Literature Exam?

as we are slowly approaching mocks, my english teacher has been making us do the timed question for the contemporary poetry. And to tell you the truth i have been getting c's and d's...but i am an a grade student and obviously quite disappointed...just wondered if anyone has any tips to get the higher grades i long to achieve?xxxx
Reply 1
bumppp
Reply 2
Hi. I am technically in the same boat as you. I am in year 11 and getting C's in my English. This may sound a bit contradicting coming from me but to get a B you need to use a wide range of vocabulary. Different sentence structures can help boost your grade the that band 4. Don't waffle on. That's the biggest thing you cannot do. Examiners hate it when students waffle on. Try and link your point if your comparing to let's say mice of men or something that May or may not boost you... I am not that sure.
Reply 3
Original post by ProDowd
Hi. I am technically in the same boat as you. I am in year 11 and getting C's in my English. This may sound a bit contradicting coming from me but to get a B you need to use a wide range of vocabulary. Different sentence structures can help boost your grade the that band 4. Don't waffle on. That's the biggest thing you cannot do. Examiners hate it when students waffle on. Try and link your point if your comparing to let's say mice of men or something that May or may not boost you... I am not that sure.

I think with me i write so concisely and need to waffle aha! and yeah i need to start linking points to as my essays are:
intro
point 1
poin2
point3
point4
conclusion
there is no linking.
and in vocab, do you mean different starters to the paragraph ie as the poem develops or things like metaphorically things like that ?xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending