The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jeffercake
I've already emailed mine once today :colondollar: I'm going to have to rebook my skills tests if she doesn't do it by Sunday...

What did you say? Just explained about the skills test?
How do you know if you referees complete their references? Do you get an email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can I send something on the start date when I have no school experience?

I'm confused.
Original post by Airfairy
What did you say? Just explained about the skills test?

Yeh. I mean, I did ask her two weeks ago for the reference, and said it would be sent to her on the 21st. So I just politely asked her if she could complete it by Sunday so I could take my tests on Monday. No reply! I know she's really busy, and I said that I understand... but IM IMPATIENT!!!! :colone:

Original post by steph_cook92

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh, you get one email when they agree to do the reference, and one when they do it.
Original post by harry_007

I'm confused.

What do you mean by 'send something on the start date'?
Original post by steph_cook92

Yeah you get 2 emails, one saying they've accepted being the reference request. Then you will get a second saying they have submitted it :smile:

Original post by Airfairy
That's exactly what I did. I think if we were allowed to just get the teacher to do it and not the head, mine would have gone by now. I'm just waiting on him, he seems a bit slow and forgetful :frown:. May give them a nudge if it gets towards late next week.

Frustrating right? I'm waiting for my academic reference now, the other one was done within a couple of hours!
Copied and pasted over my personal statement and it was so many lines over! UGH. I've basically had to delete two whole paragraphs :frown: I think it still reads okay but I'm sad that I had to get rid of a lot of my hard work to make it fit...
Reply 1607

I'm confused.

You don't. Or you put the dates of when you are going to start. It's not just for school experience, it's for employment (paid and voluntuary) as well.
I meant the PGCE application. I want to get it in early but I haven't t got the time to do some experience now.
Original post by Fen2k
You don't. Or you put the dates of when you are going to start. It's not just for school experience, it's for employment (paid and voluntuary) as well.

Oh okay. So I just write something like this for my personal statement:

''I will begin my school experience post-January''.

The end.
Thank you jeffercake and miss_disney :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just realised I put 'ordinary' for degree instead of 'honours' and now I can't change it, how much of a problem is this going to be?
Original post by xxstace123xx
I've just realised I put 'ordinary' for degree instead of 'honours' and now I can't change it, how much of a problem is this going to be?

A massive one - you can't apply with an ordinary degree as it's below a third! Call UCAS and get it fixed.

Oh okay. So I just write something like this for my personal statement:

''I will begin my school experience post-January''.

The end.

You write about why teaching, how you know teaching is for you, other experiences that will make you a great teacher and anything else that applies. There's guidance in the personal statement section of this website :smile:

Should I enter my disability mentor as a character reference as she probably knows me best or, do I ask the chairperson of the learning disability group that I work at? I'm the deputy treasurer, so is there enough of a "gap" between our roles for her to be a good choice? I haven't spoken to her for quite a while as there's been a falling out in the group and I'm unsure if she's okay with me now.

I could use my the leader of the National Citizen Service group that I volunteered with over the summer or the leader of the entire scheme in my city. I really don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
A massive one - you can't apply with an ordinary degree as it's below a third! Call UCAS and get it fixed.

They can't change it :frown: Omg dunno what to do!

She said either start from the beginning again or tell the individual course providers!
Original post by xxstace123xx

They can't change it :frown: Omg dunno what to do!

She said either start from the beginning again or tell the individual course providers!

Contact the individual universities. Be honest and say you accidentally selected the wrong option and it'll be okay. Did it ask you to add your degree class?
Contact the individual universities. Be honest and say you accidentally selected the wrong option and it'll be okay. Did it ask you to add your degree class?

Yes it did but I put 'pending' as I haven't got it yet.

Do you think if my reference is going to write my predicted grade they will get it?

I will contact them as well obviously.
Original post by miss_disney
Sounds ace, :smile: Best of luck, and I'm applying to: Brighton, Chichester and Sussex

fingers crossed! :pingu::smile:

Thanks. Good luck to you too!!
Can we make changes to our applictaion after the refernces fill?
Original post by brown shuga
Can we make changes to our applictaion after the refernces fill?

Nope. You can't make them even once you've sent it - well only to the choices.
I've done everything I can, just waiting for my second reference now. Like most of you my academic tutor was very fast but my Headteacher hasn't accepted yet - I know he's very busy but its so frustrating! Will politely check in on Monday that he got the email as a prompt :smile:

Noticed only after I can't change it that I accidentally entered one module twice but hoping that won't be a massive problem.

Latest

Trending

Trending