The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I put for my degree type that I am doing a BA. Should I have put BA Hons? Will this be a problem? I put that I am leaving with a BA Hons degree on the drop down menu.
Ahhh just paid and sent it off! Gosh, one worry over and another (or 10) take its place!!
Reply 1622
Original post by magic_box
I've done everything I can, just waiting for my second reference now. Like most of you my academic tutor was very fast but my Headteacher hasn't accepted yet - I know he's very busy but its so frustrating! Will politely check in on Monday that he got the email as a prompt :smile:

Noticed only after I can't change it that I accidentally entered one module twice but hoping that won't be a massive problem.

Mines the same! My tutor has done my reference already but the Headteacher hasn't accepted the request yet. I'm hoping he has not forgot or read the email and forgot.. I'm such a worrier.. And I don't want to email him yet because I feel cheeky and annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Mines the same! My tutor has done my reference already but the Headteacher hasn't accepted the request yet. I'm hoping he has not forgot or read the email and forgot.. I'm such a worrier.. And I don't want to email him yet because I feel cheeky and annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email them to confirm if they've received the email...the UCAS lady told me that sometimes it can go in junk mail so just say, "i wanted to make sure you'd received the email as sometimes it can go in junk folder..."
both references are in and it's paid and submitted! aaarghhh now the waiting starts!! thanks for all your help everyone :smile:
Reply 1625
I am still waiting for both my referees to accept and actually do my reference, Can you make a changes to the personal statement after the references has been submitted?
Reply 1626
Original post by Descartes93
Email them to confirm if they've received the email...the UCAS lady told me that sometimes it can go in junk mail so just say, "i wanted to make sure you'd received the email as sometimes it can go in junk folder..."

Good idea!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1627

Also my name on my application is different to my preferred name so I explained that in the email just so he wasn't thinking who is this?? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Argh the wait for references is on!

Submitted my application this morning after proofing it, desperately hope it is all there and correct, but I did my best!

After adamantly saying I'd apply for uni courses, I ended up with 2 school direct options, as that seems to be the location of most of the places!

I aslo ended up writing my work experience as prose, a section on school, a section on my current job and a section on my internship, with reference to other roles that I can expand in interview. It looked really messy to do it in lists and in brief, as I have so much work experience, so I'm hoping they accept I've focused on what I do now as okay!

My secondary reference has accepted and I've been in school today and they are writing it. They CAN see your whole application which is pretty scary lol! Waiting for my ex academic supervisor to get in touch, I emailed him as soon as I submitted my application, but he now only works part time! As long as everything is done by next friday I think I'll be happy with that!

GOOD LUCK everyone :smile:
Original post by oncomingstorm27
I put for my degree type that I am doing a BA. Should I have put BA Hons? Will this be a problem? I put that I am leaving with a BA Hons degree on the drop down menu.

I have done the same, though my highest qualification will be MA. I listed my BA modules as priority, as they cover more of the relevant curriculum subjects... Hope it's okay, couldn't see an Hons option, unless I missed it!
Reply 1630
Anyone know when York St John will open for applications? They don't even come up with any courses on the UCAS search - arrgh! My other two choices are open already...worried if I don't apply for them now then I'll lose out on everywhere I want to apply... :-(
Original post by LaurieLee
I have done the same, though my highest qualification will be MA. I listed my BA modules as priority, as they cover more of the relevant curriculum subjects... Hope it's okay, couldn't see an Hons option, unless I missed it!

I rang UCAS, the woman said it would be seen as an ordinary degree but because I listed I have done a dissertation the unis would probably realise it was a mistake. I just resubmitted my application in the end, didn't want to risk it! But if you have put the grade for your BA I am sure it will be fine :smile:
Thanks! I will contact my choices and let them know, once references have gone through :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1633
Does anyone know if it is possible to amend the personal statement once it has been saved, but is in the process of waiting for references to be added?

Can UCAS allow us to amend it slightly?

Thanks very much for any advice
Reply 1634
Original post by Denu
Anyone know when York St John will open for applications? They don't even come up with any courses on the UCAS search - arrgh! My other two choices are open already...worried if I don't apply for them now then I'll lose out on everywhere I want to apply... :-(

York St John is my first choice and I found it easily yesterday. Are you sure you're doing the correct search? i.e maybe just type York and see if that brings it up?
Reply 1635
Original post by steph_cook92
I spoke to someone at ucas and they said to copy and paste it exactly from word and that the unis will see it as it is formatted in word :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok thank you!!
Reply 1636
Why is Secondary ENGLISH not coming up in the drop down box for Hertfordshire university on the UCAS website?
They seem to have every other subject and it says on their website that they do Secondary English for PGCE. I don't understand!!!
Reply 1637
If your currently in your final year of uni.. For degree classification have people put 'pending' or put what your predicted? I don't know what I'm predicted but know what I got last year.., I've sent it off now do you think this will be ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jo_Marie
Does anyone know if it is possible to amend the personal statement once it has been saved, but is in the process of waiting for references to be added?

Can UCAS allow us to amend it slightly?

Thanks very much for any advice

Unfortunately not!
Anyone applying for business secondary? Or design tech secondary.

im just waiting on my second ref, he said he will fill it in tomorrow so I can pay and get it in.

i just wondered can they cut off apps if they have too many?

Latest

Trending

Trending